• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back alain and not having gekkouga battlw him again would be one of the biggest fails in anime history
Agreed.
Too bad no one will remember it anyways because it’s going to be overshadowed by Ash vs Leon

Decidueye23

Is it weird actually thinking Alain deserves to be there based on him having the best track record outside of Champions in terms of strength? And not really focusing on him being there as a jobber for Ash kinda?
No doubt alain deserves to be there. But the fact that they specifically brought him back, while also bribging back greninja and showibg flashbacks to their battle, and knowing the upset that the kalos league battle caused, it would be weirdly foolish to not expect closure for that battle. Since he is literally the only rival ash hasnt defeated.

Sham

The Guardian of War
No doubt alain deserves to be there. But the fact that they specifically brought him back, while also bribging back greninja and showibg flashbacks to their battle, and knowing the upset that the kalos league battle caused, it would be weirdly foolish to not expect closure for that battle. Since he is literally the only rival ash hasnt defeated.
Gotcha

Master Pikachu 11

Logically speaking it would be better if Ash used Pikachu because he has a type advantage against Charizard and Lucario is weak towards his type. However this is Ash we’re talking about
As I said he is using Lucario because mega evolving it gives him a better chance of getting Leon’s Charizard to go back to it’s normal size after it G Maxes and one of the reasons that Ash lost was that he can’t beat Leon in a G Max vs G Max battle because Pikachu depends on its speed so trying to get Leon’s Charizard to go back to normal and waste his G Max form will allow Pikachu to have more of a chance. Also Lucario’s Aura sphere is a good counter to stopping Charizard’s G Max move since that move has been one of the reasons Leon has won the battles that we have seen him win.

Sham

The Guardian of War
As I said he is using Lucario because mega evolving it gives him a better chance of getting Leon’s Charizard to go back to it’s normal size after it G Maxes and one of the reasons that Ash lost was that he can’t beat Leon in a G Max vs G Max battle because Pikachu depends on its speed so trying to get Leon’s Charizard to go back to normal and waste his G Max form will allow Pikachu to have more of a chance
I literally didn’t say who he would use and how, I was pointing out type advantages. Idk about the rest of you but I won’t know anything about this battle as a certain until it airs

BlueDragonfangirl

Frustrating parts in all of this

- I’d love it if Ash could bring Charizard into this since we’ve got a bunch in this party, why not bring back the original to play? :(

- Why can’t Ash talk about Mew from movie 8?

- I hope we get an official promo for masters 8 after project Mew is done.

AARTX

Dead inside…

- I’d love it if Ash could bring Charizard into this since we’ve got a bunch in this party, why not bring back the original to play? :(

- I hope we get an official promo for masters 8 after project Mew is done.
Because this is PM2019

World Turtle

1) I agree, but that might be too many Charizard. Tbh, if that is the case I hope in the next series Alain gets kicked out of the M8 by the Gen 9 Champ and maybe Leon after losing to Ash leaves to go train or do some self-discovery for awhile opening up room for Ash’s Charizard to return. Like one or both leave.

2) I think it’s to protect that Mew and by extension the Tree of Beginnings considering what happen last time people went messing around in there. You know with all the humans getting eaten by the tree, Mew and the tree nearly dying, and Lucario actually dying (possibly causing Ash survivor’s guilt). Too risky.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I would actually like to disagree. At least Goh is kind enough to feed them and house them instead of selling them to some rich guy to hang up in his museum.
Yeah, even Hunter J stolen pokemon from TRAINERS, never didn't caught wild pokemon - i think her Salamence was bought with much money after stealing and sellings.

BobbbidyBob

Is Delia aware his son is in the M8? Does she even attend any match to see Ash?

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I'm really feeling like we won't have Ash vs Alain
The only other possible use for him would be lose to Leon though, to make Leonzard look unbeatable and then lose when Ash uses the same aura sphere trick again

BlueDragonfangirl

Is Delia aware his son is in the M8? Does she even attend any match to see Ash?
I think the only time she attended an event of Ash’s was the Johto league.

It’d be nice if she saw this since it’s kind of an important thing here in Ash’s life.
1) I agree, but that might be too many Charizard. Tbh, if that is the case I hope in the next series Alain gets kicked out of the M8 by the Gen 9 Champ and maybe Leon after losing to Ash leaves to go train or do some self-discovery for awhile opening up room for Ash’s Charizard to return. Like one or both leave.

2) I think it’s to protect that Mew and by extension the Tree of Beginnings considering what happen last time people went messing around in there. You know with all the humans getting eaten by the tree, Mew and the tree nearly dying, and Lucario actually dying (possibly causing Ash survivor’s guilt). Too risky.
He should tell Goh at least, Mew wouldn’t want to get caught.

He’d be as bad as Team Rocket’s boss who tried to capture him in that one special, or uh Mewtwo actually.

i don’t think Goh would try to disturb the tree if he found about it’s History.

Status
Not open for further replies.