• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Macro Cosmos arc was bad. Not Magma vs Aqua BAD, but, still. Even Nihilego and Necrozma arcs in SM were more creative.

If anything, I'm waiting for both professors appearing as Arven's parents, but, whatever comes from these, I don’t know.

I'm almost sure Nemona will be as annoying as in the games.

Last edited:

World Turtle

tbh it would be kind of funny if Ash got all three again after TRio tried and failed to get them. They don't find out till after Ash has caught all three and upon seeing them with Ash they get pissed off at him much to Ash's confusion.

tbh after Ash caught Dracovish I've become open to anything.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I can see Ash with Fuecoco but tbh I'm kinda hoping he skips over this Gen's Starters too

I like Meowscarada, Skeledirge and Quaquaval but I have trouble seeing Ash with any of them

I can see Ash with Floragato tho
eh, they're probably never going to have Ash own mons that aren't fully evolved again, and by that; I mean never fully evolving all the way, would have to go all the way.

And frankly, I actually hope they don't have him get starters again this time around as well. Mainly because the lack of starters opened up more potential variety in his roster in comparison to where we had Ash mainly own a starter or two and then after that, it's the actual proper guessing game. But since Journeys never gave him one, it would be a good opportunity to do it again since the community can have a proper guessing game on what they could dump onto his roster.

Although in my POV, the starters are unfortunately some of the few Paldean mons that could hypothetically work on the roster. Despite Paldea debuting over 100 new mons.

Decidueye23

My ideal team for ash with whats beeb revealed so far would be

Peakachu
Ceruledge
Meowscarada
Tinkaton
Iron valiant
Roaring moon

Koraidon as a buddy that he eventually captures.
Funnily enough thsi really mimics his JN team

Ceruledge - Lucario
Meowscarada - Gengar
Tinkaton - Sirfetchd
Iron Valiant - dracovish ( both are fusions of two pokemon lol)
Roaring moon - Dragonite

Master Pikachu 11

I can see Ash with Fuecoco but tbh I'm kinda hoping he skips over this Gen's Starters too

I like Meowscarada, Skeledirge and Quaquaval but I have trouble seeing Ash with any of them

I can see Ash with Floragato tho
If he wants to be a Pokémon Master then he should be able to work with and win with any fully evolve mon not just mons that are fast.
Anyway, I want to see him finally have all three fully evolve starters on his team for a change. I’m tired of seeing one of the starters stay in their base stage. Let Ash be like Leon and have all three Paldea starters be in their final stage.

Bulu likes pepsi

Peakachu
Ceruledge
Meowscarada
Tinkaton
Iron valiant
Roaring moon

Ceruledge - Lucario
Meowscarada - Gengar
Tinkaton - Sirfetchd
Roaring moon - Dragonite
I'd like Ash to get one of Tinkaton and Iron Valiant, but not both at the same time.

Also I don't feel like Roaring Moon suits Ash that much, if you look at the dragons he's captured so far, they tend to have a friendly rather than vicious nature.

Either way I just want him to get a fairy-type pokemon ffs. While Iron Valiant would be a great option I wouldn't be surprised if they continue the JN formula and have Ash catch Pokemon from past generations. If that's the case, I think Clefable would be a prime candidate for Ash's fairy-type.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Anyway, I want to see him finally have all three fully evolve starters on his team for a change. I’m tired of seeing one of the starters stay in their base stage. Let Ash be like Leon and have all three Paldea starters be in their final stage.
You can blame marketing and people's obsessions with Pokemon staying small and cute on that one.

The only way we're ever gonna get 3 fully evolved Starters on a main cast is if all 3 of the Final Stages are more popular than their Base Forms. Closest we ever got to that was Hoenn but Swampert couldn't make it sadly

Compared to last Gen where I could tell that Cinderace and Inteleon were very popular compared to their base forms, I have absolutely NO idea how popular Meowscarada, Skeledirge and Quaquaval are compared to their base forms.

Meowscarada seems to have a lot of fanart but until we an actual popularity poll result, I can't say for sure

Bulu likes pepsi

Meowscarada is significantly more popular than the other two and I feel like Skeledirge is the least popular. Which is a shame, because I find it significantly more appealing than Quaquaval, which is one of the ugliest pokemon I've ever seen...

I'd prefer Meowscarada, but I can see Ash with a Skeledirge as well. But I'd still want to see him with one or two feminine Pokemon tbh. I feel like the writers giving Ash an Eevee is imminent at this point, given how much they're promoting it as the second mascot.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Also I don't feel like Roaring Moon suits Ash that much, if you look at the dragons he's captured so far, they tend to have a friendly rather than vicious nature.
Ehh, as spoken by Master Pikachu, if Ash true wants to be a Pokémon Masters, he have to learn how to use a Pokémon with a vicious nature like Roaring Moon as there is a tight difference between him learning to work with a disobedient Mon compared to a Pokémon with a vicious nature.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Meowscarada is significantly more popular than the other two and I feel like Skeledirge is the least popular. Which is a shame, because I find it significantly more appealing than Quaquaval, which is one of the ugliest pokemon I've ever seen...

I'd prefer Meowscarada, but I can see Ash with a Skeledirge as well. But I'd still want to see him with one or two feminine Pokemon tbh. I feel like the writers giving Ash an Eevee is imminent at this point, given how much they're promoting it as the second mascot.
I've seen most people call Skeledirge badass so I don't know where you're getting that it's the least popular

Decidueye23

I've seen most people call Skeledirge badass so I don't know where you're getting that it's the least popular
Yeah i think out of all the ones skeliderge > meowscarada >>>>> quaqueval seems tl be the general outlook. Although i personally perfer meowscarada.

Bulu likes pepsi

The Tinkatuff line would be the ideal line for Ash: female exclusive, not too cute looking and fairly (sorry for the pun) strong.

I just realized that every JN mon but Dracovish and Sirfetch’d are available in Paldea. So I can him doing a Jotho scenario: using his JN Team and catching new Pokemon as well,fully evolved that is.
Tbh i want all of his pokemon to get Oak'd. But I'm afraid they're gonna keep Lucario. That pokemon is taken straight out of fanfiction.

Another fairy type pokemon for Ash could be Sylveon, because I feel like Ash will eventually have an eevee.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
Nah the JN pokemon are getting dumped for sure. He literally just said he wants to go on a journey with pikachu alone, so his pokemon are either getting oaked or sakuragi'd
He also said that he won't see his reserves in a while. Literally the worst trainer ever, why the **** would you leave more powerful Pokemon to rot in a lab?

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
He also said that he won't see his reserves in a while. Literally the worst trainer ever, why the **** would you leave more powerful Pokemon to rot in a lab?
Well in another perspective, there is a slight chance we might see them again or being used by Ash in the Paldea anime.

Nah the JN pokemon are getting dumped for sure. He literally just said he wants to go on a journey with pikachu alone, so his pokemon are either getting oaked or sakuragi'd
I don't want them staying at Cerise Lab, bring all of them back to Oaks lab that is including Mimey also . I hated it up till now that his Alolan team should have stayed in Oaks lab. Let Cerise lab be a hub for Goh Pokémon

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Peakachu
Ceruledge
Meowscarada
Tinkaton
Iron valiant
Roaring moon

Ceruledge - Lucario
Meowscarada - Gengar
Tinkaton - Sirfetchd
Roaring moon - Dragonite
Ye ngl, I'm actually preferring Ceruledge for Ash instead of Armarouge. Mainly because they may want to have Mela showcase Armarouge instead due to Charlos the Charcadet.
I'd like Ash to get one of Tinkaton and Iron Valiant, but not both at the same time.

Either way I just want him to get a fairy-type pokemon ffs. While Iron Valiant would be a great option I wouldn't be surprised if they continue the JN formula and have Ash catch Pokemon from past generations. If that's the case, I think Clefable would be a prime candidate for Ash's fairy-type.
Ehh, as spoken by Master Pikachu, if Ash true wants to be a Pokémon Masters, he have to learn how to use a Pokémon with a vicious nature like Roaring Moon as there is a tight difference between him learning to work with a disobedient Mon compared to a Pokémon with a vicious nature.
Eh the real issue in having Roaring Moon on Ash's roster is when or if they'll debut the thing. Not really in terms of the thing being a violent and aggressive being, which do note that all Paradox mons are essentially confirmed to be highly aggressive.

Although barring your Koraidon pal from Day 1 who in comparison is very tame and meek.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.