• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
1920.jpg
Unexpected turn for the Marvel x Pokemon collaboration

ImBeVillain

No more six members
No nose is the norm for most anime art styles these days, not just pokemon
I can confirm it, i'm not just a pokemon fan, but very likely an anime fan.

anime-lucky-star-konata-izumi-wallpaper-preview.jpg

large.nanoha-takamachi-magical-girl-lyrical-movie-092.jpg.f1c3d44e88c84182a47c6ffc18370586.jpg

Top-5-OP-Characters-1.jpg

e5379c42737fb4ca7062e19bbc237cce.jpg

EvVTSY3WYAMLB9D.jpg:large

For those interested in what anime are these:
1. Lucky Star
2. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
3. In Another World With My Smartphone
4. Vivid Strike [that's spin-off from Lyrical Nanoha]
5. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I can confirm it, i'm not just a pokemon fan, but very likely an anime fan.

anime-lucky-star-konata-izumi-wallpaper-preview.jpg

large.nanoha-takamachi-magical-girl-lyrical-movie-092.jpg.f1c3d44e88c84182a47c6ffc18370586.jpg

Top-5-OP-Characters-1.jpg

e5379c42737fb4ca7062e19bbc237cce.jpg

EvVTSY3WYAMLB9D.jpg:large

For those interested in what anime are these:
1. Lucky Star
2. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha
3. In Another World With My Smartphone
4. Vivid Strike [that's spin-off from Lyrical Nanoha]
5. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
ayo, another “Another World Smartphone” watcher? :>

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
NEW OFFICIAL POPULARITY POLL JUST DROPPED!

(This is a Poll of all the Mons in the SV PokeDex so don't be alarmed by all of the older Gen Pokemon here)

Meowscarada is so popular she beat out Pokemon like CHARIZARD AND PIKACHU AND EEVEE!!! And she's in the TOP 3!

I wish Floragato could've made it but at least both Meowscarada and Sprigatito are in the Top 30

Do you know what this means?

SPRIGATITO WILL EVOLVE IN THE ANIME!!!!

MY BABY BROKE THE GRASS STARTER CURSE!!!!!!

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Also Fuecoco at #4th place yeah....

It's not looking good for Skeledirge fans... This could be the first Fire Starter to not evolve in the anime; which is such a shame because I actually really like it

Whether Quaxly will evolve or not is still up in the air rn.
Quaquaval is the only member of it's line that made it on the poll BUT it's also ranked even lower than Skeledirge and not even in the Top 30 (it's in 32nd place)

It'll either be a situation like Alola/Galar Starters where it's Meowscarada, Quaquaval and Fuecoco OR they'll pull a Kanto/Unova Starter situation and make it Meowscarada, Quaxly and Fuecoco

Either way, Fuecoco too marketable to evolve

World Turtle

Also Fuecoco at #4th place yeah....

It's not looking good for Skeledirge fans... This could be the first Fire Starter to not evolve in the anime; which is such a shame because I actually really like it

Whether Quaxly will evolve or not is still up in the air rn.
Quaquaval is the only member of it's line that made it on the poll BUT it's also ranked even lower than Skeledirge and not even in the Top 30 (it's in 32nd place)

It'll either be a situation like Alola/Galar Starters where it's Meowscarada, Quaquaval and Fuecoco OR they'll pull a Kanto/Unova Starter situation and make it Meowscarada, Quaxly and Fuecoco

Either way, Fuecoco too marketable to evolve

Eh, they could always have Ash showcase Skeledirge if he comes back for the classic Old Hero-New Hero Team-up plot, but the main Fuecoco with the new kids will stay as is

PsychoLogical

oh and the poll is based for having Koraidon that high and over Miraidon, the thing is an actual character and not a lousy boring cyborg whose only thing its got going for is a better bike :d

PsychoLogical

Eh, they could always have Ash showcase Skeledirge if he comes back for the classic Old Hero-New Hero Team-up plot, but the main Fuecoco with the new kids will stay as is
m8, that's assuming they'll have him return during the new series with new additions to the roster, especially those from Paldea which he would have to know about :d

which ngl isnt out of the question but not exactly that realistic, at least for now.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY

(This is a Poll of all the Mons in the SV PokeDex so don't be alarmed by all of the older Gen Pokemon here)

Meowscarada is so popular she beat out Pokemon like CHARIZARD AND PIKACHU AND EEVEE!!! And she's in the TOP 3!

I wish Floragato could've made it but at least both Meowscarada and Sprigatito are in the Top 30

No magnemite?
The meme is dead....

ImBeVillain

No more six members

All Top 3 are based <3
I love them!

nickdt

Yesss.... finally Charizard isn't in the top 10... it even isn't in top 20. People are finally growing tired of it.

Also interesting not to see Quaquaval on there in the top 30, since if i recall correctly, this is the first time a Water starter (Base form or final evolution) hasn't made top 10 in a Japanese Popularity Poll since gen 6. While this poll doesn't only contain gen 9 mons... it would still not be in the top 10 regardless. We have had Inteleon last gen being place first during a Gen 8 popularity mon poll... while early on in SM Primarina was actually the most popular fully evolved water starter (Rowlet was the most favorite Grass starter though) and we obviously have had Greninja as well.

And while i personally don't like Meowscarada all that much (I feel like it looks bland compared to Skeledrige and Quaquval, who both look more interesting design wise), i feel like Meowscarada had the most chances to evolve in the anime or not, despite this poll... because Quaquaval and Skeledirge might seem to flashy design wise to evolve, especially looking at the mons Ash has gotten recently... they are all really bland... or are easy to animate because of them being only one or 2 colors, especially Journeys falls into this, since Lucario and Sirfetch'd (Aside from its leek and shield) are one color/two colors primarily, with White and Black and Blue primarily... and its also evident in the mons he got that were already fully evolved...with Dragonite, Gengar and Dracovish and we have this also mainly in Alola as well (Lycanroc, Melmetal are one color, so is the transition from Poipole to Naganadel and Incineroar seems the easiest to animate for me as well, compared to Decidueye and Primarina and in Kalos, we have gotten 4 Pokemon with similair colors to their base form, with Greninja, Goodra, Talonflame and Noivern and they also primarily have one or 2 colors, the outlier here is Hawlucha. So... putting the poll aside... i have a feeling we are getting this
Meowscarada, Quaxwell and Fuecoco.
Sprigatitio line seems to be the easiest to animate overall
Between Quaxly and Quaxwell there hardly seems any difference, aside from coloring
Fuecoco line seems the hardest animate, considering the egg thing and the color scheme, with Fuecoco being the easiest.

That also seems like a pitfall for this poll though, taking in mind the past, since that means Tinkaton won't end up on the main cast, due to its design, despite being the most popular Paldea mon. I personally wouldn't put to much stock in Tatsugiri being in the top 10 at the moment... since usually they only use one form in polls like this, while they have three forms, so fans of the other forms will vote for the showcased form as well (We saw it with Lycanroc at some point in polls as well... all three forms got mashed together to showcase Midday or Dusk Lycanroc, but that isn't an actual representation of how popular Lycanroc actually is, since if you include the other forms, the votes will be split between the forms, which means that a mon with multiple forms will end up much lower on the poll (For example... most non-base Greninja fans will vote for Greninja because they are a fan of Ash-Greninja).

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Yesss.... finally Charizard isn't in the top 10... it even isn't in top 20. People are finally growing tired of it.

Also interesting not to see Quaquaval on there in the top 30, since if i recall correctly, this is the first time a Water starter (Base form or final evolution) hasn't made top 10 in a Japanese Popularity Poll since gen 6. While this poll doesn't only contain gen 9 mons... it would still not be in the top 10 regardless. We have had Inteleon last gen being place first during a Gen 8 popularity mon poll... while early on in SM Primarina was actually the most popular fully evolved water starter (Rowlet was the most favorite Grass starter though) and we obviously have had Greninja as well.

And while i personally don't like Meowscarada all that much (I feel like it looks bland compared to Skeledrige and Quaquval, who both look more interesting design wise), i feel like Meowscarada had the most chances to evolve in the anime or not, despite this poll... because Quaquaval and Skeledirge might seem to flashy design wise to evolve, especially looking at the mons Ash has gotten recently... they are all really bland... or are easy to animate because of them being only one or 2 colors, especially Journeys falls into this, since Lucario and Sirfetch'd (Aside from its leek and shield) are one color/two colors primarily, with White and Black and Blue primarily... and its also evident in the mons he got that were already fully evolved...with Dragonite, Gengar and Dracovish and we have this also mainly in Alola as well (Lycanroc, Melmetal are one color, so is the transition from Poipole to Naganadel and Incineroar seems the easiest to animate for me as well, compared to Decidueye and Primarina and in Kalos, we have gotten 4 Pokemon with similair colors to their base form, with Greninja, Goodra, Talonflame and Noivern and they also primarily have one or 2 colors, the outlier here is Hawlucha. So... putting the poll aside... i have a feeling we are getting this
Meowscarada, Quaxwell and Fuecoco.
Sprigatitio line seems to be the easiest to animate overall
Between Quaxly and Quaxwell there hardly seems any difference, aside from coloring
Fuecoco line seems the hardest animate, considering the egg thing and the color scheme, with Fuecoco being the easiest.

That also seems like a pitfall for this poll though, taking in mind the past, since that means Tinkaton won't end up on the main cast, due to its design, despite being the most popular Paldea mon. I personally wouldn't put to much stock in Tatsugiri being in the top 10 at the moment... since usually they only use one form in polls like this, while they have three forms, so fans of the other forms will vote for the showcased form as well (We saw it with Lycanroc at some point in polls as well... all three forms got mashed together to showcase Midday or Dusk Lycanroc, but that isn't an actual representation of how popular Lycanroc actually is, since if you include the other forms, the votes will be split between the forms, which means that a mon with multiple forms will end up much lower on the poll (For example... most non-base Greninja fans will vote for Greninja because they are a fan of Ash-Greninja).
tbf, this is only for those in the Paldean dex. Which Charizard isnt a part of.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic

I'm puzzled that Koraidon is more popular than Miraidon, but, oh, well. I'm glad tinkaton and mud quagsire are in the top 3.

PsychoLogical

I'm puzzled that Koraidon is more popular than Miraidon, but, oh, well. I'm glad tinkaton and mud quagsire are in the top 3.
Miraidon only really has a better bike design and I guess comp. Koraidon basically does better in everything else. A full fleshed being does infinitely better than a cyborg in showing character which I assume is probably the main factor since you can really see the differences between your Koraidon and Miraidon throughout the cutscenes featuring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.