• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomRC121991

My current ideal 18 is and this takes Gen 9 into account
Pikachu
Gen 9: 6 Mons
Galar: 4 Mons
Kanto: 1
Johto: 1
Hoenn: 1
Sinnoh (Hisui): 1
Unova: 1
Kalos: 1
Alola: 1
Pikachu
Gen 1: Magnemite Magmar
Gen 2: Tyranitar Houndoom
Gen 3: Flygon Salamemce Aggron
Gen 4: Bonzor
Gen 5: Zoroark
Gen 6: Aegislash
Gen 7: Golisopod
Gen 8: Coalossal
Gen 9: Unknown, Unknown, Unknown

DuskAstral

Even another "leaker" wrote Ash will catch blue color Alcremie. I was unsure about this, i waited for episode for checking a truth about catching new pokemon.
I wouldn't believe this leak. It's too late for him to capture the new Pokémon, while he'll be in M8 soon.

MartínK

Yeah I'm tired of the Pikahu + 5 Mons set up they've been doing since XY especially in Journeys. I was really hoping his multi-regional team would be a bit more multi-regional.

By the way was there ever a "one that got away" in Hoenn for Ash? I can't remember anyone. I mean in Kanto there was Haunter and now he has the evolved form Gengar. Sinnoh has Lucario (also Hippopotas and Snover IIRC). Johto has Larvitar and Houndour.

Unova had Venipede, Kalos had Skrelp, Alola had Wimpod and Passimian... Galar has Dreepy and Drakloak I think? There is nothing in Hoenn ringing a bell. Well now that I think about it there was that Spoink and maybe Sableye?

If Ash were to get another Kanto Pokemon seeing as the last two or three (IF you count Mr. Mime as "new") additions from Kanto were types he hadn't caught back during his Kanto run: Psychic, Dragon, and Ghost. I think I'd like a Rock or Ground type. Or Ground/Rock with Rhyhorn. He did try and catch one in the Safari Zone and I feel Rhydon could use some love. Rhydon was the very first Pokemon ever made after all.

I wouldn't want 20-30 captures though. Honestly, the maximum I feel Ash could get would be Pikachu + 17 (one Pokemon for each type). It'd be like a sports team with everyone having a spot/role (NOT doing this is what screwed over Kingler and later Palpitoad who both had the Water Starter to contend with and later Krookodile the "regional ace" for the latter). There'd be type overlap for sure, but the writers don't care about type overlap (they gave him two Fighting types for his current team for example). Just don't type overlap with the Grass, Fire, or Water Starters or whoever the regional badass is going to be without having a unique second typing.

And if they continue the multi-regional team set up in Gen 9 with nine regions there is more than enough Pokemon to go around for Ash, his companions, TRio, and his rivals to give him 17 or at least more than 5.

Yes I know 17 (18 counting Pikachu) is a lot, but that's how many types there are. Nothing I can do about it.

One from Hoenn, one from Kalos, two from Alola, 4 from Galar and gen 9 mons

ImBeVillain

No more six members

Master Pikachu 11

My current ideal 18 is and this takes Gen 9 into account
Pikachu
Gen 9: 6 Mons
Galar: 4 Mons
Kanto: 1
Johto: 1
Hoenn: 1
Sinnoh (Hisui): 1
Unova: 1
Kalos: 1
Alola: 1

Okay, just for fun pick a Pokemon of each type you'd like to see Ash get. You can include Electric or skip it.
Gen 9: I will wait to see what dex looks like and also I want to see the Starters final evolve forms as well. I hope that Quaxly’s evolution looks good because I want to see Ash with another fully evolve water starter. I don’t want Greninja to be his only one.
Galar: Corviknight, Zarude, Dragapult, Toxtricity
Kanto: Arcanine or Eevee (if it has a new evo)
Johto: Tyranitar
Hoenn: Metagross or Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Gible evolves to Garchomp
Unova: Zoroark or Chandelure
Kalos: Ageislash
Alola: Zeraora

DuskAstral

I would exclude Pokémon from Hisui at all, since these are long gone (confirmed in the special about Arceus). Why expect the impossible?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I would exclude Pokémon from Hisui at all, since these are long gone (confirmed in the special about Arceus). Why expect the impossible?
Every series has had at least one time travel episode and the games are going to have at least some of them appear in SV so the anime can just do that.

DayQuil95

but there's probably like a bucket list of things Ash has to do before he can exit in the series. Becoming the number 1 trainer in the world via the PWC is really only one of those things.
Exactly. While becoming the strongest known trainer in the world is a huge achievement for Ash, he still could do quite a lot of things after this series without resetting him necessarily. Fighting Team Rainbow Rocket and Ho-Oh for example.

DuskAstral

Exactly. While becoming the strongest known trainer in the world is a huge achievement for Ash, he still could do quite a lot of things after this series without resetting him necessarily. Fighting Team Rainbow Rocket and Ho-Oh for example.
When it comes to fighting Rainbow Rocket, I don't see a chance for that in the main series (unless the anime creators follow the game's lead and summon them from alternate realities).

Ibrahim Saidu

Gen 9: i skip, even we have not full list of pokedex yet, lol...
Galar: Rilaboom, Centiskorch, Dragapult, Hatterene
Kanto: Butterfree - i played recently and i must said trully, this mon is one of most hell strongest bug pokemon in gen 8.
Johto: Tyranitar/Umbreon
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Empoleon - not hisui, i'm not interested any mythical region.
Unova: Meloetta
Kalos: Aegislash
Alola: Zeraora
Kanto: Arcanine
Johto: Tyranitar
Hoenn: Sableye/Salamance
Sinnoh: Empoleon
Unova: Bisharp/Mienshao
Kalos: Gogoat
Alola: Mudsdale
Galar: Toxtricity, Coalossal, Grimmsnarl and Galarian Darmanitan
Hisui: Zoroark

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I only have one request...nay...requirement if Cilan comes back. He needs to have caught or catch a Dartrix. It is literally made for him. Pansage who?

DayQuil95

When it comes to fighting Rainbow Rocket, I don't see a chance for that in the main series (unless the anime creators follow the game's lead and summon them from alternate realities).
With alternate realities being established in the SM series, I'd not be surprised. Doesn't necessarily need to be Rainbow Rocket, in this case, it's just that it would be the most fitting for a trainer as skilled and powerful as Ash to have a proper conclusion unless they decide to immensely buff base Team Rocket.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I only have one request...nay...requirement if Cilan comes back. He needs to have caught or catch a Dartrix. It is literally made for him. Pansage who?
I don't like whole Cilan's team. He would more suit with Maractus, Joltik and Cottonee and if he would have some from Johto - that would be Heracross and Smeargle, these mons really more suit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.