• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

TO THE GUILLOTINE!

Sad to say, but Alain also likely had his head chopped off on his way out of the Galar region. Not only did he sneak in an illegal pokémon, but a starter of all things, and he used an illegal gimmick.

Steven and Diantha likely earned life in prison.

Cynthia will be fine because she has a really good lawyer.

Ash will likely change the rules after he becomes the Monarch so I think that he'll be fine too.

nickdt

In regards to past companions showing up to cheer Ash on during his match with Leon; I compiled a list of those would likely not make it past Galar immigration because of their pokémon.

Tracey, because of his Venonat.
May, because of her Beautifly, and Skitty.
Dawn, because of her Piplup, Pachirisu, and Quilava.
Cilan, because of his Pansage.
Clemont, because of Chespin.
Serena, because of her Delphox.
Lana, because of her Primarina.

Dawn would probably get arrested on the spot.

Actually, Lana would be able to make it... due to Primarina being available in the DLC.

DuskAstral

Leon told him about it after there battle or something?
I do not like this solution.
I believe that he should learn about Paldea from someone who really comes from there.

I would see this scenario:
after the fight it turns out that she was being watched by Geeta. She discovers a lot of potential in Satoshi, so she offers the boy to go to Paldea to win the "Champion Rank".

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Leonhart

Imagineer
If I had to make one major change to Satoshi's [Ash's] Pocket Monsters 2019 team overall, I would've given him a Bohmander [Salamence] in place of Uonoragon [Dracovish]. I realize that Uonoragon was probably chosen due to it being a Gen VIII species and being more relevant, but I still think it's pitiful to look at and not something that I've warmed up to at all.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
If I had to make one major change to Satoshi's [Ash's] Pocket Monsters 2019 team overall, I would've given him a Bohmander [Salamence] in place of Uonoragon [Dracovish]. I realize that Uonoragon was probably chosen due to it being a Gen VIII species and being more relevant, but I still think it's pitiful to look at and not something that I've warmed up to at all.
That isn't hard since Dracovish got like THREE focus episodes it's debut and JN103/4 it had to share with Sirfetch’d. Not to mention it feels like a last minute addition to fill up the team just because.

DayQuil95

I'd personally swap Dragonite for Salamence, not only do we already have 2 Nites in the Masters 8, but imagine how hilarious would a Salamence with Dragonite's personality be.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
We changed up Leon’s team. Let’s see if anyone notices the bank animation.

/not that there’s anything wrong with bank animation. It’s a good thing.
I assume using bank animation was an easy way to save money/time on an already strained office. Having lived in Japan during the pandemic… it hit there much differently than in the US.

Also, I don’t hate that Leon has all three starters, especially if he can show off the Gigantamax of the remaining ones. The Gorilla already got his lol.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It does feel like Kommo-O is the least talked about Pseudo legendary.
I mean its fight in the games is immediately overshadowed, doesn't have anything major in the anime, and isn't particularly standout in competitive (though Clangorous Soulblaze was fun to use in doubles), so yeah.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
If Journeys does somehow continue I'd love it if Ash got my favorite Psuedo Tyranitar. Bonus if it's the same Larvitar he cared for in OS.

I feel the only way people would accept it is if it was that larvitar.

now I know people how people feel about Gengar after the Haunter ordeal back in the day since I know some feel he should've just retrieved that one from sabrina opposed to getting a different one, but it was no where near with Ash as long or bonded as deep as Larvitar did.

Status
Not open for further replies.