• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
nah watch tinkaton just be in a filler episode where she loses her hammer or something
One of the members of that line will get an episode like that.
Yeah, because hattena, kubfu and toxel lines totally had episodes focused on them.

Also, an "Ash pokemon" it's as relative as a "TR pokemon", you never can guess what exactly they'll give to them.

If I had to guess, charcadet line and klawf look reasonable for Ash, but they could just kick the things up and give him, dunno, roaring moon and iron thorns. I wouldn't mind if he had a tinkaton, but they furiously avoid to give him a more feminine pokemon.

TomRC121991

My thoughts Ash team in S/V was....
  1. Pikachu
  2. Sprigatito
  3. Fuecoco
  4. Quaxly
  5. Teddiursa
  6. Salamence
  7. Dudunsparce
  8. Kilowattrel
  9. Tyranitar
  10. Lokix

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I’m not expecting Ash to have all three starters. The only time that has happened since the OS was in BW, and in that case BW was actively trying to recreate the feel of the OS.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I actually want Ash to get a Corviknight while in Paldea instead. Mainly cause I want the Tinkaton meme of her having an vendetta against Corviknight to be a gag :>
I'm kinda warming to the idea of Ash having a short tank in tinkaton, but corviknight never looked appealing to me as his member. It's cool, but very intimidating.

If the time machine becomes a heavy element in the plot, I'd like to see the hisuian pokemon join the fridge too, but, let's see.

Master Pikachu 11

Yeah, because hattena, kubfu and toxel lines totally had episodes focused on them.

Also, an "Ash pokemon" it's as relative as a "TR pokemon", you never can guess what exactly they'll give to them.

If I had to guess, charcadet line and klawf look reasonable for Ash, but they could just kick the things up and give him, dunno, roaring moon and iron thorns. I wouldn't mind if he had a tinkaton, but they furiously avoid to give him a more feminine pokemon.
They should give him Pokémon that normally wouldn’t be considered as Ash Pokémon and make it to where he has to work with Pokémon that he normally wouldn’t get and actually work on winning battles with any Pokémon

Guy100

Just to make a possible prediction for friday's project mew supposed finale, I've got three scenarios I've speculated in other threads;

Scenario 1) The project mew team raid battle against Mew, but are defeated by Mew, then Mew is about end them until Grookey and Goh somehow manages to calm Mew down enabling Goh to befriend Mew and catch it.

Scenario 2) The project mew team raid battle for Mew, and somehow Goh manages to catch Mew in order to calm it down. He then decides to leave Mew with the Project Mew team while he focuses on his dream to complete the pokedex after accomplishing his goal to catch Mew.

Scenario 3) The project mew team raid battle and lose to Mew. Goh then somehow befriends Mew but is unable to catch it. The project Mew team learn some lesson about how enigmatic of a Pokemon Mew is and realize its best to not capture it and just let it roam as some creatures are best left as a mystery. (THIS SCENARIO WILL NEVER HAPPEN!)

Scenario 4) I can even see the writing staff doing another fake-out, by having the project mew team fail their mission, only for Mew to sneakingly allow Goh to catch him towards the ending of the episode as a surprise by disguising himself as another pokemon Goh had never caught just to surprise him of his capture in the pokedex entry. As a testament middle finger up at the fans that dislike Goh.

Overall, as usual, I don't expect for any of these scenarios to happen as I'm usually wrong and tend to overestimate the story quality of pokemon sometimes.

However, based on following the start and climax of the project mew story, my best prediction is that Goh will catch Mew and may decide to leave it with the Project Mew Team to research it in a humane manner. After all, like Ash, Goh aims to accomplish his goal (catch Mew), and he's also apart of research team which has ambitions to study it. Reminiscing Professor Oak's lecture to Goh to joining project Mew in the beginning, Professor Oak felt it would be a good idea if Goh could share his dream with others (Project Mew).

As for the future of pokemon anime, I expect Ash to continue to travel the world and eventually visit the gen 9 region, while catching more powerful pokemon such as Legendaries and Mythical types. Because Ash is now ranked as the strongest trainer in the PWC tournament, I see no point in the anime continuing the traditional story format of Ash having a starter pokemon or catching regular regional pokemon, especially since he should be more than capable of taming wild legendaries just to show off his tenacity as a Monarch.

I think journey's hinted to this concept becoming part of a future story after showcasing Ash battling and losing to numerous legendries showcased in Journeys (Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres etc) as well with Leon losing to Eternatus.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I mean, the Time Machine might not even be a time machine.
I still question the reason to even have a time machine, but, again, it isn't like they can just add a new time travelling legendary just for that.

I’m not expecting Ash to have all three starters. The only time that has happened since the OS was in BW, and in that case BW was actively trying to recreate the feel of the OS.
I hope he haven't a starter at all. JN team had its problems, but I'm glad he haven't a starter this time. And Paldea looks like to have a good selection, unless Ash is allowed to have past gen pokemon again.

Interesting

The most rocketing Pokemon I see in Gen 9 are

Scovillain, Clodsire,Grafaiai,Tinkaton,Gholdengo and Flamigo

I hope Team Rocket had a new type this gen. And new Pokemon too not that stupid gatcha.
And Farigiraf. That thing is like morpeko, cute, but evil.

BobbbidyBob

Just to make a possible prediction for friday's project mew supposed finale, I've got three scenarios I've speculated in other threads;

Scenario 1) The project mew team raid battle against Mew, but are defeated by Mew, then Mew is about end them until Grookey and Goh somehow manages to calm Mew down enabling Goh to befriend Mew and catch it.

Scenario 2) The project mew team raid battle for Mew, and somehow Goh manages to catch Mew in order to calm it down. He then decides to leave Mew with the Project Mew team while he focuses on his dream to complete the pokedex after accomplishing his goal to catch Mew.

Scenario 3) The project mew team raid battle and lose to Mew. Goh then somehow befriends Mew but is unable to catch it. The project Mew team learn some lesson about how enigmatic of a Pokemon Mew is and realize its best to not capture it and just let it roam as some creatures are best left as a mystery. (THIS SCENARIO WILL NEVER HAPPEN!)

Scenario 4) I can even see the writing staff doing another fake-out, by having the project mew team fail their mission, only for Mew to sneakingly allow Goh to catch him towards the ending of the episode as a surprise by disguising himself as another pokemon Goh had never caught just to surprise him of his capture in the pokedex entry. As a testament middle finger up at the fans that dislike Goh.

Overall, as usual, I don't expect for any of these scenarios to happen as I'm usually wrong and tend to overestimate the story quality of pokemon sometimes.

However, based on following the start and climax of the project mew story, my best prediction is that Goh will catch Mew and may decide to leave it with the Project Mew Team to research it in a humane manner. After all, like Ash, Goh aims to accomplish his goal (catch Mew), and he's also apart of research team which has ambitions to study it. Reminiscing Professor Oak's lecture to Goh to joining project Mew in the beginning, Professor Oak felt it would be a good idea if Goh could share his dream with others (Project Mew).

As for the future of pokemon anime, I expect Ash to continue to travel the world and eventually visit the gen 9 region, while catching more powerful pokemon such as Legendaries and Mythical types. Because Ash is now ranked as the strongest trainer in the PWC tournament, I see no point in the anime continuing the traditional story format of Ash having a starter pokemon or catching regular regional pokemon, especially since he should be more than capable of taming wild legendaries just to show off his tenacity as a Monarch.

I think journey's hinted to this concept becoming part of a future story after showcasing Ash battling and losing to numerous legendries showcased in Journeys (Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres etc) as well with Leon losing to Eternatus.
Yeah, that’s what I had in mind too. Picture Ash battling legendaries on Miraidon’s back wearing a cloak like a KING!

charinija

Pokemon Master
For the first time, I fell in love with all three starters. I hope Ash gets all three starters for the first time if he stays. Ash takes the three starters and they all reach the final stage.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I hope Ash gets all three starters for the first time
But Ash has had all three starters before. It was a long time ago, but Ash had all the Kanto, Johto, and Unova starters during those series.

charinija

Pokemon Master
But Ash has had all three starters before. It was a long time ago, but Ash had all the Kanto, Johto, and Unova starters during those series.

For the first time, I fell in love with all three starters. I hope Ash gets all three starters for the first time if he stays. Ash takes the three starters and they all reach the final stage.
Ash takes the three starters and they all reach the final stage.I wrote what I wanted to say next.

World Turtle

I don't care either way, but I could see them giving Ash all three Paldea starters since he got none of the Galar Starters.

AG: 1
DP: 2
BW: 3
XY: 1
SM: 2
SS: 0
SV: ??

This might not mean anything mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.