• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The amount of copium after the Kalos League Finals combined with Leon's Charizard one-shotting Alain's is too much for the fandom.

I ask what does it matter now though?

Sure Alain knew he was collecting Mega Energy, but the whole "Excess energy power up his Charizard" conspiracy theory, we've got no proof of that being true, and if it was he couldn't have known that part.

Plus, If the writers actually tried to use this as an excuse for Alain losing to Leon to try and save face for the former(which i am doubtful of them doing but who knows), that's only going to make the kalos league outcome sting even harder for those who were fans of that region and series.

DayQuil95

I ask what does it matter now though?

Sure Alain knew he was collecting Mega Energy, but the whole "Excess energy power up his Charizard" conspiracy theory, we've got no proof of that being true, and if it was he couldn't have known that part.

Plus, If the writers actually tried to use this as an excuse for Alain losing to Leon to try and save face for the former(which i am doubtful of them doing but who knows), that's only going to make the kalos league outcome sting even harder for those who were fans of that region and series.
The theory itself just doesn't make sense at all, Alain simply was a better trainer than Ash at the time, and that's about it. I can't imagine Ash beating Ramo as easily as Alain did, or Alain getting beaten by Wulfric under any circumstance, their difference was just that big.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The theory itself just doesn't make sense at all, Alain simply was a better trainer than Ash at the time, and that's about it. I can't imagine Ash beating Ramo as easily as Alain did, or Alain getting beaten by Wulfric under any circumstance, their difference was just that big.

we know it doesn't make sense...but there are people out there who won't let it go.

heck I know the fact Pikachu was able to bring it in it's base form to it's knees is one of the reasons people suspect cheating since that shouldn't have happened in their eyes if his Charizard was so strong without mega evolution.

Last edited:

DayQuil95

we know it doesn't make sense...but there are people out there who won't let it go.

heck I know the fact Pikachu was able to bring it in it's base form to it's knees is one of the reasons people suspect cheating since that shouldn't have happened in their eyes if his Charizard was so strong without mega evolution.
They seem to forget that it still managed to go toe-to-toe with base Greninja even before Mega Evolution and that Pikachu is just really strong.

There are always theories and stuff like those in fandoms that the great majority knows doesn't make sense, but that is still followed by an insistent minority that wants to look at it from one side while ignoring the other, are they forgetting that Alain is literally in the Masters 8 in the first place? Its performance against Leon's Charizard doesn't matter when it comes to power scaling, anyone that fights Leon before Ash is going to lose, it's about looking at it from a wider angle to examine what it's all about.

I mean, another great example of stuff that doesn't make sense but is still followed by an insistent part of a fandom is the iconic "Itachi could solo Madara and Kaguya so they killed him" from Naruto.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
They seem to forget that it still managed to go toe-to-toe with base Greninja even before Mega Evolution and that Pikachu is just really strong.

There are always theories and stuff like those in fandoms that the great majority knows doesn't make sense, but that is still followed by an insistent minority that wants to look at it from one side while ignoring the other, are they forgetting that Alain is literally in the Masters 8 in the first place? Its performance against Leon's Charizard doesn't matter when it comes to power scaling, anyone that fights Leon before Ash is going to lose, it's about looking at it from a wider angle to examine what it's all about.

I mean, another great example of stuff that doesn't make sense but is still followed by an insistent part of a fandom is the iconic "Itachi could solo Madara and Kaguya so they killed him" from Naruto.

i'm not going to disagree with you, your points are valid and well said.

I'm just hoping things don't get out of hand is all, cause I know there are people out there that won't let it go that they feel Alain cheated.

DayQuil95

i'm not going to disagree with you, your points are valid and well said.

I'm just hoping things don't get out of hand is all, cause I know there are people out there that won't let it go that they feel Alain cheated.
And that's entirely fair, I prefer just to ignore the people that keep mentioning that, as they are a minority, and even then some of them still acknowledge how it is not much more than a theory.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Curious how Ash is gonna beat Steven... he going with the Z-move, his own Mega, or Gigantamax?

Also, kinda funny how they established Pikachu has Gigantamax, yet decided to backtrack to him relying on the Z-move again. Guess Gengar needed to have that niche to itself.

DayQuil95

Curious how Ash is gonna beat Steven... he going with the Z-move, his own Mega, or Gigantamax?
He's seen Gigantamaxing in one of the special previews, but even then I don't think that's going to be the big finisher of the battle, most likely just a way for Gengar to get out of a tight situation or weaken Steven's ace.

Torpoleon

Also, kinda funny how they established Pikachu has Gigantamax, yet decided to backtrack to him relying on the Z-move again. Guess Gengar needed to have that niche to itself.
I think it will be Gigantamax Gengar against Steven, with Mega Lucario being saved for Cynthia and Z-Move Pikachu saved for Leon. Would be fitting to have Gigantamax Gengar defeat Steven's Mega Metagross because Gengar beat Paul's Metagross.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think it will be Gigantamax Gengar against Steven, with Mega Lucario being saved for Cynthia and Z-Move Pikachu saved for Leon. Would be fitting to have Gigantamax Gengar defeat Steven's Mega Metagross because Gengar beat Paul's Metagross.

this might seem predictable to some, but I favor it if only because I really want Ash to use his Z-move against Leon.

What better way to really establish Alola's reputation than to use that region's gimmick in their fight.

World Turtle

So I think the reason I want Ash to go on a catching spree is because we’ll probably be hitting a 1000 Pokémon in Gen 9. That kind of milestone excites me I guess but at the same time I’m disappointed since Ash has only gotten a little over 50 out of that 1000 (not counting the herd obviously) and yet there are still just so many cool options he could get.

A part of me wants to see him get to 100 out of that 1000 even though I know how impractical that’d be.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Can I say that I am so glad that time is not being robbed from the M8 for the sake of Goh catching more Galar Pokémon.
Good thing really cause if they did that it would just be 1 vs 1 matches with the losing Pokémon going down after one hit

kickachu

Momentai!
Here are my battle predictions for the tournament
Lance vs diantha
Hydregion vs aurorus- hydregion- recalled
Dragonite vs mega Gardevoir - mega Gardevoir
Red Gyarados vs gourgeist -red Gyarados
Red Gyarados vs mega gardevoir- mega Gardevoir
Hydregion vs mega Gardevoir - mega Gardevoir
Winner diantha
Iris vs cythnia
Haxorus - milotic - haxorus
Haxorus vs mega garchomop - mega garchomop
Excadrill vs mega garchomp- mega garchomp
Gabite vs mega garchomp - mega garchomp
Ash vs Steven
Cradily vs Pikachu- cradily
Sirfetchd vs cradily - sirfetchd
Sirfetchd vs armadlo- sirfetchd
Metagross vs sirfetchd - Metagross
Mega Metagross vs gingamax gengar- gingamax gengar

Ibrahim Saidu

Here are my battle predictions for the tournament
Lance vs diantha
Hydregion vs aurorus- hydregion- recalled
Dragonite vs mega Gardevoir - mega Gardevoir
Red Gyarados vs gourgeist -red Gyarados
Red Gyarados vs mega gardevoir- mega Gardevoir
Hydregion vs mega Gardevoir - mega Gardevoir
Winner diantha
Iris vs cythnia
Haxorus - milotic - haxorus
Haxorus vs mega garchomop - mega garchomop
Excadrill vs mega garchomp- mega garchomp
Gabite vs mega garchomp - mega garchomp
Ash vs Steven
Cradily vs Pikachu- cradily
Sirfetchd vs cradily - sirfetchd
Sirfetchd vs armadlo- sirfetchd
Metagross vs sirfetchd - Metagross
Mega Metagross vs gingamax gengar- gingamax gengar
But wasn't Pikachu seen battling Steven's Metagross in the special preview

BobbbidyBob

I just watched the mega evolution special with Alain for the very first time and I really really enjoyed it, especially for Alain and Mairin. I wish they got a movie cause I enjoyed them much more than so many Pokemon movie characters!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.