• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Why are you even mad @UnovaMaster this series is going off with a bang. You should be happy.

And by the way I only use my "November" card once a month so wait till next month so I will sing it again for you.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Also it's funny both Alain and Leon have Charizards
This can mean three things:

1-Alain loses to Leon even with Mega, making Leonzard look extremely OP
2-Ash faces both Alain and Leon but uses reserves in one of them or even Greninja
3-Ash faces both Alainzard and Leonzard normally

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So they finally called Lance the Kanto/Johto Champion. Have no idea why it took so long to declare him that but hey.
At the beginning he supposedly lost the title at some point. Seems like he regained it as time went on.

MartínK

I don't want Iris to have Garchomp, i hope that she has more mons like Haxorus, Hydregion, Dragonite, Goodra, Excadrill and other one besides Gible and Emolga.

Now to discuss the other members teams (Leon, Lance, Steven and Diantha) and Cynthia final mon.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I don't want Iris to have Garchomp, i hope that she has more mons like Haxorus, Hydregion, Dragonite, Goodra, Excadrill and other one besides Gible and Emolga.

Now to discuss the other members teams (Leon, Lance, Steven and Diantha) and Cynthia final mon.
omg totally agree...more dragonite/charizard / we just saw goodra from today...won't be so exciting lol
hoping everyone uses a new pokemon but the new pokemon being native to their home region
unless everyone has a gen 9 pokemon haha(that would be interesting^^)

ImBeVillain

No more six members

Fun fact.
Steven is only one member who have not dragon type pokemon in Master Class.
Alain would also haven't too, if he didn't have a key stone and mega stone.

Trainer Micah

Nice Poster and wow cool and True ^:

I can’t see him not catching new/rookie Pokémon regardless of what happens with him.

Can i say regards to that if Ash makes it all the way to Leon and loses it'll be a shock to us all. Plus Ash'll possibly go into anew region with Pikachu after he loses as for his team/reserves as such i believe those'll go to Creise's lab. And you know i also believe Ash'll hear about the newer region after his battle with Leon i think.

But so you know return ideals for Ash..:

• Pikachu - Will keep for this new region and adventure upcoming Gen. 9..

• Infernape -
  • Charizard - See Krookadile v v
  • Krookadile - Will be from Oak's in Ash's reserves something tells me they'll be in strong battles soon.

• Lycanroc - I believe Ash's Alola team'll get transferred to Cerise's lab by Ash once he visits them. This way Ash can also use different pokemon against them everyone in top 8.
  • Greninja - I believe it was sensing Ash's battle today when he used Lucario. Something tells me he'll be coming back in a battle soon but against who idk i'll let you know.
As for Generation 9 idk for Ash's team so far we do know Ash's going with:

Pikachu
The rest of Ash's team beyond Leon remains a mystery alright?
But hey that can be speculated once time comes oof what'll Ash's next team be right?..
Regardless new region new pokemon new captures if it happens...

ImBeVillain

No more six members
My prediction tournament:

Alain vs Leon - Mega Charizard X vs Gigantamax Charizard showdown.
Ash vs Lance - Battle for determine who is best in Kanto.
Iris vs Cynthia - Battle for shown how Iris is grown up as a Champion, but lost to her.
Diantha vs Steven - Battle with great friendship.

Semifinal

Ash vs Cynthia - Battle for shown how Ash is grown up as a best trainer, but win against her.
Leon vs Steven - Leon will show how Charizard will sweeping with just only Flamethrower on his whole team :>

Final

Ash vs Leon.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I posted my thoughts on a proposed M8 bracket in today's episode review thread. I'm going to quote that below.

The M8 leaks turned out to be accurate, which is nice. I think the tournament will use random seeding, and we'll see the following bracket.
Quarterfinals:
Ash vs. Cynthia - Ash Wins
Alain vs. Steven - Alain Wins
Iris vs. Lance - Iris Wins
Leon vs. Diantha - Leon Wins

Semi-finals:
Ash. vs. Alain - Ash Wins
Iris vs. Leon - Leon Wins

Finals:
Ash vs. Leon - Team Rainbow Rocket Attacks Ash Wins

I think this seeding makes sense based on the open plot threads from previous series and what we've seen in the preview trailer. We see Ash training with someone who has a Garchomp (probably Paul). It would make sense for Ash to train with Paul to prepare for Cynthia if she was his first battle. It can also serve as development for Dragonite.

Alain and Steven never finished their battle in the Mega Evolution Specials, so this could serve as that chance to finish it. I think Alain would win here, setting up a rematch with Ash.

Iris vs. Lance is a battle of Dragon Master vs. Prospective Dragon Master. I think Iris would succeed here, achieving her goal and becoming a Dragon Master before falling to Leon.

Finally, I think Iris and Ash scoring victories serves as a "passing the torch" moment, which is a theme of SwSh.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Suggestion: Ash will lose to Leon in the next M8 tournament, but will beat him in the next series once he’s worked his way up to the number 2 spot. During this the Gen 9 champ will replace Alain and act as Ash’s new rival.
Suggestion: Gen 9 champ will be Casey then.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I hope Ash plays with those 3 pokemons in any game.

Charizard
Sceptile
Greninja

This is dream team.
I’m kinda hoping Ash-Greninja was “erased” from the flashback latest week because they’re planning to redesign the form for the master 8, but, who knows.

I hope Ash bring some of his old Pokémon now the sheet got serious, but, it’s a wishful thinking. Maybe, the battle against Paul in the future it’s about to make Ash notice that he’ll need bring the big guns if he want to have a chance to reach Leon.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Diantha vs Steven - Battle with great friendship.
This would probably be the battle I'd really be looking forward to the most, just because I'd want to see them both use their fossil pokemon in a battle. Of course they'll all use their mains, but if they're all 3v3, then it'd be cool for two fossils each and then the mains.

BlazingAsh

I posted my thoughts on a proposed M8 bracket in today's episode review thread. I'm going to quote that below.
I think Ash will battle Alain before Cynthia. She's as strong as Leon (stronger in the games).

Prediction: The last pokemon Ash will be using against each of the masters 8:

Mega Lucario vs Mega Charizard X
Gmax Gengar vs Garchomp
Pikachu's Z move against Gmax Charizard.
Ash loses and requests for a battle after the tournament. He wins and becomes the world monarch.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Mega Lucario vs Mega Charizard X
Gmax Gengar vs Garchomp
Pikachu's Z move against Gmax Charizard.

i suppose if Ash doesn't use reserves that could be a thing.

I would think Cynthia might use Mega Chomp though, who knows i could be wrong.

i'm honestly hoping he does use his Z-move against Leon and wins with it, that would get Alola more notoriety.

Status
Not open for further replies.