• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
No way Goh or Chloe are getting bigger arcs than the biggest tournament of freaking Champions!!
But then again, given that Ash is probably only gonna be facing like 3 people in this Tournament it probably shouldn't take that long to wrap this up regardless

Whereas the Project Mew and Chloe's goal are still kinda vague about where they're going...

wellwellwells

We don’t know the method of the tournament. They can do straight up brackets, two groups of 4 (and best two of each compete in the semis), etc, and depending on the method they could even put some stuff in between, ie. Top 8 round. Break. Top 4. Break. Finale.

nickdt

We don’t know the method of the tournament. They can do straight up brackets, two groups of 4 (and best two of each compete in the semis), etc, and depending on the method they could even put some stuff in between, ie. Top 8 round. Break. Top 4. Break. Finale.

Then the brackets probably are

A Group
Leon
Cynthia
Diantha
Steven

B Group
Ash
Alain
Iris
Lance

Ash and Leon become the winners of their respective groups, while Cynthia and Iris become the second. The numbers one of each group, battle against the numbers two of the other group in the semi's (So Ash vs Cynthia and Leon vs Iris).

DuskAstral

I doubt we only had the M8 thread for the rest of the series. I think there will be some loose sections between the fights, not related to PWC.

Although I assume one more possibility. Since the M8 storyline starts so quickly, it is possible that the developers want to press "Galarian Star Tournament" (even if there is a minimal chance of it).

nickdt

I doubt we only had the M8 thread for the rest of the series. I think there will be some loose sections between the fights, not related to PWC.

Although I assume one more possibility. Since the M8 storyline starts so quickly, it is possible that the developers want to press "Galarian Star Tournament" (even if there is a minimal chance of it).

tbh, whats the point in having the Galarian Star Tournament when you have the PWC. The only reason why, is so they can showcase the other Galar Gym leaders.

Megapixel

i guess if in paul's episode or the one after that there's no indication of reserves...we probably know he won't use them at all in the tournament.

MartínK

I don't see PM been more than 5 episodes so they should end Journeys with the M8 but i remember that Goh is the writers pet but still i dissapointed.

Master Pikachu 11

So it seems people were right. Paul is there to train Ash before the Master Class starts. Which means that either this is broken up or for the first time Ash’s goal is wrapped up before the other main character.
I think that it will be broken up, I find it hard to believe that the writers are going to do multiple battles every single week until the tournament ends since again Ash vs Leon is suppose to be Ash’s final end game for this series so since it is also Sword and Shield’s final main story plot not counting the post game story line. They will probably save it till October for the final battle to take place.

BlazingAsh

There is literally no reason for that to happen. If Ash is going to beat Leon it’s going to be in the Masters 8 tournament and if he loses then won’t happen until next generation during the next PWC season.

There is literally nothing to support the argument that Ash is going to lose to Leon just so that they can rush a rematch at the end of this generation.
I don't think Leon is going to be part of the next series.

I'll give you the reason for that to happen - why else would they make the format in such a way that a masters 8 member can request the monarch for a rematch and challenge the title of the world monarch. If they weren't planning on having that, they wouldn't have written this into the format.

And why would the rematch be rushed? Since Ash would have probably beaten every member of Leon's team except Charizard, it's enough for him to beat Charizard in the rematch. That's probably why all the masters 8 battles we saw Leon in before the tournament were all 1vs1.

Ash has lost gym battles and had rematches with the same gym leader so it wouldn't be any different.

BlazingAsh

First off in regards to why the Masters 8 was formatted so that members of the Masters 8 could challenge Leon, that was simply to allow them to show off Leon battling in exhibition matches, just to show off him and hype him up further.

As for why the rematch would be rush it is literally confirmed that the Masters 8 Tournament happens at the very end of the PWC season meaning that in order for what your saying to happen they would then have to have new PWC season start up in just a few episodes after the Masters 8 tournament when we’re getting close to gen 9.

And no, it’s different because the Master 8 tournament is not the equivalent to the gym battles, it’s the equivalent to the league.

What your suggesting would be like saying that back during the end of Sun & Moon that Ash was going to lose to Kukui in the expedition match and then having a rematch a few episodes later or Ash losing to Gladion in the finals of the Alola league and then having a rematch a few episodes later.
There would be enough time between because of the project Mew episodes. If Ash loses, he's anyway going to request Leon for a rematch at some point. And they'll do that before wrapping this series up so they don't have to bring back Leon in the next series.

BlazingAsh

First off in regards to why the Masters 8 was formatted so that members of the Masters 8 could challenge Leon, that was simply to allow them to show off Leon battling in exhibition matches, just to show off him and hype him up further.

As for why the rematch would be rush it is literally confirmed that the Masters 8 Tournament happens at the very end of the PWC season meaning that in order for what your saying to happen they would then have to have new PWC season start up in just a few episodes after the Masters 8 tournament when we’re getting close to gen 9.

And no, it’s different because the Master 8 tournament is not the equivalent to the gym battles, it’s the equivalent to the league.

What your suggesting would be like saying that back during the end of Sun & Moon that Ash was going to lose to Kukui in the expedition match and then having a rematch a few episodes later or Ash losing to Gladion in the finals of the Alola league and then having a rematch a few episodes later.
This is not like any other league where he loses and he's done. He's still part of the masters 8 which means he has to request Leon for a rematch at some point if he loses. Since that battle would be outside the tournament, it would probably just be a 1 vs 1 just like Leon's other battles so far.

kickachu

Momentai!
He won’t be able to request a official PWC battle because the PWC season will be officially over and he will have to wait until the next PWC season starts. And yes it would be rushed to try to start another PWC right now.

When you suggest that Ash will lose to Leon in the Masters 8 tournament and then have a rematch after the tournament then that is basically the same thing as suggesting that Ash was going to lose to Gladion/Kukui in the final/exhibition match of the Alola League and then have a rematch with Gladion/Kukui after the Alola league/exhibition match is over.

And yes the Masters 8 Tournament is the equivalent to the Pokémon leagues battles that we see at the end of the series.
Question what you think Leona final pokemon will be and think any of the masters have a gen 9 pokemon

I don’t know where to put this but there’s someone who spams threads about universities in the main PAD forum

Status
Not open for further replies.