• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Was thinking, if Ash do return to the Paldea anime be it as the MC or as a mentor role , which team will he get? The full gen 9 team? or same as JN where he catches full evolve Mon ( give me Ash Zororak, Ash Tyranitar) mixing with his reserve that come back and evolve ( Hi Primeape) and the gen 9 team?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Was thinking, if Ash do return to the Paldea anime be it as the MC or as a mentor role , which team will he get? The full gen 9 team? or same as JN where he catches full evolve Mon ( give me Ash Zororak, Ash Tyranitar) mixing with his reserve that come back and evolve ( Hi Primeape) and the gen 9 team?
that would entirely depend on what they'll do for him if he returns for Paldea (which he likely will). Although I dont think there's really much that they can go off of with Paldea mons.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think goh can't be the main character. The main character must be a warrior. Not just a catcher.

It would be silly for them to restart Pokemon. Again, someone from zero, we will miss him for the next 20 years.

Ash's plot didn't quite fit me. suddenly shown too strong. 2 series ago, even Alder was much stronger than Ash.

In DP, Flint dragged Ash with his only pokemon. In the same series, Ash, who beat Paul by force, remained at the master level and Paul remained at the Gym level.

It's ridiculous that he got so strong in only 2 series. No, Ash is still the same age. The man became better than everyone in 0 years.

I don't think they will 0 down Ash, but they will regress a little. The current Ash is already close to becoming a pokemon master.

I think a new character should come. He must be a warrior too.

Ash plays champion level matches and the new character is gym level.

We both watch more matches and Ash continues.

Goh can always stay. Because it is impossible for Goh to find his target or close to it. But he is not a character that can be the main character. Because he is just a catcher.

Ash Chole is the new hero and the Goh quartet makes for a satisfying quartet. It doesn't matter whether Goh should stay or go.

1 tactician, 1 warrior, 1 competitor and 1 performance pokemon should set out with such a quartet.

Battles and targets are important in anime. Should Ash stay, I think he can. The pokemon anime already means Ash. If there is to be a new memory, it should be a completely different memory, not related to the main character like Bayblade and Digimon.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I agreed, if Ash is staying for the Paldea anime then i hoping some of his un-evolved/middle stage mon returns and evolve like Bayleef or Gible etc. He can still mixed his team with fully evolved Paldea mon like Dragonite and Gengar mixing with his reserves that needs to evolve if they planning on Ash defending his crown now and then with different mon

With regards to your comment,

Butterfree: If we used the real life Butterfly dying after mating then i don't see it

Pidegot: I agreed with it and i suspect the random Pidegot flying up after Ash scene, i have a feeling that the writers did have plans to bring Pidgeot back until either they forgot about it or newer show runner turned down the ideas of Ash using reserves and Pokémon like Pidegot for the PWC.

Squirtle: I agreed too, they can announce his "retirement" as a firefighter due to him evolving to Wartortle and staying at Oaks lab.

Primeape: Agreed with you as well, hoping the new evolution will prompt the writers to bring it back hell they can write something like Anthony informed Ash that his Primeape somehow actually have an evolution but he feels that by having Primeape return to Ash and possibly joining his team for a while in Paldea might be able to triggers his evolution and ended up staying at Oaks after Anthony realized that Annihilape will fared better returning to Ash.

Lapras: I don't see it returning since it mostly likely swim to different part of the world by now and due to the dex entries on how the species is on the verge of being extinct, highly likely it not going to return

Lavitar: Agreed, Ash finally catch it and evolve to Tyranitar in the end

Ambiporm: this is the most surprising one like you say due to Ash owning her when she was an Aipom so having her appearing as Ambipom instead of Aipom was a surprise, maybe they can have one episode explaining how Ash got Ambipom cause unlike Mimey, they cant recon it offscreen back to Ash as everyone saw the episode of trading and Aipom evolving under Dawn care. How will you think the writer address the issue if it really do return under Ash.

Greninja: Might still happen if Diantha, the Elite Four, Gym leaders working together with Sycamore and taking over the issues of handling the vine from Greninja and he is free to return to Ash.

Goodra: i can only see it happening if the all of the swam mon evolving into their final form and convince Goodra that they can protect themself from now on if not no

Nagandel: No, like you slated about the portal

Solgaleo: Maybe Nebby agreed to join Ash with Lillie blessing and Ash status as World Monarch? (srry, never really see the ending of SOMO so im not really sure whether why Nebby didn't joined Ash in the anime}

Glad to know you agree with me at so many point, pal. Ash would definitely have to stay on his toes from now on to defend his new crown. Somebody once said "The king who sits on his throne for the first time is the easiest one to dethrone". Just let me add some things:

+ Butterfree: Real butterflies are not as bug as hawks, so your theory about dying after mating doesn't work here. I mean, Pokemon are based on real animals, but they don't live like them. In case they don't want to bring back the original Butterfree and ruin his "family life", there's also the Butterfree he befriended in the Decolora Islands. Although, let's face it, the Butterfree who appeared on Pikachu's vision had to be the original one.

+ Pidgeot: Yeah, I remember that scene from the episode where Goh captured all the Kanto's Bugs. I still keep my eyes crossed just in case.

+ Squirtle: Evolving won't be a reason to stop being a firefighter. Don't you remember Team Wartortle, from the Orange Islands? In any case, the old Squirtle Squad would finally mature to stop being such losers without their leader.

+ Primeape: Primeape could have seen Ash's victory on TV with Anthony, and if Primeape became a Champion by himself, he could decide it's the proper time to return with Ash.

+ Lapras: The thing about Lapras being endangered doesn't work anymore. I mean, there have been debuting several trainers who have a Lapras. One of them is a Galar's Gym Leader, whose Lapras can even Gigantamax.

+ Lavitar: He definetaly can't stay with mom forever, and since he knows a Ranger who protect the area where he lives, he might have access to a TV and now about Ash's victory.

+ Ambipom: Well, she didn't evolve under Ash's care, that's certainly. But that doesn't change it was the same Pokemon Ash took to Sinnoh and traded with Dawn's Buizel. Besides, when she left to follow her dream of Pin-Pong Pokemon, he said farewell to both, Ash and Dawn, as both of them have been her trainers.

+ Greninja: You know? Since Mewtwo is moving from one place to another to help Pokemon, I'm pretty sure his help would be fantastic to finally fix this problem.

+ Goodra: Honestly, with the Florgess and its allies now in the same side as Goodra and his friends, I don't see why they would need him to protect the swamp.

+ Nagandel: I agree with you. Still, I'm just going to keep the mind open, just in case. You never know, after all.

+ Solgaleo: I suppose Nebby didn't officially join Ash's team because, after becomign Solgaleo, he had a "mission" to fulfill or something. Still, after seeing how Goh captured Suicune and their relation (Suicune stays as Goh's Pokemon, but he will continue his mission and go wherever he's needed, returning only when his trainer needs him the most), he could become something similar for Ash.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So Goh will probably catch Mew like he always does
And then there r two options: whether he keeps it in that lab jail or he will decide to let it go and break free of that capture

Guy100

Well, now that the Pokemon 2019 anime seems to be reaching its climax, I speculate that the Lugia which appeared in the first episode has to show up towards the arc finale of Journey's to challenge Ash to one more battle, before Ash ends up catching it.

I'm also curious to know if the anime will explore the lore of why Ash was able to hear Lugia's voice mentally.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well, now that the Pokemon 2019 anime seems to be reaching its climax, I speculate that the Lugia which appeared in the first episode has to show up towards the arc finale of Journey's to challenge Ash to one more battle, before Ash ends up catching it.

I'm also curious to know if the anime will explore the lore of why Ash was able to hear Lugia's voice mentally.
dafuq.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

That Lugia is Mew, so that’s Goh’s domain

Guy100

That Lugia is Mew, so that’s Goh’s domain
The Lugia that appeared in JN2 was never confirmed to be Mew. What makes it the real deal was the fact the Lab researchers were able to pick up Lugia's storm signature and teh showcasing of Lugia's ascension at the sea port. What makes the Lugia in JN arguably more authentic was the fact that Ash developed a true connection with it (Lugia), when he heard its thoughts; something Ash never did when encountering a Mew.

In JN 20, the anime did show Mew turning into a Lugia, but it was never confirmed to be one Ash and Goh had met on JN 2.

So far, journeys has proven that all sighting of the legendary birds, were associated with abnormal storm weather or climate changes, which is proven with Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres.

It seems like a very open-ended for a opening plot if they debut a Lugia which Ash challenges and connect with, just to never see it again to finish their battle. I hope he catches it towards the end, just to cement his tenacity as a Monarch, especially since Lugia has a high catch rate difficulty.

Last edited:

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
+ Ambipom: Well, she didn't evolve under Ash's care, that's certainly. But that doesn't change it was the same Pokemon Ash took to Sinnoh and traded with Dawn's Buizel. Besides, when she left to follow her dream of Pin-Pong Pokemon, he said farewell to both, Ash and Dawn, as both of them have been her trainers.
I remember that she evolved under Dawn care since Ash traded Aipom to Dawn. But yeah, hoping to see some of them again for JN135 if there is a party for Ash and maybe Anthony informing Ash about Primeape is able to evolve and leads to Ash going to Paldea to learn more ( I know he did brought Aipom to Sinnoh from BF but did the writer slate anything about Aipom evolving when Ash decides to go to Sinnoh, i can't remember)

Jeal

There was a short moment in JN2 (when Lugia was entering the ocean) where Ash heard it say "let's go". Then again

This
Now you mentioned the subject, on the earlier episodes Ash was like a sensitive or something. He also felt Eternatus's presence on the plane.

But I think they dropped this story. Same as Malamars's plot and the "contents of his backpack".

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
The OP is just an OP, don't read to much into it (For example, we got Mega Lucario vs Charizard in the OP, but did it happen... nope).
True, but they also teased it in the Regieleki episode with the 'gigas hologram that appeared at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.