• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Micah

Question you think they'll make the same move toei did but different let liki and Roy have fun and ash comes back

Possibly not on Ash + Pikachu he'll be done in 11 episodes naming Aim to be a master. If Ash does capture any/something i'll scream my head off in this new series. But once he retires i'll miss him! :(. So i don't think Ash'll come back after that series ends.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I kinda hope he gets something (bar legendaries) he never had before, even if only one or two captures. It was a chore watch JN when he completed his team too early and didn't make any new addition.

But, I don't know, eleven episodes don't look like enough if they are supposedly let him (finally) use his past pokemon. There won't be space for rookies.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question you think they are taking a break like how Alex Hirsch did gravity falls when he said done telling the pines family story for now you don't think ash's time as mc will be over forever right

ShadowForce720

Question you think they are taking a break like how Alex Hirsch did gravity falls when he said done telling the pines family story for now you don't think ash's time as mc will be over forever right
Um not sure what part of Ash and Pikachu’s final chapter your not understanding.

They wouldn’t be advertising Aim to be a Pokémon Master to be Ash’s and Pikachu’s final chapter if they just intended for it to a break and for Ash and his Pikachu to return as main characters in gen 10 or in the near future.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Gravity Falls has been over for more time than it was on air by now

kickachu

Momentai!
Um not sure what part of Ash and Pikachu’s final chapter your not understanding.

They wouldn’t be advertising Aim to be a Pokémon Master to be Ash’s and Pikachu’s final chapter if they just intended for it to a break and for Ash and his Pikachu to return as main characters in gen 10 or in the near future.
I meant even though it's their last chapter you can't say that they might come back like popular characters like Goku did

MunchMunch

Lots of media does this, only for said thing to come back in 1 or 2 years. It's called Advertising lol.

Hell literal movies have been called "The Final Chapter" only for it not to be the final chapter lol.

ShadowForce720

Lots of media does this, only for said thing to come back in 1 or 2 years. It's called Advertising lol.
Lol, no they would not be advertising aim to be a Pokémon master to be Ash and Pikachu’s final chapter if they were just planning on bringing him back as main character in 1 or 2 years.

I meant even though it's their last chapter you can't say that they might come back like popular characters like Goku did

And? At this point your just setting up yourself for disappointment if you expect Ash to return as main character in the near future.

MunchMunch

Lol, no they would not be advertising aim to be a Pokémon master to be Ash and Pikachu’s final chapter if they were just planning on bringing him back as main character in 1 or 2 years.
Duh because obviously right now, they dont have any intention on bringing back Ash.

But you don't know if there feelings or ideas might change in the future. That's how writing and television production works.

ShadowForce720

Duh because obvious right now, they dont have any intention on bringing back Ash.

But you don't know if there feeling or ideas might change in the future. That's how writing and television production works.
So you basically don’t have much of a actual argument. Because that could be literally said about anything.

MunchMunch

So you basically don’t have much of a actual argument. Because that could be literally said about anything.
No one is arguing? I just think it's silly to say that Ash won't ever come back. He's an ICONIC character, it's silly to think he would never ever come back.

Just because something is being advertised at this day and age as a "Final Chapter" doesn't mean in the future that won't change and Ash won't ever come back.

ShadowForce720

No one is arguing? I just think it's silly to say that Ash won't ever come back. He's an ICONIC character, it's silly to think he would never ever come back.

Just because something is being advertised at this day and age as a "Final Chapter" doesn't mean in the future that won't change and Ash won't ever come back.
I’m not saying that he won’t appear in some capacity in the future like returning for a episode or two, but he’s most likely not going to return as the mc in the same capacity as he was before where he sticks around as mc for another 20+ years.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
I’m not saying that he won’t appear in some capacity in the future like returning for a episode or two, but he’s most likely not going to return as the mc in the same capacity as he was before where he sticks around as mc for another 20+ years.
See… I would disagree with that. I think that there is probably a good chance we will see Ash again as a main character down the line at some point.

Will it be the same version of Ash that is world monarch? That version, I agree, probably won’t come back to rule the Pokemon Anime on a weekly basis.

Now that they are giving him a break for awhile with a new anime, trying out new characters, I am sure they are going to see if this new model works. If it does, the most we will ever see him again will probably be saved for big events or movies - as, yes, he is an easy marketing-hype tool.

However, if it does not work, I would assume, knowing Japan, they will return to a formula they know that does. That said, having given this 25yo version of Ash a finale series, they most likely will reboot him in some fashion or maybe just use the AU Ash for a new future weekly series.

It would save a lot of people a lot of effort not to have to draw all those Pokemon at the lab again or try to grapple with continuity. We already know they struggle with both.

It really depends on how successful this new approach is. IF this new anime is successful Ash may be gone for a good long while. If not, I’d wager he and pikachu, in some form, will be back for Gen10.

It could go either way.

Trainer Micah

If the Poster is anything to go by, we'll finally have the female protagonist own the Grass starter

True and if anyone asks her name is Liko not Riko or any other name but yes Sprigatito yeah and Roy is getting the other two for what i know.

With the 11 episode special coming soon, I do speculate that Ash will catch at least one or two pokemon.

To data, Ash often catches a pokemon during all of his adventures. I think the battle frontier and orange islands mini arc are almost tied for the low percent of Pokemon captures by Ash.

I know many fans expect Latias to become a new Pokemon for Ash, however I do hope he at least catches one more pokemon, that he may have befriended.

True i believe he might get one maybe two new pokemon too he'll possibly get anew pokemon from generation 1 again from what i've seen.

Yes i remember those episodes Lapras Snorlax and Aipom do say hello. And if Ash captures something similar i hope for Gyarados ( But hey just a guess and maybe a ideal for now okay? )

And who knows it may not be a legend he captures but we'll see. And i'll say whatever happens next will happen just wait to see what does alright?

World Turtle

Never say never you think the writers will retire him completely
Ash will probably come back for the obligatory "Old Heroes and New Heroes Team Up Arc" which will probably involve whatever is in the Paldea Crater.

Also Movies. If we don't see Giovanni defeated in the "final chapter mini-series" then they can save it for a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.