• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Totem Lurantis and Wishiwashi were for sure difficult; Legends Arceus has you dying against random wild Pokémon even late into the game. The games has gotten easier in some aspects but as a whole there’s still challenge and difficulty.
Oh yes forgot about LoA
Some bosses were not that easy and I had to try several times till completed it

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Actually, that title goes to Steven. You only need one Pokemon (Swampert), to destroy him.

But realistically, there isn't a weakest Champion or one that you can beat easily, cuz everything depends on team build-up.
Diantha auto-loses to Aegislash after a Swords Dance. At least Skarmory and Cradily can stop a careless Swampert in its tracks but with Aegislash you cannot lose because it walls everything not named Gourgeist and OHKOes Gourgeist with ease in return with Swords Dance before it can KO it.

DayQuil95

In Leon's defense, Battle Tower Leon is quite challenging, not BDSP Cynthia level, but still quite challenging since homeboy can literally pull a Libero Cinderace on you.

SevereRacccon6

Sinnoh and Kalos Enjoyer
In Leon's defense, Battle Tower Leon is quite challenging, not BDSP Cynthia level, but still quite challenging since homeboy can literally pull a Libero Cinderace on you.
yeahhh that thing was gonna sweep me but it was a type that didnt resist fire at the time i pyro balled it to the shadow dimension
in the same battle i caught leons charizard switching in and ohko'd it with rend so i got lucky twice, it didnt even get to gmax

DayQuil95

yeahhh that thing was gonna sweep me but it was a type that didnt resist fire at the time i pyro balled it to the shadow dimension
in the same battle i caught leons charizard switching in and ohko'd it with rend so i got lucky twice, it didnt even get to gmax
That Charizard can actually be pretty challenging if you don't deal with it properly, G-Max is a pretty powerful gimmick, and that thing has the perfect moveset for abusing it. Also damn, must feel like heaven to beat it before it gets to G-Max lmfao.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
tbh the SwSh tower's issue difficulty-wise is that you can bring anything, so you can kinda just cheese it with Zacian or other broken mons

I lost to Leon…

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Leon was challenging, if you’re not careful he can sweep. The fact he swaps a Pokémon out besides his starter depending on who you picked was cool.

SWSH surprisingly had challenging moments. Majority of the game was very easy but fights like Raihan, Leon, and even some Gym Leaders in my experience were tricky.
I didn't have a great team comp, and the best he did to my team was 1 KO...and I was intentionally sandbagging.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Most hardest battles were in Emerald actually, i lost often in that game.
Wattson, Norman, Tate & Liza, Juan, Drake, Wallace...

DayQuil95

Battle Tower was so watered down it doesn't even matter if Leon got "better" there. Even if you lost to him, your streak doesn't end and you just bring in more broken Pokémon to overcome his limited hax.
Point is, in a normal battle he definitely got better there, his Aegislash for instance has an actual moveset rather than using Shadow Ball, and his Pokemon can even come with broken HA like Libero. With all the hype surrounding him through the game you'd expect that to be his storyline self, not... Whatever they were going for.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Point is, in a normal battle he definitely got better there, his Aegislash for instance has an actual moveset rather than using Shadow Ball, and his Pokemon can even come with broken HA like Libero. With all the hype surrounding him through the game you'd expect that to be his storyline self, not... Whatever they were going for.
Leon is so strong he can use Abilities that haven’t been released yet

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I guess Ash will have a proper self-doubt arc after struggling vs Cynthia and this will make him part ways with Goh for a while, leading to his solo episode where he discovers more about friendship or other cheesy stuff. Then afterwards they will make up and then Ash will prepare for the finals
With Ash more confident in the last episode but still tense, the "weakness" music, a clear difference of how he and Leon beat their adversaries to the point of being pretty much bad writing... There is something off with him and it's kinda good to see him actually feel this, especially since the last depression arc that was too comic
I guess this could lead to some interesting drama that would make Ash's victory more satisfying, even if probably still unrealistic

Just no snowballs this time please

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I guess Ash will have a proper self-doubt arc after struggling vs Cynthia and this will make him part ways with Goh for a while, leading to his solo episode where he discovers more about friendship or other cheesy stuff. Then afterwards they will make up and then Ash will prepare for the finals
I thought this was a SatoSereFan post at first…

Status
Not open for further replies.