• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
If the time machine becomes a heavy element in the plot, I'd like to see the hisuian pokemon join the fridge too, but, let's see.
This is my own personal theory based on the fact we haven't got any news on the next series yet but think there planning a sort of Hisui arc.
Of course there is the possibility that the outcome could be a mix and match of some of these like for instance he gets both a past gen starter and a gen 9 starter and even brings one back.

Or he gets 2 or 3 past gen starters by either catching them and/or bringing them back.
Only way I see Ash with past gen starters is either the next series is still doing the world tour like JN or they receive new evolutions or regional forms.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's nice to dream but there's no way they're going to have all 3 of the Starters reaching their final stage

One of them is going to get the Cute Comedic Relief Unevolved Marketable Starter treatment.

I just don't know which one yet...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I hope he haven't a starter at all. JN team had its problems, but I'm glad he haven't a starter this time. And Paldea looks like to have a good selection, unless Ash is allowed to have past gen pokemon again.

i'm just glad they took a break for once on that, I liked JN's mostly for the fact we couldn't predict so easily what he would get, let alone one of the 3 pokemon that always felt like locks for him, no matter how interesting you could make them there was always the factor to me that "Oh this pokemon is getting a slot because of what it is." But since they broke from it at least once, I don't care if he gets a starter this next time.

We all know Ash would be partnered with Koraidon if either of them, since it’s more “masculine”.. that’s just how the writers work at this point.

Miraidon meanwhile sync's up with Pikachu with it's ability.

But overall i'd be happy if he at least got one of them apposed to just a cyclizar.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
He should get a toedscool

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If Ash is going to have any Pokemon from older generations on his team then he should just use some of his reserves or Pokemon he previously owned again like Primape. His current team that had old fan favorites clearly didn't work out imo.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Hmm looking at presuming that Ash does continue into gen 9 then these are the choices he could do when it comes to getting the starters:

1. Ash gets a gen 9 starter
A. Ash catches one of the gen 9 starters similar to how he only got one starter AG & XY.
B. Ash catches 2 of the gen 9 starters similar to how he only got 2 starters in DP & SM.
C. Ash catches all 3 gen 9 starters similar to how he got all 3 starters in both parts of OS & BW.

2. Ash gets a past gen starter
A. Ash catches a past gen starter that he hasn’t had before.
B. Ash brings back one of the past gen starters he owns.

3. Ash doesn’t get any starters similar to how he didn’t get any starters in JN.

Of course there is the possibility that the outcome could be a mix and match of some of these like for instance he gets both a past gen starter and a gen 9 starter and even brings one back.

Or he gets 2 or 3 past gen starters by either catching them and/or bringing them back.
I can see 2 or 3 happening, either his past starters start to evolve again ( except Bulbasaur, unless "he" and the writer feels it time) or him catching past starters (wild Marshtomp episode was a missed opportunity to showcase Swampert again since Brock probably would not be using his Marshtomp again)
It's nice to dream but there's no way they're going to have all 3 of the Starters reaching their final stage

One of them is going to get the Cute Comedic Relief Unevolved Marketable Starter treatment.

i have a feeling it gonna be Fuecoco, i mean the "biting his trainer" gag and his middle stage, Crocalor just scream comedic relief for some reason as compared to the other 2 starters
If Ash is going to have any Pokemon from older generations on his team then he should just use some of his reserves or Pokemon he previously owned again like Primape. His current team that had old fan favorites clearly didn't work out imo.
i agreed, some of them should have evolved by now but i'm hoping he get Primeape back, used him in Paldea and evolve but i also want to see Ash catches some of the older mon that he should have caught during previous generation series like Zoroark, Tyranitar for example so hoping this time if Ash stay, the writer can somehow balance out his reserve, older mon capture and Gen 9 mons

charinija

Pokemon Master
There is a rocket team in the anime of the new season. If there's a rocket team, Ash has it.

A new anime is completely new, independent of the characters. If Ash retires, Team Rocket will also retire.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Let me guess, Ash wears Florian's clothing and essentially becomes Florian himself just like how he was basically just Elio (but 10,000,000x dumber) in the Alola anime. Oh, joy... I never watched more than a third of the episodes during that generation because I couldn't stand what they did to Ash's character! He was so incredibly and weirdly OoC in Alola, heck, even Original Series Ash and Best Wishes Ash weren't THAT dumb. Also, the strange art style really didn't help either, lol.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Let me guess, Ash wears Florian's clothing and essentially becomes Florian himself just like how he was basically just Elio (but 10,000,000x dumber) in the Alola anime. Oh, joy... I never watched more than a third of the episodes during that generation because I couldn't stand what they did to Ash's character! He was so incredibly and weirdly OoC in Alola, heck, even Original Series Ash and Best Wishes Ash weren't THAT dumb. Also, the strange art style really didn't help either, lol.
I can't really see Ash in a school uniform. Scarlet's outfit is too much of a diversion from what Ash usually wears.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm tired of you two masters of delusionism

Tomorrow is the day. We are going to a funeral.
You are awfully sure of yourself for the little bit of information we have.

At least wait for the official announcements before taking a victory lap.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
You are awfully sure of yourself for the little bit of information we have.

At least wait for the official announcements before taking a victory lap.
It could be my funeral too ha ha sigh.

But this two gentleman think that Ash is taking the second seat and it has been clear that ASH adventures will continue no way he plays second fiddle.

Mythical-Moonlight

So now that Gen 8 is over.

What Pokemon did you guys consider the standouts of Galar?

Imo Cinderace, Inteleon, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish helped carry Galar on their backs

Imo Cinderace, Inteleon, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish helped carry Galar on their backs
Cramorant.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

I see him getting Sprigatito as the one that fully evolves and Fuecoco being the gag mon. Quaxly could go either way.

For the anime or for the entire franchise?

Mythical-Moonlight

I see him getting Sprigatito as the one that fully evolves and Fuecoco being the gag mon. Quaxly could go either way.

For the anime or for the entire franchise?
The anime was on my mind mostly lol
But that could be because the Anime takes up about 70% of this franchise

Also besides SwSh and the Anime, did this Gen even do ANYTHING else with Galar? Every Single thing in Gen 8 besides the aforementioned, seemed more Sinnoh focused than anything

Cramorant.
Oh of course! How could I forget about the almighty?

Status
Not open for further replies.