• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I checked and this ability can also be learned by Quaxly.
So what if this mystery Pokémon is the final evolution of the duck?
I doubt. That would make it debut before even the middle stages of the SV starters have been officially revealed and it would most likely go down to let Eternatus & Charizard shine which wouldn't be a good first impression unless it pulls a Drapion/Spiritomb. And yes I know about Blaziken during the Johto League but it was the ace of Harrison and got to be the main star of the battle.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I think giving Leon an older Water starter like Feraligatr, Samurott, or Swampert would just feel more satisfying than Seismitoad, but I realize it’s not super likely.

DuskAstral

I doubt. That would make it debut before even the middle stages of the SV starters have been officially revealed
The finals are only 3 weeks away.
The creators of the game still have time to show the evolution of SV starters.

Ignition

The finals are only 3 weeks away.
The creators of the game still have time to show the evolution of SV starters.
They're not going to showcase both the middle and final stages in the next 3 weeks. We didn't even get the Galar starters officially revealed prior to SwSh releasing.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
What if the Ash vs Leon ends in a Tie?

Give Ash an excuse to go to Paldea to "Train". Even if Leon never shows up again in the Anime

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
That would mean that there is no World Monarch, and I don't think that they would want that.

Winning the Paldea league might give him another opportunity. Something about a bunch of "League Champions" if i remember correctly.

They could spin that into a Leon Rematch.

Anything to keep him in One region instead of World Travels.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I think people are overhyping Eternatus
Base Eternatus was getting its ass handed to it by Charizard, plus there are plenty of ways Ash can beat it without it coming off as cheap, particularly with Dragonite

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
They've been way more secretive with their reveals since SwSh. Don't think they're going to change that now when his ace is one of the most popular Pokémon.
It’s hard to consider anything post-Gen 4 as being secretive at all, as when the internet became more accessible to the target audience, they began spoiling way more stuff..

It’s sad that at this point we learn most of the Pokédex before a game is officially released. I remember a time when it was left to the imagination of even gaming magazines, who would publish their suspicions on the likes of beta art or fakemons. It was fun to look at it and be like “wow that’s pretty cool, I wonder if that’s the actual Pokémon!”. Or see a Pokémon such as Ho-oh, Donphan, Blaziken, Lucario or Weavile in the anime/movies and be like “Woah that’s freaking awesome! I want to use it!”. Marketing sure has changed..

The issue is that unfortunately the mind-state of children has taken a massive step back over the years due to parental choices and the fact that both modern childrens TV and internet have massively impacted their ability to leave things to their imagination, instead teaching them to only find interest in things if they have first been spoon-fed every little bit of information about it.. it’s a shame.

Ignition

It’s hard to consider anything post-Gen 4 as being secretive at all, as when the internet became more accessible to the target audience, they began spoiling way more stuff..

It’s sad that at this point we learn most of the Pokédex before a game is officially released. I remember a time when it was left to the imagination of even gaming magazines, who would publish their suspicions on the likes of beta art or fakemons. It was fun to look at it and be like “wow that’s pretty cool, I wonder if that’s the actual Pokémon!”. Or see a Pokémon such as Ho-oh, Donphan, Blaziken, Lucario or Weavile in the anime/movies and be like “Woah that’s freaking awesome! I want to use it!”. Marketing sure has changed..

The issue is that unfortunately the mind-state of children has taken a massive step back over the years due to parental choices and the fact that both modern childrens TV and internet have massively impacted their ability to leave things to their imagination, instead teaching them to only find interest in things if they have first been spoon-fed every little bit of information about it.. it’s a shame.
I guess but my point is about official media using new generation Pokémon before their games come out not people illegally leaking their work beforehand.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I guess but my point is about official media using new generation Pokémon before their games come out not people illegally leaking their work beforehand.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one for illegal leaks, I tend to avoid them.. however even the official videos advertising the new species, the story, the evil team and the Pokémon they use, the gym leaders, the side quests and just about every aspect of the game you could think of.. it’s just too much these days, it’s a definite shame that kids have adapted to require all of that just to function in a way that makes them interested.

Ignition

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not one for illegal leaks, I tend to avoid them.. however even the official videos advertising the new species, the story, the evil team and the Pokémon they use, the gym leaders, the side quests and just about every aspect of the game you could think of.. it’s just too much these days, it’s a definite shame that kids have adapted to require all of that just to function in a way that makes them interested.
Oh I don't disagree. I don't mind leaks but modern Internet culture has definitely changed how younger generations consume media and it's only getting worse the more normalized it gets. It's especially concerning as someone who studies psychology and social media/the Internet in general.
kind of makes me wonder why they are so secretive this time
Probably because people complained ORAS & SM revealed too much so they want to leave as much unrevealed as seen with SwSh, PLA, and SV. I noticed they were a lot more strict with getting rid of SwSh leaks compared to SM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.