• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don’t play the games but I hope Goh gets replaced by the shy paldean red-head, as a co-protagonist of course. She even has an eivui backpack, so it’s a win-win for everyone.
He’s going to be replaced anyways. He was never to last for more than one series. Barring Brock, companions never last for more than one series.

SatoSereFan224888

I don’t play the games but I hope Goh gets replaced by the shy paldean red-head, as a co-protagonist of course. She even has an eivui backpack, so it’s a win-win for everyone.
You mean Penny? Well first off I don’t want Ash traveling to Paldea, but if he does go there, he should travel by himself. Also I think Ash would hate Penny and call her a freak. Same goes for Iono. I don’t plan on buying the games either but to be perfectly honest there’s no need for Ash to go to Paldea.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
You mean Penny? Well first off I don’t want Ash traveling to Paldea, but if he does go there, he should travel by himself. Also I think Ash would hate Penny and call her a freak. Same goes for Iono. I don’t plan on buying the games either but to be perfectly honest there’s no need for Ash to go to Paldea.
He would NEVER call anybody a freak.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Also I think Ash would hate Penny and call her a freak. Same goes for Iono. I don’t plan on buying the games either but to be perfectly honest there’s no need for Ash to go to Paldea.
I can see why your vision of Ash is a lone wolf. He’s too much of an asshole to be around people. That says more about your fanfic than it does us.

Master Pikachu 11

This is by far the one of the most out of character things that you would come up, there is no reason for Ash to call anybody a freak. He is really not that type of character and if you really think that then you really don’t know that much about Ash’s character at all.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
In what universe would Ash think or say that?

SatoSereFan224888

In what universe would Ash think or say that?
I think Ash shouldn’t trust Penny if I were in his shoes. But to be honest I don’t see Ash traveling to Paldea. The SV anime should focus on a new protagonist.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Guy100

I wouldn't mind the idea of the upcoming pokemon arc to revolve around Ash still traveling the world and meeting the other male gen game protagonist (Gold, Ruby, etc) while building a team of legendary and mythical pokemon he meets in each region to further solidify his skills as a World Champion.

However, I can see Paldea playing a climatic point in the next story arc, but only in small segments of the adventure like how they did with Gen 8.

Broseph08

We get it. You don't think there is any need for Ash to go to Paldea. You don't need to reply to every single post saying that lol

MegaSalamence05

Right now my expectation is if the anime were to continue Ash, Goh and Chloe continue on to Paldea. It's as seamless of a transition as possible.
Honestly think about it. If I was a betting man. That would be expectation. With as much criticism Journeys gets it's as seamless of a transition as physically possible than any region's saga before hand.

Ash - Nemona (Champions) Even with Ash Ketchum's ascension as World Monarch.
Goh - Arven (Researchers) Even if Goh were to catch Mew
Chloe - Penny (Students) Even if Chloe wasn't as main of cast member.

This is my expectation to be honest. The only one that rivals this as a transition process was from Kanto to Johto. At the very beginning. Which is why I'm eagerly anticipating the cast list for JN135.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
This is by far the one of the most out of character things that you would come up, there is no reason for Ash to call anybody a freak. He is really not that type of character and if you really think that then you really don’t know that much about Ash’s character at all.
Don't you get it? SatoSere is the hardcore Ash HATER here, he/she have been actively campaigning here for Ash to leave the anime for a long period of time and now resorting to disgusting tactics like character assassination to Ash character as a whole, knowing damn well that Ash is not going to say such a thing. It a shame that he/she have resort to using disgusting tactics like this when they can't get their way.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Dude I laughed so hard at their post. Ash screaming "freak!" isn't even something he'd do in episode 2, let alone episode 1,330.
I haven't played the game yet (waiting for the for the holidays to make the purchase) but I hear Penny is actually kind of rude?

I feel like Ash would be more likely to make a note of Penny's behavior than her appearance. Even early Original Series Ash (not the most tactful person on Earth in those days) wouldn't make a jab at Penny's appearance to her face, the most he might have done is make a side comment about it behind her back. I could see OS Ash getting slightly annoyed by Penny giving attitude but present-day Ash didn't seem too bothered by Chloe so I think he will be fine with Penny even if she's a bit rude.

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I haven't played the game yet (waiting for the for the holidays to make the purchase) but I hear Penny is actually kind of rude?

I feel like Ash would be more likely to make a note of Penny's behavior than her appearance. Even early Original Series Ash (not the most tactful person on Earth in those days) wouldn't make a jab at Penny's appearance to her face, the most he might have done is make a side comment about it behind her back. I could see OS Ash getting slightly annoyed by Penny giving attitude but present Ash didn't seem too bothered by Chloe so I think he will be fine with Penny even if she's a bit rude.
I mean, spoilers aside, that really isn't true of her being rude in the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.