• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Oh there is DEFINITELY gonna be a cutesy shouldermon. Gotta sell those plushies.

It definitely won't be Quaxly tho, because Lord Arceus look at this!

This is just depressing. I don't even think Popplio was this unpopular
This legit makes me sad. Quaxly was my favorite since the reveal and even more with its evolutions. Is there something I'm missing about why it's hated?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
This legit makes me sad. Quaxly was my favorite since the reveal and even more with its evolutions. Is there something I'm missing about why it's hated?
I like the Quaxly line too (except Quaxwell) so I also feel bad for it

With Quaquaval I think I can kinda get since it has a giant butt and has awkward dancing and running animations that might make more than a few people uncomfortable (especially if they hate Furries/Anthros)

But I really don't get why Quaxly itself is so unpopular? I liked it infinitely more than Fuecoco upon reveal, and I STILL think it looks better (even if I did end up really liking Skeledirge)

Illusio

No words, only rage
Oh there is DEFINITELY gonna be a cutesy shouldermon. Gotta sell those plushies.

It definitely won't be Quaxly tho, because Lord Arceus look at this!

All those Sprigatito and Fuecoco plushies getting Adopted while Quaxly just remains an elf on the shelf...

This is just depressing. I don't even think Popplio was this unpopular
Poor Quaxly, it doesn't deserve this treatment. :(

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I want his Lavitar to be evolved and to come back to him as well
I'm neutral towards this
I won't mind if this happens and would love it
I also wouldn't mind if it just stays in the sanctuary Ash returned it too with its mother
Both work for me, but I would die to see Ash atleast reunite with Larvitar for once during the 11 episode series

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I like the Quaxly line too (except Quaxwell) so I also feel bad for it

With Quaquaval I think I can kinda get since it has a giant butt and has awkward dancing and running animations that might make more than a few people uncomfortable (especially if they hate Furries/Anthros)

But I really don't get why Quaxly itself is so unpopular? I liked it infinitely more than Fuecoco upon reveal, and I STILL think it looks better (even if I did end up really liking Skeledirge)
One has a baby fire birdy. One doesn't. Not hard to see why!

And Popplio unpopular? No little misinformation. All Gen 7 starters popular!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
One has a baby fire birdy. One doesn't. Not hard to see why!

And Popplio unpopular? No little misinformation. All Gen 7 starters popular!
Popplio used to be EXTREMELY hated until Primarina was revealed

It got so bad to point that Masuda and Ohmori (THE LITERAL DIRECTORS OF SUN AND MOON) themselves had to comment in response to all the backlash poor Popplio

https://www.google.com/amp/s/games....d-shigeru-ohmori-respond-to-popplio-hate/amp/

There's a big reason why the "Popplio Defense Squad" was a big thing in 2016

(Imagine having so much unwarranted vitriol for a tiny ass seal that the actual Devs have to come out and defend it. That's freaking embarrassing)

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
If Ash is to capture a mon, I hope it's Latias and nothing else
I also hope he sees all his released Pokemon again, although it's really only Greninja that I want to return to him permanently
I think the writer is going to address the status of both Larvitar and Solgaleo with Ash catching them officially.

For your second point, I agreed but i also wants everyone that was released to come back to Ash permanently, since he is leaving, then what's the point of having them still being release since we won't be seeing them ever again once Ash is gone. Might as well have everyone to return and give me an Annihilape for Primeape and at least a Gen 9 mon for Ash

World Turtle

I think the writer is going to address the status of both Larvitar and Solgaleo with Ash catching them officially.

For your second point, I agreed but i also wants everyone that was released to come back to Ash permanently, since he is leaving, then what's the point of having them still being release since we won't be seeing them ever again once Ash is gone. Might as well have everyone to return and give me an Annihilape for Primeape and at least a Gen 9 mon for Ash

I hope everyone returns for a team/family photo ending like they did in BW.

Also there should be an an end credits scene with Ash (finally) catching Dunsparce.

Also while Ash isn't one to go on capture sprees I wouldn't mind a montage of Ash catching all the notable Pokemon he befriended, but did not catch from the past 25 years. (This probably won't happen, but we did see Latias in the trailer so they may check off a few)

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
I hope everyone returns for a team/family photo ending like they did in BW.

Also there should be an an end credits scene with Ash (finally) catching Dunsparce.

Also while Ash isn't one to go on capture sprees I wouldn't mind a montage of Ash catching all the notable Pokemon he befriended, but did not catch from the past 25 years. (This probably won't happen, but we did see Latias in the trailer so they may check off a few)
i was hoping like the catch those offscreen while getting some from his friends like Torchic from May and Mudkip from Brock in a montage. All of them can appear in the family photo as Ash Pokémon like what you have suggested. I know it aren't happening but I wonder will Ash see that Raticate or Beedrill like a montage of him meet up with Casey for beedrill and/ or seeing that gentleman again with Raticate.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Popplio used to be EXTREMELY hated until Primarina was revealed

It got so bad to point that Masuda and Ohmori (THE LITERAL DIRECTORS OF SUN AND MOON) themselves had to comment in response to all the backlash poor Popplio

https://www.google.com/amp/s/games....d-shigeru-ohmori-respond-to-popplio-hate/amp/

There's a big reason why the "Popplio Defense Squad" was a big thing in 2016

(Imagine having so much unwarranted vitriol for a tiny ass seal that the actual Devs have to come out and defend it. That's freaking embarrassing)
Popplio would have looked much better without those weird-looking ears but other than that I thought its design was cute, it's a huge surprise to me that people hated Popplio.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Wow, I feel kinda bad for the duck
I kind of do too, but I still don’t want one lol. Hopefully TPC will stop making so many humanoid starters.

Since Gen6 now… Ninja, Knight, and Witch

Gen 7: Robinhood, Lucha, and Mermaid - half human lol. Also when Lana’s battled Golisopod I was legit uncomfortable.

Gen 8: Rocker Gorilla (to be fair not much to be done about an ape being humanoid), Soccer Player, and Spy

Now Gen 9… at least we got one beast starter but I miss old days where they were all or 2/3 of them were more animal like.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If the Poster is anything to go by, we'll finally have the female protagonist own the Grass starter

Guy100

With the 11 episode special coming soon, I do speculate that Ash will catch at least one or two pokemon.

To data, Ash often catches a pokemon during all of his adventures. I think the battle frontier and orange islands mini arc are almost tied for the low percent of Pokemon captures by Ash.

I know many fans expect Latias to become a new Pokemon for Ash, however I do hope he at least catches one more pokemon, that he may have befriended.

World Turtle

With the 11 episode special coming soon, I do speculate that Ash will catch at least one or two pokemon.

To data, Ash often catches a pokemon during all of his adventures. I think the battle frontier and orange islands mini arc are almost tied for the low percent of Pokemon captures by Ash.

I know many fans expect Latias to become a new Pokemon for Ash, however I do hope he at least catches one more pokemon, that he may have befriended.
I will gladly take a montage sequence of Ash catching Pokemon he befriended but did not catch. I could see them at least doing that for the Non-Legendary.

MegaSalamence05

Well I realized something.

Only 3 Pokémon of the Original 151 Pokémon didn't appear in the latest episode. (Kadabra, Jynx and Porygon). Due to the circumstances behind them I get it.

But its implied that Ash's Pidgeot and Lapras made reappearances in the episode. Pidgeot is the leader of a Flock of Pidgeot. (Ash notices them first and smiles). While Ash's Lapras appeared in the back of the herd of Lapras in the sea scene on Lugia's back.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Its design just isn't very appealing to most people.
The dislike people had for its final form probably carried over to the base form as well. That, or maybe they just expected it to be way more popular than it actually was, and ended up overstocking.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question you think they'll make the same move toei did but different let liki and Roy have fun and ash comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.