• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Micah

You know if someone said Ash had 57 (86) then i think your forgetting four Pokemon Ash caught off screen naming the Electric tale of Pikachu manga here are the " " ones i thought of counting:

Kanto: Pikachu Butterfree Pidgeot Bulbasaur Charizard Squirtle Kingler " Raticate " Primeape Muk Taruos( 30 ) Lapras Snorlax

The Electric tale of Pikachu: Clefairy Ferrow Oddish Slowbro Primeape - These are ones that we're caught off screen that didn't show at all all but Primeape showed so 61 (90) ..

Johto: Herracross Bayleef Totodile Noctowl " Beedrill Seaking " Larvitar

Hoenn: Swellow Sceptile Corphish Torkoal Glalie Donfan

Sinnoh: Ambipom Staraptor Torterra Infernape Buizel Gliscor Gible Quilava

Unova: Unfezant Oshawott Pignite Snivy Scraggy Leavanny Palpitoad " Archeops " Boldore Krookadile

Kalos: Grennja Talonflame Hawlucha Noivern Goodra

Alola: Rowlet Lycanroc Incineroar Solgaleo Naganadel and Melmetal

Galar via now: Mimey Dragonite Gengar Lucario Sirfetch'd Dragovish Rowlet - But so you know of ones i counted i'm missing maybe one Pokemon likely "somewhere" i know it's not a legendary or mystical Pokemon Ash may have caught or didn't capture but released it So. Hm? But so someone knows if your forgetting it.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I wouldn't include Pokemon from this manga. It's not canon.
Agreed! But i would like to see him catch the bird that jump started his journey (Fearow/Onidrill)

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
If Ash is going to continue, please return Squrtle and get Blastoise. What a waste.

Actually, after the dream sequence where Pikachu saw all of Ash's Pokemon, I'm hoping for the return of many of them (if not all), now that Ash has become the new Monarch. Let's see:

+ Butterfree: Unlikely, because it has his own life, but if his kids already grew up.... Maybe he would stay at Oak along with his mate.
+ Pidgeot: He's supposed to be living in the wild, next to Pallet Town, so it should be easy to find him.
+ Squirtle: He has returned in the past, so he should be able to return once more thanks to Officer Jenny.
+ Primeape: Considering his new evolution in Gen 9, the possibilities are high. I have to say, however, its look is creepy. (Nothing out of the ordinary being a Ghost Type, but still...).
+ Lapras: He was the very first Pokemon that Ash released back into the wild who met him again after that. With this, I see no reason why it can't happen again.
+ Larvitar: He was never officially one of Ash's Pokemon, but given Tyranitar's popularity, they should bring it back, so he can join Ash's team officially and evolve.
+ Ambipom: This one was a surprise, as it was never an Ambipom when Ash owned it. When you think of it, Ash might actually have captured Buizel on his own, leaving the Pokemon Trade with Dawn unnecessary. I wouldn't complain if it returns with Ash someday.
+ Greninja: As much as he's my number one priority to return, I'm afraid he can't until his mission to deal with Team Flare's mess is solved.
+ Goodra: I understand he wanted to stay at his homeplace, but since he already returned once, I don't see why not again in the future.
+ Solgaleo: It's a real surprise the consider this Legendary Pokemon as one of Ash's, even if he never officially captured. Maybe one day he will officially join Ash's team. I can think of at least one battle he could help Ash.
+ Naganadel: I would like to see him return, but the whole mess of time-space with the Ultraportals can be a real problem.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

I don't usually follow the toy merch as a gospel of what's coming in the anime, but i did find this interesting. It's another moncolle set, but it seems like they're not using the journeys logo but the generic english one? Fuel for the anime ending theories?

While i don't devoutly follow the toy line, i'm pretty sure that the previous sets used the journeys anime logo.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

I don't usually follow the toy merch as a gospel of what's coming in the anime, but i did find this interesting. It's another moncolle set, but it seems like they're not using the journeys logo but the generic english one? Fuel for the anime ending theories?

While i don't devoutly follow the toy line, i'm pretty sure that the previous sets used the journeys anime logo.

I can't see the picture, can you upload it here, please?

If Ashs ****ing Lucario is the one to beat MCX then I would be so ****ing mad

World Turtle

You know if someone said Ash had 57 (86) then i think your forgetting four Pokemon Ash caught off screen naming the Electric tale of Pikachu manga here are the " " ones i thought of counting:

Kanto: Pikachu Butterfree Pidgeot Bulbasaur Charizard Squirtle Kingler " Raticate " Primeape Muk Taruos( 30 ) Lapras Snorlax

The Electric tale of Pikachu: Clefairy Ferrow Oddish Slowbro Primeape - These are ones that we're caught off screen that didn't show at all all but Primeape showed so 61 (90) ..

Johto: Herracross Bayleef Totodile Noctowl " Beedrill Seaking " Larvitar

Hoenn: Swellow Sceptile Corphish Torkoal Glalie Donfan

Sinnoh: Ambipom Staraptor Torterra Infernape Buizel Gliscor Gible Quilava

Unova: Unfezant Oshawott Pignite Snivy Scraggy Leavanny Palpitoad " Archeops " Boldore Krookadile

Kalos: Grennja Talonflame Hawlucha Noivern Goodra

Alola: Rowlet Lycanroc Incineroar Solgaleo Naganadel and Melmetal

Galar via now: Mimey Dragonite Gengar Lucario Sirfetch'd Dragovish Rowlet - But so you know of ones i counted i'm missing maybe one Pokemon likely "somewhere" i know it's not a legendary or mystical Pokemon Ash may have caught or didn't capture but released it So. Hm? But so someone knows if your forgetting it.

I wouldn't count the manga captures. I also wouldn't count Raticate, Beedrill, or Seaking. Ash never did anything with them and the first two belong to other people now or in Seaking's case was never allowed to be kept anyways.

Kanto: Pikachu, Butterfree, Pidgeot, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, Kingler, Primeape, Muk, Taruos (30), Lapras, Snorlax, Mr. Mime, Dragonite, Gengar,

Johto: Heracross, Bayleef, Quilava, Totodile, Noctowl, Donphan, *Larvitar*

Hoenn: Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal, Glalie

Sinnoh: *Ambipom*, Staraptor, Torterra, Infernape, Buizel, Gliscor, Gible, Lucario

Unova: Unfezant, Oshawott, Pignite, Snivy, Scraggy, Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krookadile

Kalos: Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha, Noivern, Goodra

Alola: Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, *Solgaleo*, Naganadel, and Melmetal

Galar: Sirfetch'd, Dracovish,

The ones with ** are in-spirit because they were never officially caught or in Ambipom's case belongs to Dawn now. I feel I need to respect the trade.

So for me its 54-57 or 83-86 counting the other Tauros. Personally, I would like to see at least Larvitar become an official capture.

With the PokeDex hitting a 1000 I want to see Ash get to 100 Captures before they replace him. Its 14-17 left depending on how you count it.

I'd like each region to have at least six captures (to represent the region with a full team): so 6 Paldea, 4 Galar, 1 Alola, 1 Kalos, and 1 Hoenn. Aside from Larvitar for Johto the remaining slots can go to any region.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Actually, after the dream sequence where Pikachu saw all of Ash's Pokemon, I'm hoping for the return of many of them (if not all), now that Ash has become the new Monarch. Let's see:

+ Butterfree: Unlikely, because it has his own life, but if his kids already grew up.... Maybe he would stay at Oak along with his mate.
+ Pidgeot: He's supposed to be living in the wild, next to Pallet Town, so it should be easy to find him.
+ Squirtle: He has returned in the past, so he should be able to return once more thanks to Officer Jenny.
+ Primeape: Considering his new evolution in Gen 9, the possibilities are high. I have to say, however, its look is creepy. (Nothing out of the ordinary being a Ghost Type, but still...).
+ Lapras: He was the very first Pokemon that Ash released back into the wild who met him again after that. With this, I see no reason why it can't happen again.
+ Larvitar: He was never officially one of Ash's Pokemon, but given Tyranitar's popularity, they should bring it back, so he can join Ash's team officially and evolve.
+ Ambipom: This one was a surprise, as it was never an Ambipom when Ash owned it. When you think of it, Ash might actually have captured Buizel on his own, leaving the Pokemon Trade with Dawn unnecessary. I wouldn't complain if it returns with Ash someday.
+ Greninja: As much as he's my number one priority to return, I'm afraid he can't until his mission to deal with Team Flare's mess is solved.
+ Goodra: I understand he wanted to stay at his homeplace, but since he already returned once, I don't see why not again in the future.
+ Solgaleo: It's a real surprise the consider this Legendary Pokemon as one of Ash's, even if he never officially captured. Maybe one day he will officially join Ash's team. I can think of at least one battle he could help Ash.
+ Naganadel: I would like to see him return, but the whole mess of time-space with the Ultraportals can be a real problem.
I agreed, if Ash is staying for the Paldea anime then i hoping some of his un-evolved/middle stage mon returns and evolve like Bayleef or Gible etc. He can still mixed his team with fully evolved Paldea mon like Dragonite and Gengar mixing with his reserves that needs to evolve if they planning on Ash defending his crown now and then with different mon

With regards to your comment,

Butterfree: If we used the real life Butterfly dying after mating then i don't see it

Pidegot: I agreed with it and i suspect the random Pidegot flying up after Ash scene, i have a feeling that the writers did have plans to bring Pidgeot back until either they forgot about it or newer show runner turned down the ideas of Ash using reserves and Pokémon like Pidegot for the PWC.

Squirtle: I agreed too, they can announce his "retirement" as a firefighter due to him evolving to Wartortle and staying at Oaks lab.

Primeape: Agreed with you as well, hoping the new evolution will prompt the writers to bring it back hell they can write something like Anthony informed Ash that his Primeape somehow actually have an evolution but he feels that by having Primeape return to Ash and possibly joining his team for a while in Paldea might be able to triggers his evolution and ended up staying at Oaks after Anthony realized that Annihilape will fared better returning to Ash.

Lapras: I don't see it returning since it mostly likely swim to different part of the world by now and due to the dex entries on how the species is on the verge of being extinct, highly likely it not going to return

Lavitar: Agreed, Ash finally catch it and evolve to Tyranitar in the end

Ambiporm: this is the most surprising one like you say due to Ash owning her when she was an Aipom so having her appearing as Ambipom instead of Aipom was a surprise, maybe they can have one episode explaining how Ash got Ambipom cause unlike Mimey, they cant recon it offscreen back to Ash as everyone saw the episode of trading and Aipom evolving under Dawn care. How will you think the writer address the issue if it really do return under Ash.

Greninja: Might still happen if Diantha, the Elite Four, Gym leaders working together with Sycamore and taking over the issues of handling the vine from Greninja and he is free to return to Ash.

Goodra: i can only see it happening if the all of the swam mon evolving into their final form and convince Goodra that they can protect themself from now on if not no

Nagandel: No, like you slated about the portal

Solgaleo: Maybe Nebby agreed to join Ash with Lillie blessing and Ash status as World Monarch? (srry, never really see the ending of SOMO so im not really sure whether why Nebby didn't joined Ash in the anime}

Last edited:

wellwellwells

So playing SV now and the game itself sets up the region perfectly to allow Ash to travel there.

Your rival Neumona is recognized from the start as a Champion level trainer and she still goes to school, so strong trainers go there unlike Alola’s where everybody was a rookie. They also stablished the school is a boarding school and they only get to venture out once during the school year during the “treasure hunt”.

SatoSereFan224888

So playing SV now and the game itself sets up the region perfectly to allow Ash to travel there.

Your rival Neumona is recognized from the start as a Champion level trainer and she still goes to school, so strong trainers go there unlike Alola’s where everybody was a rookie. They also stablished the school is a boarding school and they only get to venture out once during the school year during the “treasure hunt”.
Honestly Ash shouldn’t go to Paldea. He should take it easy. Also there’s no reason for him going to school again. It’s time somebody new takes the spotlight as the main character.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

ye I’m seeing plenty of doors for Ash to enter Paldea. Nenoma is one of those doors.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!

Ash isn't champion level though, he is master level. I can't see any way where Ash is going to school and learning about type weaknesses and stuff, and not getting memed and clowned on it for it. It will be the new losing to Snivy.

"Just a few episodes ago Pikachu went super saiyan and Ash beat the three best trainers in the world in a row, and then is sitting in class about learning how to battle."

SatoSereFan224888

Ash isn't champion level though, he is master level. I can't see any way where Ash is going to school and learning about type weaknesses and stuff, and not getting memed and clowned on it for it. It will be the new losing to Snivy.

"Just a few episodes ago Pikachu went super saiyan and Ash beat the three best trainers in the world in a row, and then is sitting in class about learning how to battle."
I agree one million percent with you. This is the main reason why Ash shouldn’t go to Paldea.

BobbbidyBob

I don’t play the games but I hope Goh gets replaced by the shy paldean red-head, as a co-protagonist of course. She even has an eivui backpack, so it’s a win-win for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.