• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

kickachu

Momentai!
I feel the mini seeies isn't enough for a conclusion for ash heck he hasn't met his father

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Like I said before, I am hoping that throughout the last 11 Episode, Ash capture and receiving the Mon he never caught during his 25 years journey ending in the final episode with with either

1) A teenage Ash with Pikachu, running towards his reserves in Oaks lab, acting as the narrator, thanking us the fans for following him thought out his journey and wished us all the best as his journey ends with picture of Ash seating on the glass with all of his mon

or

2) An elderly Ash, seating in a bench at Oak lab, reuniting and watching all his mons (Alola one and the released mon) and jokes with Pikachu that he is the only one left that stayed the same throughout all the years as every of his mons had fully evolve with Pikachu evolving into Raichu after accidently touches the Thunderstone and Ash journey ends with him facing Raichu and both of them smiling with each others.
ye ngl, if they're gonna make Ash go out with a bang in these final episodes, make his reserves evolve. Offscreen or not.
i agree with you. Pikachu too if Ash aren't coming back for cameo. An teenage Ash/ elderly Ash finally having Raichu make a good closure for his journey. I'm hoping he gets back Squirtle, Pidgeot, Primeape, Greninja, Goodra too. No point having them as released mon if Ash is gone

I'm thinking, that the writers are trying to see if people accepts the the new MC and if both of them flop hard then chances are Ash coming back again ala Alain style to balance out some stuff

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Then so what. Ash's father has never been as important as the fandom pretends he is. If they meet? That's great. The fans get what they've been waiting for. If they don't? Well, c'est la vie. There are other, more relevant characters they could be focusing on.

MegaSalamence05

Up until Movie 19 things are treated as canon except for exceptions

M01 - Canon - several episodes are involved
M02 - Canon - Ash's first encounter with Lugia and direct reference speaking with Richie about meeting Lugia in the Orange Islands
M03 - Canon - The only other known time Ash has encountered Unknown prior to Ep263. Was during this film.
Mewtwo Returns - Canon - AG115 Brock references Giovanni who he hasn't met in person yet. (The memory of Giovanni to our heroes is erased). Mewtwo still remains. Movie 16 also correlates this with Ash recognizes Mewtwo.
M04 - Canon - AG155 - Celebi's debut in the anime. The only time both Ash and Brock knew of Celebi's existence was during this film.
M05 - Canon -DP189 - Tobias sends out Latios to battle against Ash. The only prior time Ash and Brock knew of this Pokemon's existence was during this film.
M06 - Canon - BW132 - Jirachi's first appearance in the anime. Ash recognizes Jirachi. The only prior time Ash knew of this Pokemon's existence was during this film.
M07 - Canon - AG180 It's revealed that Drew's hometown is LaRousse city. The setting of this film. AG171 the 2 part Deoxys special. The Pokemon Ranger uses Professor Lund's research to help capture this Pokemon.
M08 - Canon - Ash's Aura abilities are revealed in this film. In DP066 Lucario's anime debut, Ash recognizes this Pokemon and the only prior time he's encountered it was during this film.
M09 - Maybe - This one is very suspect. As it's Chatot who's the link. In AG184 Ash doesn't recognize the Pokemon but Max and Brock do.
M010 - Canon - Ash recognizes Darkrai while up against Tobias. As well as in DP104 Dawn uses her Lunar Wing that she purchased during the film.
M011 -Canon - DP168. Marleys debut along with the anime debut of Shaymin. Ash, Dawn and Brock recognize the Pokemon's existence the only prior time was during this film.
M012 - Canon -Arceus' debut. DP169 the debut of Heatran Ash recognizes the Pokemon's existence. The other time was in Journeys believe it or not JN090 where Ash and Dawn speak whether to involve Arceus. The only time two times they met this Pokemon was during the 4 part Arceus special as well as during this film. The lone contradiction here was Team Rocket knowing of Heatran's existence when they didn't travel back in time to meet it. (DP169). Ash also recognizes Giratina referencing the prior events that took place.
M013 - Maybe - Zorua/Zoroark - Ash tries to speak on Zorua and Zoroark's existence but both instances Cilan cuts him off and its ambiguous.
M014 - Is non-canon because in BW110 Iris explains that she wants to meet Zekrom/Reshiram because they're the fabled legends of Unova speaking with N. Unfortunately she's already met them prior to this episode. The split movie also being detrimental to its canonicity. (I personally treat the Zekrom movie as Canon because of BW001 to conclude that plot line. what other reason is Zekrom so attached to Pikachu to look for it).
M015 - Maybe - Unfortunately no concrete evidence yet but with Keldeo, Kyurem, Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion not making appearances in the anime up until Tokio's capture of Virizion. Ash hasn't met Tokio's Virizion and probably never will so he can't acknowledge yes or no if he knows of the Pokemon's existence.
M016 - Canon - Teasing of the Genesect army prior to this film coupled with the Genesect's army reveal in BW119. Ash also knows of Mewtwo's existence but is cut of by Mewtwo's monologue.
M017 - Non-Canon - XY123 is Carbink's debut unfortunately the group doesn't recognize this Pokemon's existence. Coupled with Xerneas' anime debut in Xy041 near the end of the Summer Camp arc with Shauna, Trevor and Teirno. They don't recognize Xerneas but its ambiguous because of the fog.
M018 - It's ambiguous. As Arceus is heavily important in the plot line of the film. Ash recognizes the Pokemon's existence but because of M012 that's where that correlation comes into play. As Hoopa hasn't debuted in the Main Anime just yet it falls in the same category as Movie 15.
M019 - Its Non-Canon because of Squishy being able to transform into Zygarde complete form without Z2. As it's revealed during the Team Flare Arc that Multiple Zygarde Cores have to be in agreement to transform into this form. SM127- Ash doesn't recognize Magearna so its non-canon
---------------

12 Movies - Canon (I treat M01 and Mewtwo Returns as 1 complete film)
3 - Non Canon
5 - Maybe

Last edited:

Guy100

Still cant believe the series is ending, with Ash no longer being adapted into the new series. If this was gonna be the finale, they could have least ended it with Ash catching that Lugia. Its just aggravating seeing past characters own legendaries, including Gary, except for Ash.

I guess when the voice actor of Ash mentioned his journey is still continuing and that he's half way to becoming a pokemon master, she must have been refereing to the upcoming new special anime.

Looks like Pokemon is taking the Yugioh route, and I dont think its gonna work well by just making ongoing new series with multi-protagonist.

As I mentioned before, I'm just gonna ride out the final 11 special episodes before my final goodbye to the anime.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Still cant believe the series is ending, with Ash no longer being adapted into the new series. If this was gonna be the finale, they could have least ended it with Ash catching that Lugia. Its just aggravating seeing past characters own legendaries, including Gary, except for Ash.

I guess when the voice actor of Ash mentioned his journey is still continuing and that he's half way to becoming a pokemon master, she must have been refereing to the upcoming new special anime.

Looks like Pokemon is taking the Yugioh route, and I dont think its gonna work well by just making ongoing new series with multi-protagonist.

As I mentioned before, I'm just gonna ride out the final 11 special episodes before my final goodbye to the anime.
I don't really get why Ash having a bunch of legendaries matters that much. He has a legendary Pikachu himself that is one of the strongest pokemon in the world.

MegaSalamence05

Just pointing this out but it was confirmed that movies 1-19 were canon to the main series.
I know I'm just putting it out there for people who don't know is all. The ones that I put in the exceptions is because in anime world connectivity.

Nothing has connected those movies. (I know the directors have spoken on this topic and clarified 1-19 is canon).

Guy100

Speculation time for the 11 episode spoiler of Ash and Pikachu's send off;

I'm just wondering can we expect new pokemon captures, more battles, and some legendary encounters, specifically with Ash meeting Ho-Oh again, battling Mewtwo and seeing his father and grandfather.

Many fans suspect Ash to catch a Latias during the special, which is fine, but I'm hoping he catches something better or iconic to give Ash the feel of world champ.

I was literally hoping the writers would have him catch Lugia, but alas, I was let down. Yet they give Goh the iconic Suicune.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Like we know that's M05 Latias. It can't be anyone different.
His lucario have the same japanese voice actor as Sir Aaron's and yet they aren't the same.

It doesn’t need to be the same latias and the scenary sure implies they are fleeing from some random forest, not in Alto Mare. It is a different latias.

Speculation time for the 11 episode spoiler of Ash and Pikachu's send off;

I'm just wondering can we expect new pokemon captures, more battles, and some legendary encounters, specifically with Ash meeting Ho-Oh again, battling Mewtwo and seeing his father and grandfather.

Many fans suspect Ash to catch a Latias during the special, which is fine, but I'm hoping he catches something better or iconic to give Ash the feel of world champ.

I was literally hoping the writers would have him catch Lugia, but alas, I was let down. Yet they give Goh the iconic Suicune.

I hope so. I'm expecting he get something new (not legendaries), but, if he's using/evolving some of his old pokemon, I'm satisfied.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Journeys Series ended finally and i will rate various things about this series:

I will rate in scaling 1-6.
1 - Very Bad
2 - Terrible
3 - Mid
4 - Good
5 - Very good
6 - Excellent

Opening - 3 [include all openings]
Ending - 2