• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
When was it confirm Alain would be in the master class

Durrendal

Guys, I have forgotten but has May made an apperance yet in Journeys? If so, what episode?

Rikerran

Yes, let's act like we know all about the region from a game that hasn't released and that it's SV's job to fix Journeys' mistakes.
The same boring routine we sat through for 20+ years when both BW and XY proved there's no place to take that formula anymore? XY was a good enough sendoff to the old formula and even then it had flaws.

wellwellwells

Guys, I have forgotten but has May made an apperance yet in Journeys? If so, what episode?
May had a cameo in the Serena return episode, though it wa wonky mentioned and seen statically when Wallace remembered the Wallace Cup. It was also implied that the costume Chloe used for the performance was hers.
Other than that, she won’t appear in a prominent way as her seiyuu retired due to health issues.

Durrendal

May had a cameo in the Serena return episode, though it wa wonky mentioned and seen statically when Wallace remembered the Wallace Cup. It was also implied that the costume Chloe used for the performance was hers.
Other than that, she won’t appear in a prominent way as her seiyuu retired due to health issues.

A 3 second flashback. She's basically the least relevant female companion of the series now.
I really liked May back when I was a kid. Wish she'd return for a few episodes. Kinda miss that gal in the series. But yeah, I know the anime industry wants to respect the seiyuu and that's admirable, but multigeneration series should look at recasting their seiyuus.

Rikerran

I really liked May back when I was a kid. Wish she'd return for a few episodes. Kinda miss that gal in the series. But yeah, I know the anime industry wants to respect the seiyuu and that's admirable, but multigeneration series should look at recasting their seiyuus.
After both Dawn and Serena mentored Koharu, there's just no room for her. Iris can be used in the PWC, Misty for Kanto nostalgia, and the Alola girls just whenever Alola is visited. Problem with May is she has nothing to offer storywise so they have no reason to have her appear.

desdar300

We still have Galar Gym leaders to debut and they can have the rest of the Galar pokemon debut next gen. Also, what's the big deal? Most of next game looks to be open world wild areas, you can't really make too many episodes about that.
It takes a total of 24 hours to beat a Pokemon game and they extend that into a three-year series.
You can make a story about anything if you have enough imagination.

On top of that we don't know anything about scarlett or violet to say otherwise

Rikerran

It takes a total of 24 hours to beat a Pokemon game and they extend that into a three-year series.

Difference is if most of the game is designed similar to Legends Arceus it's hard to write Ash into something like that, even if the next game has Gyms. Most of it is based around catching pokemon in the wild which would suit Go however.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

I’ve said this before but the anime’s biggest strength has always been taking what the games provide and building on to it in a world unrestricted by the limitations of game mechanics.

desdar300

Difference is if most of the game is designed similar to Legends Arceus it's hard to write Ash into something like that, even if the next game has Gyms. Most of it is based around catching pokemon in the wild which would suit Go however.
This is a series that has built the foundation around the franchise that has lacked any semblance of character or narrative for almost 25 years.

Everything that we know about characters like Brock and Misty are OLM ideas.

Same as the Pokémon saying their names.

They can easily adapt whatever material gamefreak and Nintendo cooks up.

In regards to the galar gym leaders, I say why bother?

They made it clear that this series was focus more on fan service and celebrating the anime as a whole so why regurgitate them for G9?

Bea, , Raihan, and Leon were chosen for PWC purposes and the others are don't matter

Rikerran

They been writing him into a series based around a video game franchise that historically has never had strong narratives, yet somehow have been doing it for almost 25 years now.

I also have to ask who cares about the other Generation 8 gym leaders by now?

They drew their Line in the Sand by choosing a handful of characters from swsh and based a few of the PWC around them.
They prioritize the 25th anniversary
This is a series that has built the foundation around the franchise that has lacked any semblance of character or narrative for almost 25 years.

Everything that we know about characters like Brock and Misty are OLM ideas.

Same as the Pokémon saying their names.

They can easily adapt whatever material gamefreak and Nintendo cooks up.

In regards to the galar gym leaders, I say why bother?

They made it clear that this series was focus more on fan service and celebrating the anime as a whole so why regurgitate them for G9?

Bea, , Raihan, and Leon were chosen for PWC purposes and the others are don't matter
The other Galar gym leaders like Nessa are very popular. If we don't see them in random fillers by the time this arc ends, it makes me believe the world tour format will continue. They would have thrown them all in by now like Piers even if Ash didn't battle them

desdar300

The other Galar gym leaders like Nessa are very popular. If we don't see them in random fillers by the time this arc ends, it makes me believe the world tour format will continue. They would have thrown them all in by now like Piers even if Ash didn't battle them
Well unfortunately as the Almighty Zard stated, this wasn't a series based around swsh and Leon and Raihan outrank the rest.

World Turtle

I say I would prefer a mix regional team that is composed of Pokémon captures from any generation along with bringing back some reserves. Also instead of having just a team of 6 have him actually do rotation that way we can get captures and reserves from more regions.

I am tired of the 6 Pokémon limit when there are just so many fun and interesting options for Ash to get. Especially now when they opened the door to all the regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.