• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
What move you think Pikachu will

Terastal

Honestly, I am not ready for ANOTHER gimmick. JN made me sick of them. Z-moves, Mega and Dynamax is too much. It also make me feel like Ash can only win due gimmicks
Ditto.

Red and Blue

Maybe Pikachu will gain the Flying Tera type based on the Mystery Gift one upon release.

Dzentelmen

I can't imagine how Terastal will work with anime. Like, having a chandelier on your head can get in the way of various attacks. It would definitely slow Pikachu down during Quick Attack. Or maybe they'll just ignore it like when Pikachu gigantamaxed that one time and give it to Pokemon that don't move a lot. All these mechanics are fine in a game but you can't have good action scenes in anime with that ****.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I can't imagine how Terastal will work with anime. Like, having a chandelier on your head can get in the way of various attacks. It would definitely slow Pikachu down during Quick Attack. Or maybe they'll just ignore it like when Pikachu gigantamaxed that one time and give it to Pokemon that don't move a lot. All these mechanics are fine in a game but you can't have good action scenes in anime with that ****.
Facts,it will only slow them down

Decidueye23

Depends on what type of terrastralizing is going to happen. We dont know how the electric one will look. If the electric one will be something lighter then it can run. Besides i am pretty sure, like how they revealed G-max, some pokemon are going to have a different appearance for terrastralising into a certain type.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Maybe Pikachu will gain the Flying Tera type based on the Mystery Gift one upon release.

problem is, how does Pikachu benefit from this without a fly as an attack option? since doesn't the change in typing mean that it changes what moves get the STAB boost and power up? It would be kind of dumb if Pikachu was given a different typing through this new gimmick but had no moves to go with it.

Honestly as boring as it sounds it wouldn't surprise me if Pikachu retains being an electric type, since if they were to give him a different type, he would need a move to go with it.

With Thunderbolt, Iron Tail and Quick Attack being so iconic by this point, electroweb would be the only move on the chopping block to be replaced, and I personally don't want it to go, it's more than shown how versatile it is.

Red and Blue

problem is, how does Pikachu benefit from this without a fly as an attack option? since doesn't the change in typing mean that it changes what moves get the STAB boost and power up? It would be kind of dumb if Pikachu was given a different typing through this new gimmick but had no moves to go with it.

Honestly as boring as it sounds it wouldn't surprise me if Pikachu retains being an electric type, since if they were to give him a different type, he would need a move to go with it.

With Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, and Quick Attack being so iconic by this point, electroweb would be the only move on the chopping block to be replaced, and I personally don't want it to go, it's more than shown how versatile it is.
I like Electro Web too but I think Ash could be versatile with the Fly move as well. Setting aside the Tera potential it could be useful when dodging enemy attacks since it would launch Pikachu into the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.