• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Will never forget Ash and tr (only their sm version)
Will miss them

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Honestly, I hate filler episodes. Nothing interesting to see and they just make the season shorter than usual.

Back in the day, each season always reached a minimal of 52 episodes.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Honestly, I hate filler episodes. Nothing interesting to see and they just make the season shorter than usual.

Back in the day, each season always reached a minimal of 52 episodes.
....No? Not even close?

Observer

Mostly watching

Trainer Micah

Will never forget Ash and tr (only their sm version)
Will miss them

You know looking at this whole series for Journey's i noticed something and it's that if you look back at it closely we saw it pick up right after S.M i mean looking at it we didn't see Ash achieve:

1. A Mega ring/glove nor a Lucarionite for his pokemon to mega evolve it in from Kalos
  2. Or a G max band from Leon nor making it this far into the final's nor Gigantamaxing his Pikachu nor his Gengar you see..
And i see why his Dragonite Sirfetch'd and Dragovish are trained but i wondered have they become strong? I see the bond's strong with all six of them with Ash. But i wondered what'll happen when Ash goes to a new region and they have to go there separate ways and Ash goes to a new region to get newer pokemon. What then i wonder...

Also you never know if this series will also be a newer S.M version for Ash and TR
And the old saying goes once one misses them they'll be remembered.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
We have three options:

1) It just continues into the next series. 50% chance

2) Hiatus. Seeing the current production problems,maybe this one is the most likely to happen. 45% chance

3) JN is the end of the anime. Less likely. 5%

AARTX

Dead inside…
Also a possibility. But isn't it weird to split them up now then?
I dunno. But the last arc of JN potentially being Goh and PM makes me think that Goh really is Ash’s replacement and his "catching mew" goal will be a less vague version of Ash’s pokemon master goal - an excuse to make him travel and explore. (Provided that Goh doesn’t catch mew at the end of PM of course)

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I dunno. But the last arc of JN potentially being Goh and PM makes me think that Goh really is Ash’s replacement and his "catching mew" goal will be a less vague version of Ash’s pokemon master goal - an excuse to make him travel and explore. (Provided that Goh doesn’t catch mew at the end of PM of course)
I don't know honestly

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Also a possibility. But isn't it weird to split them up now then?
Maybe not. If there is a dark side to Project Mew and Professor Amaranth is bad and/or Project Mew is being sponsored by Giovanni, it could be a good narrative device to surprise the viewers to that revelation by Ash, as he's celebrating his win (assuming he wins his battle against Leon), he is surprised by a highly troubled Goh as and Gary as they say that they just made a terrible mistake by helping to capture Mew, only for the whole project to have been for evil. That could lead to Ash, Leon, Goh, Gary, possible, even likely, Dawn and maybe whoever else watched Ash's battle to go and rescue Mew from Project Mew and/or Team Rocket and end with Goh deciding to go back to school full time to rethink his life and his goals regarding Pokémon since he'll at least partially blame himself for putting Mew, and possibly the world, in so much danger. Ash could also hear about a Pokémon school for advanced trainers and Champions in the Paldea region and he could want to go there to learn more about Pokémon, especially hearing about Terastalization.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Lmao going back to the early pages feels like a fever dream now

That's why I did it lmao. It's hilarious to think about how many opportunities were wasted with this cool concept for a series. I know they switched series direction at one point but it really does feel like they were on the way to course correct. The main thing is that Goh stopped getting so many mass captures.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Status
Not open for further replies.