• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
It wicks cuz I knew he was going to leave after he won against the two pants man.
And then we had that interview with someone that said it is not Ash’s last journey so I thought he was going to stay…. Crying
I'm with you girl, we can cry together for the new few months </3

IcySealeo

It's going to be weird for everyone. They are taking the highest risk they could take. Writing off a 25-years character, that symbols the whole franchise more than any other thing else, is a big hit, and I'm not sure how secure they were in this decision. They will never have an "Ash" character again, those two new character will never be Ash (well, for start, they have to be on screen for decades), but Ash was there when the whole Pokemon mania started, actually it is one of the reasons it became such a hit. Image-wise, it is a HUGE hit. Even those who stopped watching the anime, or even taking any interest in the franchise (games as well), think that Pokemon is over, they don't care about new characters - when Ash is gone, Pokemon is gone. You probably have to be 6 years old to not get too familiar with Ash and make the connection between him and the franchise. But then again, this is their audience, this is who THEY think is their only audience.

As for the Journeys series - it is now clear that they knew right from the beginning it's going to be Ash's last ride. Looking back, they could have done more and also better things so we could cherish everything we've seen of Ash over the years. Taking a look at some of the episodes, and I can't believe they are actually part of Ash's last saga (an episode about Goh's Flabebe???)

charinija

Pokemon Master
It wicks cuz I knew he was going to leave after he won against the two pants man.
And then we had that interview with someone that said it is not Ash’s last journey so I thought he was going to stay…. Crying

Ash will always be in our hearts. We will never see a ketchup-loving Pikachu again.

kickachu

Momentai!
look at Goku even though gt was canon by the time he left with shebron he and his friends returned in a special and later on in a new series called dragon ball super

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
According to the final poster, it is official, despite Ash never have had them in pokeballs. Also, ambipom is apparently considered his again.
sort of weird they seem to consider Larvitar and Solgaleo his lmao.

Red and Blue

Dun(dun)sparce
I've thought about this a few times over the years/decades and I honestly think Ho-Oh
would make for a great final capture, it would be a great way to bring his journey with
Pikachu full circle.
Latias?

What poster? There is nothing on the front page.
Great choices. Out of the three I'd probably go with Latias since its a capture I've wanted to happen since he caught Dragonite

World Turtle

Great choices. Out of the three I'd probably go with Latias since its a capture I've wanted to happen since he caught Dragonite

Well Latias was in the trailer and Ash was in his JN clothes while riding her. So I guess she'll be showing up during this final chapter mini-series.

EDIT: I legit want a "what Ash could have captured list". All the possibilities they could have considered but didn't make the cut. I would love to know. You know for trivia/reference/fanfic purposes.

Last edited:

kickachu

Momentai!
Also on serebii home page it didn't say anything about the mini series being about ash leaving and two remember before journeys officially came out and the first trailer showed past starters and galar starters and ash was revealed to be in it I think they put two new main characters there to get things hyped up thibgs up like last time

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Also on serebii home page it didn't say anything about the mini series being about ash leaving and two remember before journeys officially came out and the first trailer showed past starters and galar starters and ash was revealed to be in it I think they put two new main characters there to get things hyped up thibgs up like last time
It's literally promoted as Ash's final story.

Status
Not open for further replies.