• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
That's a really risky opinion, It can work if it's put some effort.
Gou's not a person who likes being boxed in. He prefers having the freedom to explore where he wants, and besides, his ultimate obsession Mew got nothing new in SV.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Gou really can't work outside of a saga focused on all the regions.
Goh absolutely could work in a series focused only on a single region. He does not need a Journeys-style multi-region setup to work.

It worked for this generation because of his goal and how it’s evolved with Project Mew. But a single region story could easily work if it focused on Goh partnering with a regional professor to learn about something region-specific or was more character-driven.

They’re fictional characters. They’re malleable and they, or the story, can be made to fit whatever the staff wants to do.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Goh absolutely could work in a series focused only on a single region. He does not need a Journeys-style multi-region setup to work.

It worked for this generation because of his goal and how it’s evolved with Project Mew. But a single region story could easily work if it focused on Goh partnering with a regional professor to learn about something region-specific or was more character-driven.

They’re fictional characters. They’re malleable and they, or the story, can be made to fit whatever the staff wants to do.
However, Paldea has nothing to offer him considering his ultimate obsession, which is Mew. The only region where he would work in a single region setup is Kanto because that's where Mew originated from.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
However, Paldea has nothing to offer him considering his ultimate obsession, which is Mew. The only region where he would work in a single region setup is Kanto because that's where Mew originated from.
You’re missing the point again, and on multiple levels this time.

Just because Goh is ultimately focused on Mew doesn’t mean they can’t find something for him in Paldea if the staff wanted to carry him forward into whatever the next thing is. They absolutely can. Characters aren’t static things - they’re malleable and can change, grow, or shift to fit whatever they want to do with the show.

You have to stop thinking about characters as static, unchanging entities.

Second, Mew doesn’t originate in Kanto. As we just saw in this last episode, Mew was found on an island near Hoenn. And it’s heavily implied that Mew lives here. And the original Gen1 lore said Mew was from South America.

So Goh could go anywhere in his pursuit of Mew.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
If Goh and Chloe go with Ash to Paldea, which I think they will I would like all three to get a starter.

Ash - Fuecoco
Goh - Quaxly
Chloe - Sprigatito

There is plenty in Paldea for all of them to do.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If Goh and Chloe go with Ash to Paldea, which I think they will I would like all three to get a starter.

Ash - Fuecoco
Goh - Quaxly
Chloe - Sprigatito

Ash: Gym Challenge
Goh: Titans
Chloe: Team Star/School

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
He doesn't need to challenge the gyms, but nothing stop him to fight some of the leaders and/or the Team Star bosses.

He didn't battle the whole Galar gym set, but fought Bea, Opal and Raihan.

- Cues to Eri be an Ash fan and the only person in Paldea who watched the PWC (she started to train a lucario because of him).-

Go could investigate the Paradox 'mons and be suspect about the professors, assuming we have both professors.

Chloe can stay away, since Penny would be the obligatory eevee user. Also, it would be somewhat new the "evil team" boss be a companion.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Seeing Fuecoco animated really makes me want it on the main cast.. but.. I just really dislike Skeledirge.

Hopefully they can manage the line skilfully so that we can see plenty of the little baby.

nickdt

Ash - Fuecoco
Goh - Quaxly
Chloe - Sprigatito

I personally have the feeling Ash is getting Quaxly... since he hasn't gotten the water starter for two generations now. However... i wouldn't mind him getting all three, with Fuecoco being the one that remains unevolved (Since Ash has yet to get a Fire starter that remain base stage).

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I don’t like the pop out butt of the fully evolved form of Quaxly
It makes me wonder what that being's skeletal structure looks like. How does the poor thing even lie down comfortably with that sort of skeleton?

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Why? (Curious)
Why I dislike it? I just think it’s over designed and its body isn’t smooth enough. If it didn’t have the angled body and was a bit less.. eh, then I’d probably actually really like it. I really like it’s first two forms, but I dunno, Skeledirge just wasn’t what I expected. I think I expect more from the actual designers because the fanart is so good..

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
since they seem to like giving Ash at least one Dragon type on his roster since XY....gimme the Baxcalibur line there lul.
Personally, I'd go for roaring moon. Or just no dragon at all, he had enough on the latest arcs. Unless the cover legendaries are obligatory in the anime too.

If he have a Paldea only team, my guesses would be:

Pikachu
Clawf
Tinkaton line
Charcadet line
Farigiraf
Finizen line
Hisuian sneasel (time machine shenanigans)

No starters, honestly, they are worse than the previous set. I'd like a mixed team again, with pokemon from previous gens (bar Kanto), but more representatives from the current region.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Give Ash a tatsugiri.

Status
Not open for further replies.