• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
And they’re avoiding to show tauros #24, just because it’s a shiny one.

...I wonder if Bulbasaur could change his mind about evolving or go "okay now i'm ready evolve".
I’m thinking that was supposed to happen during Orange Islands/Johto. It’s a shame.

kickachu

Momentai!
Since Bulbasaur didn't evolve back in the original series does anybody think It'll change its mind now

tsunamimijumaru

I honestly prefer Bulbasaur as it is, feel like it's pretty iconic at this point to evolve and has a good dynamic with Squirtle. Although it's very interesting that it was meant to evolve.

That poster looks badass, but I’m not a fan of Ash evolving his other Kanto starters, plus Totodile and Oshawott.
Also that’s obviously Tauros #19

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
If Ash's Bulbasaur was meant to evolve, I wonder if the Kanto league was considered differently too. I mean he could just use it against Ritche and the whole sleeping-Charizard DQ wouldn't happen.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I don't understand if ash's Bulbasaur was meant to evolve why the writers change their minds and waited for the poster to be reveal until now. You think they will let Bulbasaur evolve this time since journey's has been unpredictable
Probably to keep Ash in the underdog zone by that time. The poster is from the Kanto arc, looking now, so that’s probably what would be Ash’s final team by the Indigo League. It’s a shame, yeah, and that team is almost the same as the Orange League’s last battle.

I think it’s too late and a waste evolve bulbasaur now, specially because Ash have a lot of other grass types, with three fully evolved ones.

If Ash's Bulbasaur was meant to evolve, I wonder if the Kanto league was considered differently too. I mean he could just use it against Ritche and the whole sleeping-Charizard DQ wouldn't happen.
The show was supposed to end with Ash’s winning the Kanto league. When that wasn’t happening, I think they had to modify their endgame. Richie was pretty much a last time addition. The funny thing is, if Ash actually had tauros, muk or kingler, he’d probably win.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
So, Rose is basically rigging the competition. It’s kinda hard to believe they basically vanished with him and Oleana to never have them appearing again.

nickdt

It's a real shame that Tauros didn't stay on as a permanent member of Ash's team; it's a really cool Pokémon, and it was the definition of 'power' back in Gen 1.

Yeah, but imagine a Charizard, Venusaur and Tauros alongside eachother in the same team in gen 1. Especially Venusaur and Tauros would be nearly instoppable against weaker opponents.

I also wonder if Venusaur and Tauros not happening/permanently being a team member, also affected the rest of the captures/evolutions that happened in Kanto.

MegaSalamence05

It’s funny, because bulbasaur was supposed to have evolved all the way into venusaur according to the Banpresto poster back in 1999, but the Pokemon Company chickened out.

People don't realize that the Pokemon Anime was only supposed to run from Kanto and end with Johto. That's how it was teed up but the people who made the show at the time didn't realize how popular it became which nixed alot of different scenarios. As they didn't originally plan on making Pokemon Heroes the 5th Movie. That's why this poster exists.

For example Celebi was in the GS Ball which was supposed to culminate in the 4th Movie, Bulbasaur was supposed to evolve into Ivysaur during the Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden episode and then into Venusaur in the Battle for the 8th Badge against Team Rocket. Than Tauros would be the 6th member leading into the Pokemon League.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I think Lance is only battling Ash and he is out. I think the M8 will go like this:

Quarterfinals:
Ash vs Lance - Ash wins
Diantha vs Cynthia - Cynthia Wins
Steven vs Alain - Alain Wins
Iris vs Leon - Leon wins

Semifinals:
Ash vs Cynthia - Ash wins
Leon vs Alain - Leon wins

Finals:
Ash vs Leon

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It’s funny, because bulbasaur was supposed to have evolved all the way into venusaur according to the Banpresto poster back in 1999, but the Pokemon Company chickened out.

They simply realized midproduction of the Kanto-arc that the Kanto-arc wasn't going to be the start and finish of the series they had planned because of the amazing popularity.

Hence, I don't think it had anything to do with 'chickening out', but simply them realizing they can't work Ash into a league-winning protagonist when they realized the series would be extended.

I’m thinking that was supposed to happen during Orange Islands/Johto. It’s a shame.

Nah, Pidgeotto's there so definitely the Kanto-arc.

It's a real shame that Tauros didn't stay on as a permanent member of Ash's team; it's a really cool Pokémon, and it was the definition of 'power' back in Gen 1.

It's always a treat when Tauros battled. But yeah, would've been cool to see it on the team or in battles again - but I assume it will never happen again.

I have a bit of a headcanon that is somewhat sinister in a capitalistic/corporate way.

The reason Iris and any other top/known/famous trainers got more scheduled matches earlier (and hence got to M8 quicker) is because they used those appearances in the PWC as brand images to bring in more click/ad/view revenue from the televized/streaming services, ticket sales, merchandise etc.

This actually happens a lot IRL when it comes to professional sports. Just look at franchise related sports when it comes to big star players from any sport.

How? NBA, NFL and European soccer have all teams play equal amounts of games during their regular series? I'm kinda confused as to which professional sports you're alluding to.

What obviously does happen is if you have match x, y and z - and match Y features a player like LeBron and you can only AIR one.. than obviously that will be a consideration to take into account.

What's far more likely is that Ash was pre-occupied with research-stuff while Iris and others kept battling none stop.

People don't realize that the Pokemon Anime was only supposed to run from Kanto and end with Johto. That's how it was teed up but the people who made the show at the time didn't realize how popular it became which nixed alot of different scenarios. As they didn't originally plan on making Pokemon Heroes the 5th Movie. That's why this poster exists.

For example Celebi was in the GS Ball which was supposed to culminate in the 4th Movie, Bulbasaur was supposed to evolve into Ivysaur during the Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden episode and then into Venusaur in the Battle for the 8th Badge against Team Rocket. Than Tauros would be the 6th member leading into the Pokemon League.

Iirc it was supposed to end with the Kanto-league. As far as I know Gen2 wasn't planned despite the early Ho-oh appearance. The most logical timeline is that they planned a Pokemon series based on the Red and Green versions of the games. Then the hype happened, they reworked Bulbasaur's evolution episode, reworked the last scene of Attack of the Prehistoric Pokemon to include Togepi's egg and to keep Ash as an underdog chose to keep Tauros off the team and then started working on planning Orange Islands..

Honestly kinda believe that Diantha is Leon’s jobber

She does seem like the least likely opponent for Ash to face (along with Steven).

Status
Not open for further replies.