• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The anime was on my mind mostly lol
But that could be because the Anime takes up about 70% of this franchise
Ah. Well not much besides Go starters and Ash’s Galar duplicate. TRio's Morpeko only made me hate it even more though lmao
Also besides SwSh and the Anime, did this Gen even do ANYTHING else with Galar? Every Single thing in Gen 8 besides the aforementioned, seemed more Sinnoh focused than anything
Best I could think of is Masters. We got Leon as the first of the most rare type of character, about half of the cast is in by now, and they received a lot of alts (3 seasonal events wete Galar only and I think the only other regions to do that is Unova and Johto). Leon and Raihan also appeared in Unite iirc.

UnovaMaster

TIL the last time they had Go capture anything, was literally when he caught Regieleki. Lmao.

Which, again, shows you he's remaining in the episodes because they want to slow down on drawing his new Pokemon for now

Seeing Mew again will probably make him hyper enough to catch like 50 new mons in 2023 though

Guy100

Just to make a possible prediction for friday's project mew supposed finale, I've got three scenarios I've speculated in other threads;

Scenario 1) The project mew team raid battle against Mew, but are defeated by Mew, then Mew is about end them until Grookey and Goh somehow manages to calm Mew down enabling Goh to befriend Mew and catch it.

Scenario 2) The project mew team raid battle for Mew, and somehow Goh manages to catch Mew in order to calm it down. He then decides to leave Mew with the Project Mew team while he focuses on his dream to complete the pokedex after accomplishing his goal to catch Mew.

Scenario 3) The project mew team raid battle and lose to Mew. Goh then somehow befriends Mew but is unable to catch it. The project Mew team learn some lesson about how enigmatic of a Pokemon Mew is and realize its best to not capture it and just let it roam as some creatures are best left as a mystery. (THIS SCENARIO WILL NEVER HAPPEN!)

Scenario 4) I can even see the writing staff doing another fake-out, by having the project mew team fail their mission, only for Mew to sneakingly allow Goh to catch him towards the ending of the episode as a surprise by disguising himself as another pokemon Goh had never caught just to surprise him of his capture in the pokedex entry. As a testament middle finger up at the fans that dislike Goh.

Overall, as usual, I don't expect for any of these scenarios to happen as I'm usually wrong and tend to overestimate the story quality of pokemon sometimes.

However, based on following the start and climax of the project mew story, my best prediction is that Goh will catch Mew and may decide to leave it with the Project Mew Team to research it in a humane manner. After all, like Ash, Goh aims to accomplish his goal (catch Mew), and he's also apart of research team which has ambitions to study it. Reminiscing Professor Oak's lecture to Goh to joining project Mew in the beginning, Professor Oak felt it would be a good idea if Goh could share his dream with others (Project Mew).

As for the future of pokemon anime, I expect Ash to continue to travel the world and eventually visit the gen 9 region, while catching more powerful pokemon such as Legendaries and Mythical types. Because Ash is now ranked as the strongest trainer in the PWC tournament, I see no point in the anime continuing the traditional story format of Ash having a starter pokemon or catching regular regional pokemon, especially since he should be more than capable of taming wild legendaries just to show off his tenacity as a Monarch.

I think journey's hinted to this concept becoming part of a future story after showcasing Ash battling and losing to numerous legendries showcased in Journeys (Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres etc) as well with Leon losing to Eternatus.

Well, I guess Scenario 3 came true after all. I remember saying Project Mew was a sinking ship, and its was portraited on a wall in Ash's hotel room as a prelude.

Guess this could mean that Goh will be departing from this series.

DuskAstral

I think Gou will probably stay.
If he really did leave, what would be the point of the developers to consider him as the official protagonist?

UnovaMaster

Some things to think about here

If Goh wants to imitate Ash's journey, then Goh may train a team of just six Pokemon next time

Pokemon Go's app purpose is to slowly transition people into the main franchise games, ie. Goh just got transitioned into wanting to play like Ash

I think the execs are going to test how popular Goh is when he adheres to the standard formula Ash follows, his haters will hush when they're fed the recycled thing they are used to

Ash can do legendary catching instead of battling (literally what else would the next part of a Pokemon Master be)

DuskAstral

I think there's an increasing chance that Paldea will get a region rotation. let's see:
- no announcement of a new series
- Team Rocket trying to catch Paldea starters
- the title of episode 136 (it suggests a new adventure, and Paldea is the most appropriate).

charinija

Pokemon Master
I don't like Goh either. But Goh is someone who should be kept in the story. I look at Goh as the New Brock.

The problem is not Goh. You need to put someone with a target next to Ash and Goh. A new competitor performer. Goh's story is boring. Someone just throwing pokeballs should have been 3rd person.

Chole could be for example. The writers used the Chole as a side piece. It was the wrong one.

So the problem is not Goh. For example, if Ash and Brock hadn't been with May and Dawn.
only Brock would be boring too.

What I want is for them to put someone who has just turned 10 with the same goal as Ash. Ash will be both his friend and mentor. The new kid will fight in Gyms while Ash will fight in tournaments like Pwc.

Guy100

I speculate episode 136 of the Journey's series to happen in at least 5 scenarios;

Scenario 1) Goh tells Ash his ambitions to travel on a journey, and thinks Ash will not want to go with him, only for Ash to tag along, thus they both embark together on a new adventure.

Scenario 2) Goh tells Ash his ambitions to travel, Ash supports Goh's decision, but Goh gets emotional of leaving Ash. Just as Ash and Goh seemingly are about to Goh their separate way, Chloe's dad or Professor Oak informs the duo about some new discoveries in the Paldea region, and this motivates Ash and Goh to continue on as research fellows again, while embarking to a new region and other areas around the world.

Scenario 3) Goh tells Ash his ambition to travel on his own, Ash cheers Goh on, but also reveals to Goh that he (Ash) was invited to visit the Paldea region which is where he will be heading next. Goh then reveals that the Paldea region was the region he intended to travel to as well, and they embark on a journey together.

Scenario 4) Ash and Goh go their seperate ways, with Ash somehow deciding to head towards the Paldea region, after deciding he wants to travel to different regions of the world. Professor Oak or Chole's dad will somehow steer Ash toward a new regional direction.

Scenario 5) Ash and Goh each go their separate ways. Right before Ash sets off, he meets Lugia again and captures it. Lugia becomes Ash's new mode of transportation to venture to newer regions, which he reluctantly goes to the Paldea region by chance. Once in Paldea, he meets Goh again. (THE MOST UNLIKELY SCENARIO)

My biggest speculation so far for a new adventure arc is for Ash to now catch legendaries and mythical pokemon.

Now that Ash is a world champion, he's now like a kid filling in the shoes of a mature adult, which means the pokemon story board writers will now half to up the stakes of his challenges and training if he's to get closer toward his dream. With that said, I dont see a real purpose of Ash catching typical regional pokemon or getting a starter, since he's no longer a novice or intermediate level trainer.

From what we've seen so far in Journey's, besides pokemon trainer battles, legendary pokemon battles are showcased as a grandiose training regimen for strong trainers, and very few trainers are able to defeat mythical and legendary pokemon in battle, especially those that are titan level, such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Mew etc. I'm hoping Ash catches a team of legendaries and mythical pokemon in the new journey story.

My prediction is that Ash's new team will consist of the following;
1) Pikachu,
2) Entei or the new Gen 9 Ancient Area Zero Legendary Beast Pokemon ,
3) Lugia
4) Zarude
5) Latias
6) Wo-Chien ( The Dracovish of the Group)

These predictions probably wont happen, but oh-boy if it does.

BobbbidyBob

I speculate episode 136 of the Journey's series to happen in at least 5 scenarios;

Scenario 1) Goh tells Ash his ambitions to travel on a journey, and thinks Ash will not want to go with him, only for Ash to tag along, thus they both embark together on a new adventure.

Scenario 2) Goh tells Ash his ambitions to travel, Ash supports Goh's decision, but Goh gets emotional of leaving Ash. Just as Ash and Goh seemingly are about to Goh their separate way, Chloe's dad or Professor Oak informs the duo about some new discoveries in the Paldea region, and this motivates Ash and Goh to continue on as research fellows again, while embarking to a new region and other areas around the world.

Scenario 3) Goh tells Ash his ambition to travel on his own, Ash cheers Goh on, but also reveals to Goh that he (Ash) was invited to visit the Paldea region which is where he will be heading next. Goh then reveals that the Paldea region was the region he intended to travel to as well, and they embark on a journey together.

Scenario 4) Ash and Goh go their seperate ways, with Ash somehow deciding to head towards the Paldea region, after deciding he wants to travel to different regions of the world. Professor Oak or Chole's dad will somehow steer Ash toward a new regional direction.

Scenario 5) Ash and Goh each go their separate ways. Right before Ash sets off, he meets Lugia again and captures it. Lugia becomes Ash's new mode of transportation to venture to newer regions, which he reluctantly goes to the Paldea region by chance. Once in Paldea, he meets Goh again. (THE MOST UNLIKELY SCENARIO)

My biggest speculation so far for a new adventure arc is for Ash to now catch legendaries and mythical pokemon.

Now that Ash is a world champion, he's now like a kid filling in the shoes of a mature adult, which means the pokemon story board writers will now half to up the stakes of his challenges and training if he's to get closer toward his dream. With that said, I dont see a real purpose of Ash catching typical regional pokemon or getting a starter, since he's no longer a novice or intermediate level trainer.

From what we've seen so far in Journey's, besides pokemon trainer battles, legendary pokemon battles are showcased as a grandiose training regimen for strong trainers, and very few trainers are able to defeat mythical and legendary pokemon in battle, especially those that are titan level, such as Mewtwo, Lugia, Mew etc. I'm hoping Ash catches a team of legendaries and mythical pokemon in the new journey story.

1) Pikachu,
3) Lugia
4) Zarude
5) Latias

I would love for that to happen in Ash’s story! Seems like the more unlikely the scenario the more likely it is to happen in Journeys lol

Trainer Micah

1) Pikachu,
3) Lugia
4) Zarude
5) Latias

Or not I'm thinking scenario 4 will be my answer. Reason i think somewhere in a upcoming previews i think somewhere Ash has changed into his new uniform *hinting it as he has changed* while the professor before tells him (Ash) about Paldea.

As for Ash catching a team of legendaries and mythical pokemon in the new journey story although i would love to see it happen i don't think it will i mean if Ash captures something new we'll see Ash get newer pokemon even doing the Terastal phenomenon to master it. And i know if Ash'll do the gyms but it'll be nice to look forward too.

As for Ash's team hm?

1. Pikachu
  2. Will see on *hinting it won't be a legendary or mythical pokemon * similar to some of the previous series i believe Ash should get something similar to Bug Fighting Flying Water Dark Grass Dragon - Seeing these ideal's below: v v
  3. Fuecoco - Something tells me this'll be his starter but similar to Hoenn i hope he keeps it and evolves it fully..
  4. Mawile - Something similar to Lucario i also hope it can Terastal similar to mega evolving but give Ash something new to master on
  5. Corviknight - Or Braviary providing if he doesn't get this pokemon first in idea if it happens i can switch it for later on on the top 2nd pokemon similar to Sirfetch'd could be cool looking even mastering different moves depending on the moves it learns...
  6. Wildcard

1. Butterfree - I know it got released
  2. Heracross
  3. Swellow
  4. Staraptor
  5. Unfezant
  6. Greninja - Which i know got released
  7. Rowlet
  8. Dragonite
  9. This one'll be something new to the ideal regardless it's elemental type that it'll learn as Ash's first newer pokemon for Paldea in ideal in thoughts of course will we see it being similar to something old but a new edition to his team?
Wild card - Will see on unfortunately i don't yet but as i said before this'll change depending on what (Ash) He may get all we gotta do is wait til it happens so wait and find out.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
I am so bored… Ash, Goh, and prob Chloe will continue on. Wishing and hopping and complaining here is tiresome. “I want A or B” is not speculation, it is fan fiction.

desdar300

Some things to think about here

If Goh wants to imitate Ash's journey, then Goh may train a team of just six Pokemon next time

Pokemon Go's app purpose is to slowly transition people into the main franchise games, ie. Goh just got transitioned into wanting to play like Ash

I think the execs are going to test how popular Goh is when he adheres to the standard formula Ash follows, his haters will hush when they're fed the recycled thing they are used to

Ash can do legendary catching instead of battling (literally what else would the next part of a Pokemon Master be)
That would have made sense almost 4 years ago, but as an app it's already done that since scarlet and violet have already become the biggest launches of any game of all time and before that it was swsh and before that it was SM.

Bulu likes pepsi

I hope Goh will stay, as much of a Gary Stu as he is. But idk what will Ash do... He could start destructuring Team Rocket or something while Goh starts challenging gyms in Paldea or goes to school...

It's really hard, it doesnt seem like Paldea has contests so that option is out. It's really obvious that anipoke at this point probably relies on mobile games just as much as the core games.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I hope Goh will stay, as much of a Gary Stu as he is. But idk what will Ash do... He could start destructuring Team Rocket or something while Goh starts challenging gyms in Paldea or goes to school...

It's really hard, it doesnt seem like Paldea has contests so that option is out. It's really obvious that anipoke at this point probably relies on mobile games just as much as the core games.
Ash gets asked by Geeta to come compete with champions, but also be a mentor in progress. At the end of Paldea, he becomes the dean of the school.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

Gou really can't work outside of a saga focused on all the regions.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years

How laughable... you rely that this show have to be good written. The Team Rocket problem shpould have been solved this season. But they never pull the trigger. They tried in Unova for some reason...

Gou really can't work outside of a saga focused on all the regions.
That's a really risky opinion, It can work if it's put some effort.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Ash gets asked by Geeta to come compete with champions, but also be a mentor in progress. At the end of Paldea, he becomes the dean of the school.

There is more chance that he becomes the new Dean Martin that the dean of school

My god the anime will be a joy to watch with people like you writting it.

Not cause it's well written because it's so bad that it needs to be seen to believe it's so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.