• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I don't want to steal your illusion, but Leon is stronger than Cynthia, and Ash will definitely beat Cynthia.
Would he be stronger without G-Max though? Cynthia has always been shown as basically unstoppable, even against the E4 and that’s just with a standard team. Leon has been shown to be powerful, but relies heavily on G-Max.. and there’s the fact that they haven’t been shown going head to head in order for us to confirm who is the strongest.. Yes he’s number 1 in the Masters 8, BUT how do we know who Cynthia faced to get to number 2? Answer? We don’t.. and there’s a huge chance they never battled..

Until we see Ash beat Cynthia and lose to Leon, there’s no telling 100% either way..

Megapixel

Would he be stronger without G-Max though? Cynthia has always been shown as basically unstoppable, even against the E4 and that’s just with a standard team. Leon has been shown to be powerful, but relies heavily on G-Max.. and there’s the fact that they haven’t been shown going head to head in order for us to confirm who is the strongest.. Yes he’s number 1 in the Masters 8, BUT how do we know who Cynthia faced to get to number 2? Answer? We don’t.. and there’s a huge chance they never battled..

Until we see Ash beat Cynthia and lose to Leon, there’s no telling 100% either way..
The fact that cynthia did not even reach the finals in the previous edition of the championship (in which lance and Leon fought), already tells us that she probably lost against lance or someone else, because I highly doubt that cynthia has barely entered the championship now.

Johtoo

I don't want to steal your illusion, but Leon is stronger than Cynthia, and Ash will definitely beat Cynthia.
I definitely agree that Leon is stronger than Cynthia but this is not how battles in Pokemon work ...
I don't believe for one bit that Harrison was better than Gary in the Johto conference and Ash still lost to him while he beat Gary
Similarly I don't think Cameron was better than Trip either.

I actually hope that Ash wins it all but IF they're going to make him lose then I think it won't be against Leon who he 100% has to beat for the entire season to make sense so yea Cynthia in the final could make sense (only if Ash is going to lose, otherwise forget about all that and it's going to be an Ash/Leon final)

nickdt

Here is my very hot take

Ash beats Leon in SEMIFINALS
But ends up losing to Cynthia in the final

Yeah... not happening, since that makes the whole: Leon is the strongest trainer in world plotline and as such the whole PWC entry for Ash pointless (Ash only wanted to enter because he wanted to battle Leon, he never said defeat Leon).

But in order for them to uphold the Leon is the strongest trainer in the world storyline, he NEEDS to be in the final for the entire season to make sense (Using your own argument against you here, cuz your argument he has to beat Leon makes no sense, else Ash doing badgequest in other regions makes no sense either, cuz he didn't win the league and didn't become the champion). There is no other way.

Cynthia is either gonna be the third or second strongest in the world after the PWC is over. It depends if she battles Ash and gets defeated by him in the semi's (For all we know they throw the twist in that Leon defeats her in the Semi's, while Ash defeats Lance).

Even so... narratively it makes absolutely zero sense for Cynthia to be stronger than Leon all of a sudden and be in the final instead of him.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

The thing that I'm wondering is if the battle between Ash and Leon would be interrupted by Rose, Swordward and Shielburt.

Like it's convenient that looming plot thread hasn't been resolved yet. It even solves Ash's looming status for Gen 9. It's a cop out granted but it makes things progress further down the line. Ash doesn't have to be the strongest trainer. The battle is unfinished so he's equal to Leon as a 1/2 of the strongest trainers in the world.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I have a feeling they r gonna make Diantha a punching bag here :/

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The thing that I'm wondering is if the battle between Ash and Leon would be interrupted by Rose, Swordward and Shielburt.

Like it's convenient that looming plot thread hasn't been resolved yet. It even solves Ash's looming status for Gen 9. It's a cop out granted but it makes things progress further down the line. Ash doesn't have to be the strongest trainer. The battle is unfinished so he's equal to Leon as a 1/2 of the strongest trainers in the world.
Well, in Alola, they somewhat putted “AAAAAAA” to mess in the league right after Ash’s win. I think it depends on how much episodes the master 8 will have.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Ash Ketchum, known as Satoshi in Japan, is a fictional character in the Pokémon franchise owned by Nintendo. He is the protagonist of the Pokémon anime and certain manga series as well as on various merchandise related to the franchise. In Japanese, the character is voiced by Rika Matsumoto, and Hana Takeda

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody think there'll be a major villain battle like rise returning interrupting the battle between Leon and ash

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I have a feeling they r gonna make Diantha a punching bag here :/
It’s kinda strange, but obvious. There’s some sort of rivalry between Alain and Steven since XY and Ash is most probably having his revenge match for the Kalos league.

Íris have her admiration for Cynthia. Lance is the KANTO/Johto champion and the very first champion from the games to appear in the anime. And there’s Leon.

Sadly, Diantha is the only one with zero chances to stay longer in the tournament.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
It’s kinda strange, but obvious. There’s some sort of rivalry between Alain and Steven since XY and Ash is most probably having his revenge match for the Kalos league.

Íris have her admiration for Cynthia. Lance is the KANTO/Johto champion and the very first champion from the games to appear in the anime. And there’s Leon.

Sadly, Diantha is the only one with zero chances to stay longer in the tournament.
She deserves more than that. She is wonderful

Trainer Micah

Here is my very hot take

Ash beats Leon in SEMIFINALS
But ends up losing to Cynthia in the final

Or the opposite into what i am thinking say:
Ash beats Cynthia or whoever in the Semifinal's but then loses to
Leon i could see that happen in the final's in ideal...

But eh? I'll wait and see what happens in the Master 8.

kickachu

Momentai!
So this summer what new pokemon in gen 9 will be revealed and think some might debut in the anime and what branch evolution will we get

Johtoo

Here are two brackets

1st is what I think is more likely to happen

2nd is what I would actually want to see although it's unrealistic

In bold is the winner

Bracket 1
Quarterfinals
Ash vs Alain
Iris vs Lance
Leon vs Steven
Cynthia vs Diantha

Semifinals