• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting to see Gmax Inteleon but we didn't so is it Ashs 3 vs Leon's 1? If that's the case then it's definitely gonna be very debated part of this match as a whole.
They way I see it, the old rule prevented Ash from going all out, limiting him... it means the old rule would have give advantage to Dande. The new rule do not limit anyone, if Dande has no other gimmicks, it is his own fault for not working/training hard enough for the other gimmicks.

Imo, the old rule was created by the writer just to make Ash's previous battles interesting. But in ideal competition, they should not exist.

Can Leon's Charizard do a Z-Move, Gigantamax, and Mega Evolution in one match?

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
They way I see it, the old rule prevented Ash from going all out, limiting him... it means the old rule would have give advantage to Dande. The new rule do not limit anyone, if Dande has no other gimmicks, it is his own fault for not working/training hard enough for the other gimmicks.

Imo, the old rule was created by the writer just to make Ash's previous battles interesting. But in ideal competition, they should not exist.

Can Leon's Charizard do a Z-Move, Gigantamax, and Mega Evolution in one match?

This is not possible in the games, but I guess in the anime it can.

diesglamouris

I'm wondering which of Leon's animals will be sacrificed to invoke Eternatus. Because he suggesting unlimiting the gimmicks sounds too good to be free.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Starting to think Journeys is definitely showing Project Mew. I don't think you can call Ash and Goh as co-protagonists while only showing the conclusion of one goal. If there is a Paldea anime, it's getting hella delayed IMO.

It does feel like they're trying to wrap up all the Galar-specific things (Leon) before Scarlet/Violet, which might be why they structured it like this. Production issues hella mixed up the timeline IMO.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Starting to think Journeys is definitely showing Project Mew. I don't think you can call Ash and Goh as co-protagonists while only showing the conclusion of one goal. If there is a Paldea anime, it's getting hella delayed IMO.

It does feel like they're trying to wrap up all the Galar-specific things (Leon) before Scarlet/Violet, which might be why they structured it like this. Production issues hella mixed up the timeline IMO.

I honestly could see either happening. I think the traveling portion of JN will continue. The concept makes it so the writers aren't forced with a single pool of game ideas to pull from. I think its part of the reason why there was no Galar specific anime. It was part of an anniversary year, I get that, but it also served as a fresh start to Ash's journey.

From OS-XY he competed in regional competitions, in SM he became the first Champion of a region, and in JN, he lived kinda free of the weight of that role until the very end. Now if he defeats Leon and becomes the World Monarch for the World Coronation Series, at the start of the next series, he should have some kind of fresh state of being that doesn't devolve back to new regional challenger.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Since Eternaus has been awoken and likely to wreak havoc, I hope this means that Dawn and Chloe come into play to help out. Perhaps then we can see Buneary or Quilava evolve and that’s why Dawn hasn’t had a team change yet because we’re going to see it happen on screen

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Since Eternaus has been awoken and likely to wreak havoc, I hope this means that Dawn and Chloe come into play to help out. Perhaps then we can see Buneary or Quilava evolve and that’s why Dawn hasn’t had a team change yet because we’re going to see it happen on screen
Or finally GMax Eevee

Okay, I get the impression that Ash Ketchum will probably win the Monarch title but He can't walk out of Masters 8 Tournament / World Coronation Series, They will call in Ash Ketchum to defend his title...?

I'm gonna be honest: If World Coronation Series existed in Video game universe, I'd beat the heck out of it but now it's nonexistent in Video Game universe.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Okay, I get the impression that Ash Ketchum will probably win the Monarch title but He can't walk out of Masters 8 Tournament / World Coronation Series, They will call in Ash Ketchum to defend his title...?

I'm gonna be honest: If World Coronation Series existed in Video game universe, I'd beat the heck out of it but now it's nonexistent in Video Game universe.
Technically WCS is pretty much competitive but singles

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Leon vs Ash episode 1: Gengar mvp
Leon vs Ash episode 2: Dragonite & Lucario win
Leon vs Ash episode 3: Sirfetch & Dracovish mvp
Leon vs Ash episode 4: final clash Pikachu vs Charizard

Likely this gonna happen really.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Pokemon World Tournment in B2W2 is pretty close.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
I honestly could see either happening. I think the traveling portion of JN will continue. The concept makes it so the writers aren't forced with a single pool of game ideas to pull from. I think its part of the reason why there was no Galar specific anime. It was part of an anniversary year, I get that, but it also served as a fresh start to Ash's journey.

From OS-XY he competed in regional competitions, in SM he became the first Champion of a region, and in JN, he lived kinda free of the weight of that role until the very end. Now if he defeats Leon and becomes the World Monarch for the World Coronation Series, at the start of the next series, he should have some kind of fresh state of being that doesn't devolve back to new regional challenger.
I could even see them doing Project Mew in Paldea

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Yes please. The wishing star energy from Eternatus transcends space and time or some other nonsense and makes Quilava evolve, here’s how Hisuian Typhlosion can still win-

kickachu

Momentai!
so friday's episode what kind of new power does dracovish have and what will it be called

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Wasn’t us psychic fang ?
It wasn't Psychic Fang, apparently, it is a natural ability of Dracovish's species (or at least the Stegosaur half) that got reactivated during the fight due to it coming into contact with Dragon-type attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.