• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
It wasn't Psychic Fang, apparently, it is a natural ability of Dracovish's species (or at least the Stegosaur half) that got reactivated during the fight due to it coming into contact with Dragon-type attacks.

That can't be, that isn't neither Water Absorb, Strong Jaw or even Sand Rush. None of the abilities or moves fit into that attack. Could it be an anime exclusive move? A gen 9 move or ability maybe?

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
That can't be, that isn't neither Water Absorb, Strong Jaw or even Sand Rush. None of the abilities or moves fit into that attack. Could it be an anime exclusive move? A gen 9 move or ability maybe?
When I said ability I didn't mean in the competitive sense, I just meant a power (like telepathy for example).

I could see this turning out to be a Gen 9 move though.

Red and Blue

Well if it's a Gen 9 move that could mean the Galarian Fossils made it into Paldea. Or the DLC area

MunchMunch

It's a natural hidden ability. Think what Hawlucha did during the Kalos League.

It's a natural hidden ability. Think what Hawlucha did during the Kalos League.
That was stupid because more damage to Hawlucha, but it didn’t matter in the end anyways because…

Ash-Pikachu

That was stupid because more damage to Hawlucha, but it didn’t matter in the end anyways because…
It wasn't because one of Hawlucha's perks is that he feels pumped up and more invigorated battling when receiving damage. That's explicitly why Sawyer countered Hawlucha because Hawlucha was not used to someone who wasn't fighting back. We see how Hawlucha, when fired up (literally), managed to vastly outspeed Weavile and swiftly take him out. Lysander, Diantha, and Sycamore were even impressed by that.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Ash's JN team fought against all types:

Fire - Cinderace
Water - Inteleon, Clawitzer, Tentacruel, Octilery, Milotic
Grass - Rilaboom, Meganium, Cradily, Roserade
Normal - Tauros
Fighting - Mienshao, Lucario, Grapploct, Machamp, Hawlucha, Hitmontop
Dark - Grimmsnarl, Spiritomb
Ghost - Spiritomb, Dragapult
Fairy - Grimmsnarl, Alcremie, Togekiss
Psychic - Mr. Rime, Alakazam, Metagross
Flying - Rotom, Hawlucha, Togekiss, Noivern
Poison - Roserade
Dragon - Dragonite, Haxorus, Noivern, Altaria, Duraludon, Garchomp, Dragapult
Electric - Rotom, Luxray, Electivire, Electrode, Raichu
Steel - Metagross, Aggron, Duraludon
Ice - Mr. Rime
Rock - Cradily, Aggron
Ground - Garchomp, Gastrodon
Bug - Heracross

TomRC121991

Ash's JN team fought against all types:

Fire - Cinderace
Water - Inteleon, Clawitzer, Tentacruel, Octilery, Milotic
Grass - Rilaboom, Meganium, Cradily, Roserade
Normal - Tauros
Fighting - Mienshao, Lucario, Grapploct, Machamp, Hawlucha, Hitmontop
Dark - Grimmsnarl, Spiritomb
Ghost - Spiritomb, Dragapult
Fairy - Grimmsnarl, Alcremie, Togekiss
Psychic - Mr. Rime, Alakazam, Metagross
Flying - Rotom, Hawlucha, Togekiss, Noivern
Poison - Roserade
Dragon - Dragonite, Haxorus, Noivern, Altaria, Duraludon, Garchomp, Dragapult
Electric - Rotom, Luxray, Electivire, Electrode, Raichu
Steel - Metagross, Aggron, Duraludon
Ice - Mr. Rime
Rock - Cradily, Aggron
Ground - Garchomp, Gastrodon
Bug - Heracross
What about

Psychic - Solrock, Lunatone
Flying - Salamence
Dragon - Flygon, Salamence
Rock - Solrock, Lunatone
Ground - Flygon

ImBeVillain

No more six members
What about

Psychic - Solrock, Lunatone
Flying - Salamence
Dragon - Flygon, Salamence
Rock - Solrock, Lunatone
Ground - Flygon
Sorry, but i doesn't need write very much. Ash fought more against pokemon than i wrote that list.
But i wrote only pokemon which was belong to trainers and you wrote about Flygon which basically he was a wild actually.

Arlon Akai

Sorry, but i doesn't need write very much. Ash fought more against pokemon than i wrote that list.
But i wrote only pokemon which was belong to trainers and you wrote about Flygon which basically he was a wild actually.
If I remember correctly, Dragonite and Gengar fought Raihan's Flygon?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Wait a sec ... wouldn't that be a kind of odd thing to do if Ash really is losing?
Key visual...live-streamed YouTube Special on Friday...distributing Ash's entire JN team in Sword and Shield...

All strange things to do if Ash is losing.

Last edited:

Rune Knight

I liked the last episode, but I was more or less expecting Sirfetch'd to get to the win on Rillaboom, and Charizard to get one on one of Ash's mons before being knocked out by Pikachu; but in that regard, I am a little worried that they're going for the Double-KO route with Cinderace acting as the tie-breaker.

I personally won't make a big fuss if Ash loses; at the same time I also don't want him to because I feel like the series has been building up to his victory.

Anyway, it's not all one sided for me, and whatever happens I hope that it gets executed well which I believe it will.

AJ97

I liked the last episode, but I was more or less expecting Sirfetch'd to get to the win on Rillaboom, and Charizard to get one on one of Ash's mons before being knocked out by Pikachu; but in that regard, I am a little worried that they're going for the Double-KO route with Cinderace acting as the tie-breaker.

I personally won't make a big fuss if Ash loses; at the same time I also don't want him to because I feel like the series has been building up to his victory.

Anyway, it's not all one sided for me, and whatever happens I hope that it gets executed well which I believe it will.
I think they intentionally did this to keep the result unpredictable and make the victory more of a surprise if they go via that route.

As you said, I too can't see Charizard falling without getting a single win.
And now Pikachu is essentially Stuck Battling the world's strongest Trainer-owned Pokemon in addition to another one of Leon's Pokemon which is basically at full health. In addition to all of Leon's Pokemon being exceptionally strong in general; Cinderace has a broken ability that goes along with it.

From a more rational stand point, it looks like Ash will lose. However, considering the live stream and several other elements in connection to the series, there is a glimmer of hope that it could go the other way.
I actually like the fact that they kept it unpredictable for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.