• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
This is even assuming Ash gets a starter next gen

He might skip Gen 9 too

But if he does actually get one tho:

Based on the leaked description of their Final Evolutions, Fuecoco's Rockstar Leimotif sounds like the most fitting for Ash.

Sprigatito's Evolution sounds like a Grass Delphox and I doubt Ash will get another Fighting Type Duck so soon

Rune Knight

I think they intentionally did this to keep the result unpredictable and make the victory more of a surprise if they go via that route.

As you said, I too can't see Charizard falling without getting a single win.
And now Pikachu is essentially Stuck Battling the world's strongest Trainer-owned Pokemon in addition to another one of Leon's Pokemon which is basically at full health. In addition to all of Leon's Pokemon being exceptionally strong in general; Cinderace has a broken ability that goes along with it.

From a more rational stand point, it looks like Ash will lose. However, considering the live stream and several other elements in connection to the series, there is a glimmer of hope that it could go the other way.
I actually like the fact that they kept it unpredictable for once.

I was also thinking that a way to work around this, though tangibly a little dark is to have Leon willingly sacrifice Cinderace to save Charizard.

Like if Leon sees Pikachu about to use its z-move and with Charizard being a Flying type, he could quickly switch it out for Cinderace to take the hit at the last second. Though these are usually done through U-turns, in this case I'm not sure if something like this would actually be allowed, but it's just an idea.

Rune Knight

That still counts as using it up. The only thing they can do left is Ash and Leon can use a 2nd Gigantamax as Eternatus recharged their Dynamax Band.

However I think there was something that specifically said that Leon’s Charizard won’t be able to Gigantamax again in this battle since Gigantamaxing puts to much strain on a single Pokémon to the point where that Pokémon isn’t able to really handle Gigantamax a 2nd time in a battle especially in a shot period of times.

So basically where going to see Gigantamax Cinderace vs Gigantamax Pikachu in the upcoming episode.

I guess that I interpreted it wrong then, I apologize.

In this case, just replace Z-Move with G-Max Volt Crash then.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question besides defeating Leon what else you see to do to be a pokemon master

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Question besides defeating Leon what else you see to do to be a pokemon master
We don't know what a Pokemon Master is after all these years, I would say completing the champion would make sense, but he isn't capturing Pokemon like Goh so that part isn't part of it, but he is now a league champion and world champion.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
It seems more a path than a goal.

Still think at some point of that path would be researching. But right now I don't care.
Ash will never get a true ending to climax to his character arc then, which dilutes his character to me. What's next? The mega ultimate master cup? If they just keep going and going, everything for Ash loses importance.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Honestly, if Ash ends up leaving, I don't think I'll be mad anymore. They just need to do a proper finale episode, address TR properly and hopefully let us see May and Dawn win a Grand festival. That's pretty much it
I'm satisfied with Ash's POV of stuff that happened even if we didn't get an Ash vs Alain rematch, I think I like Ash surpassing Alain better

diesglamouris

Ash will never get a true ending to climax to his character arc then, which dilutes his character to me. What's next? The mega ultimate master cup? If they just keep going and going, everything for Ash loses importance.
Yeah.

Hopefully this would be his retirement.

Even things fans ask him to do (face Giovanni, face Mewtwo, catch legendaries and so) fell more like material for special arcs than for a full season. And a "mega ultimate master cup" would fell pointless. I say I don't care because these things don't depend on me.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
As Pokemon Master is an undefined title, I'm sure defeating Leon isn't how Ash would get it.

However, this link doesn't seem related to that topic.
If there is no practical way of him officially becoming pokemon master, then his character goes on forever since it's an infinite goal to chase. Which at this point means making bigger and crazier world (or even universal) tournaments for him to keep winning....which seems not feasible.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
At this point the only forward for Ash is to either become a supporting mentor figure for a new protagonist, or to be fully rebooted and sent all the way back to the very beginning of his journey.

Trainer Micah

You know i had a small thought Ash was going to lose against Leon. But i was wrong i believed he'd become a Champion again!
Way to go Ash! Wonder What's next for Ash's adventure other then since he's become a world Champion!:

Pikachu - So far pretty strong amazed at his Pokemon.
- Wonder what he'll capture next?

Status
Not open for further replies.