• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trillion

I tried making a list some time ago what Pokemon each character would have if they managed to catch everything they tried to catch, kept evolving them, and didn't release them. I only got to the end of Hoenn, but Pokemon Ash tried to catch but didn't get are Pidgey, Weedle, Rhyhorn, Fearow, Scyther, another Weedle, Claydol, and he also tried catching a Corphish a couple episodes before he got his, don't rememeber if that was the same one. So if he's to catch something, maybe one of these? But I'd rather see him use the ones he has, maybe finally evolve Gible.
he also tried to catch two dunsparce

kickachu

Momentai!
What you think will happen in the big happy ending

World Turtle

I think if Ash is going to catch anything it'll be Pokemon he's met before. Like Larvitar and Solgaleo become official captures.

Maybe the Latias in the trailer is the same one from movie 5? Honestly, they may not have met in Hoenn but if there was a Hoenn Pokemon that qualified as "the one that got away" like Larvitar it'd be Latias.

Trainer Micah

I think if Ash is going to catch anything it'll be Pokemon he's met before. Like Larvitar and Solgaleo become official captures.

Maybe the Latias in the trailer is the same one from movie 5? Honestly, they may not have met in Hoenn but if there was a Hoenn Pokemon that qualified as "the one that got away" like Larvitar it'd be Latias.

True, Well anything can go right now but when i looked the trailer over i noticed something that Ash had his clothes on when he was riding on Latias. However when he rode on a Gyarados however (* In my thought's he had his swimming trunks on *) which is when Ash is tossing a Pokeball at something so my only question is would he be capturing Gyarados in 2023 in the future episodes?

Or just a random mystery Pokemon that Ash hasn't meet yet or is it just me? Reason just a hint...
Ps: It was in the Episode 137 preview episode.

Last edited:

World Turtle

Like I can see eight of those 11 episodes being dedicated to each of Ash's teams. Though given the size of the Kanto lineup they might be given multiple episodes.

Maybe its weird but I'd like to know what could have been you know? Who else was considered to be one of Ash's Pokemon but didn't make the cut in the end. Even an end credits montage for them would be nice.

There were a lot of Pokemon Ash helped and befriended but didn't catch. Could they do a montage sequence of Ash getting the most notable ones? Or would that be too much? I understand if it is.

Last edited:

MegaSalamence05

Pretty much how I think they're going to wrap this up. 10 episodes will be wrapping up the stories and the 11th episode is where things get incredibly touching.
This is a pipe dream but its honestly fitting. As I don't personally believe Ho-oh's appearance was an accident. My boldest prediction is that Ash is going to be receiving 2 items during this 11 episode arc. 1 being the GS Ball. The same one fated to originally include Celebi. Prior to the construction of the 4th Pokemon Movie. The 2nd being the Clear Bell. The single best way to conclude Ash's story is having Celebi time-travel Ash and Pikachu riding on Ho-oh's back to the first episode with Ho-oh flying across the sky. Pikachu's Thunderbolt to the Spearow hides the Time-Travelling aspect of Celebi, Ash/Pikachu and Ho-oh. Ash sees his unconscious self. States you're going to be the best like no one ever was. The credits roll.

Like if Butterfree can come back after 25 years anything is possible. Like I consider what just happened with Goh and Lugia and the symbolism there with Ash. I'm just wondering if that's just too much to ask. If Ash concludes his journey with Ho-oh being his last capture and proceeding to flashback to the first episode of Ash's entire era in the show. Is this too fanfictiony. I don't know but I honestly can't think of any other way to conclude the character.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
What you think will happen in the big happy ending
A big happy battle?

Dunno.

Ash have 8 teams, I'd assume this will give each of them the screentime they should have had in JN, with updates and all. Some of them are already too big, like Kanto and Unova, but, since this apparently will bring the released members back too...

I'd be happy if Houenn and Kalos teams got new additions, it always looked like Ash could have had one more pokemon from each region. Anyway, crossed fingers.

If incineroar finally have a chance to battle, I'm good.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question think this retirement might be temporary because I have a theory 1 after gt ended it was the end of Goku's story until the special where he returns with his friends, the super Saiyan god movie and dragon ball super. 2 in Madea's death at a funeral we were without her for two years . So anybody hope this retirement won't be forever

Gingertail24

Question think this retirement might be temporary because I have a theory 1 after gt ended it was the end of Goku's story until the special where he returns with his friends, the super Saiyan god movie and dragon ball super. 2 in Madea's death at a funeral we were without her for two years . So anybody hope this retirement won't be forever
I hope it's forever. I don't understand this mindset. It's been 25 years. Let the man rest. It's not even like he is gone forever. He may make cameos. But Ash story is done.

The difference between him and Goku is that Ash isn't the face of the entire franchise. Pokemon can survive without the guy. And most fans of dropped off from the anime only coming back here and there for a cool scene or two.

Last edited:

MunchMunch

I hope it's forever. I don't understand this mindset. It's been 25 years. Let the man rest. It's not even like he is gone forever. He may make cameos. But Ash story is done.

The difference between him and Goku is that Ash isn't the face of the entire franchise. Pokemon can survive without the guy. And most fans of dropped off from the anime only coming back here and there for a cool scene or two.
Let's be real, there's a high chance Ash will come back in the future. Like I highly doubt his story is done. It might be done now, but I give it 5 years before he comes back lol.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
ye ngl, Ash may be gone but he's definitely not going to be gone forever.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Doesn’t matter since nobody actually cares.
A lot of normies/casual fans do. Easily one of the top clickbait topics when it comes to the anime.

People do forget that Ash's dad is supposedly a failure while his grandfather is supposed to be a legendary trainer.

Some family history would be cool. Unless Ash's Dad disappeared and changed drastically (Giovanni, Red), I think having him be a bum that reemerges after his family member has a high profile success would be a good way to go.

My personal wish:

Ash's grandpa: Silver from Pokemon Chronicles

Ash's Dad: Magikarp Salesman (chose a pathetic scamming character + would make for a funny twist lol)

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Oh please, the only people who cares about ash’s dad are pathetic people who have nothing better to do than obsess over something that has never once been in any way relevant to the anime, because they have somehow convinced themselves it matters by giving themselves brain damage.

The closest thing to relevance his ‘family’ aside from delia ever had is in the shudo novel that most people don’t even know about.
There was a storyboarder in 2007 who said Ash's Dad would potentially be introduced if they needed character development for Ash....

And is it any more pathetic than seething anytime the OS is referenced?

World Turtle

TBH I could see TR (the organization) being defeated for good by Ash in a future movie.

I'm also betting Ash will return for a "old heroes and new heroes team up" arc probably involving whatever is in the bottom of the Paldea Crater waking up.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
Oh please, the only people who cares about ash’s dad are pathetic people who have nothing better to do than obsess over something that has never once been in any way relevant to the anime, because they have somehow convinced themselves it matters by giving themselves brain damage.

The closest thing to relevance his ‘family’ aside from delia ever had is in the shudo novel that most people don’t even know about.
Did your own dad beat you or something? damn dude, you really start staining your pants whenever someone types 'ash's dad' in these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.