• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

FlBR42oX0AAcdA3

There is full list of Top 50.

Kingambit and Annihilape not even in top 50. Thats sad. Interesting no Kanto Eeveelution either.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Idk if I'm late to this epiphany, but I just realized that Ash's cap is basically a C (Champion) encircling a green globe (World).
Well. Before late than never.

Even Armarouge and Qualxy isn't either into Top 50.
It bugs me that an armored fella with a freaking cannon as signature move and Donald Duck's nephew didn't reach the top 50.

Surprised Kingambit, Annihilape and Goldhengo weren't more popular
I wish to know what rules they follow to judge the best pokemon. Design, how useful in the games, strenght? Lucario, garchomp, charizard, gardevoir, dragonite and luxray barely had uptaded moves or eggmoves.

Riolu loses crunch as an eggmove for bite? Really?

Last edited:

ZarudeSandstorm

Wow, it just feels surreal for me that we will probably never* see a post in speculation thread about Ash catching Pokemon since he's out. There's no more what Pokemon should Ash or even Trio catch( they will probably leave too).

*this is if writers do 180/360 and somehow Ash is back as Brock/Cilan/Chloe role in new upcoming series'( or more) since we know he's not protagonist. We never know he may return as third wheel guy but with what they have shown it kind of feels like he's done forever except maybe he will come for an episode or two.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Wow, it just feels surreal for me that we will probably never* see a post in speculation thread about Ash catching Pokemon since he's out. There's no more what Pokemon should Ash or even Trio catch( they will probably leave too).

*this is if writers do 180/360 and somehow Ash is back as Brock/Cilan/Chloe role in new upcoming series'( or more) since we know he's not protagonist. We never know he may return as third wheel guy but with what they have shown it kind of feels like he's done forever except maybe he will come for an episode or two.
but now we shall get a new type of post:

What will they have Ash capture offscreen. He'll no longer be the main protagonist but is still likely going to be around. And thus will presumably have new additions that he obtains offscreen.

:>

Last edited:

World Turtle

Till then we have 11 episodes left and its anyone's guess about last minute evolutions and captures.

Not counting the extra Tauros Ash has or had if you want to be technical (unless there is going to be a reunion at the end) 57 Pokemon. I could see him maybe getting three captures to round things off at 60?

Frankly, as a last hurrah I'd be good with Ash getting 30 Pokemon over the course of these last episodes. Most of these probably will be done in a montage format.

I just figure there were probably quite a few Pokemon that were considered for Ash's team by the anime staff, but just didn't make the cut for whatever reason. If not in the show itself or in a end credits sequence. It'd be a cool bit of "what could have been" trivia for the anime staff to reveal over on twitter or something.

DannyDiglett

If I may set a list of last minute team changes, here is what I have in mind for the upcoming 11 special episodes mini series (in case all of them will appear:

Ash
Primeape > Annihilape: gen IX promotion
Scraggy > Scrafty: the only one of Ash's (officially caught) that hatched from an egg that hasn't evolved yet
Larvitar > Pupitar > Tyranitar: now fully evolved it reunites with Ash

Misty
Psyduck > Golduck: perhaps I could cause a lot of backlash with this but personally I think this could work as a last strong character development for this Pokémon before we'll never see it again (except for some cameos in the future)

Brock
Marshtomp > Swampert: it still bugs me that it is the only one of the Hoenn starters that didn't fully evolve back in the AG series.

Tracey
Scyther > Kleavor: just kidding! I think his team is fine. Maybe Venonat and Marill are a Venomoth and Azumarill now? Tracey isn't that important is he?

May
I think her team is good as it is. The only change I can think of is that Wartortle is a Blastoise now. I'm not sure about Munchlax because of its comical characteristics.

Max
He's still not old enough to have Pokémon on his own right?

Dawn
Despite all her returning appearances in JN it's weird that she hasn't got any team changes. Surely Quilava should have been a Typhlosion long ago? If not, then at least let Buneary evolve into Lopunny.

Iris
She just had a main role as one of the M8 so I don't see any big team change will happen except her Gible may be a Gabite by now.

Cilan
He could at least have one new Grass type. Eldegoss? (or Smoliv as gen IX promotion)

Serena
I really don't know. The only one that can still evolve is Pancham but I just can't imagine a Pangoro in her team. Plus the fact that Serena would need a Dark type Pokémon in order to let it evolve. Any ideas?

Clemont
Man you guys from Kalos are hard to come up with new team changes! I don't see another change after Diggersby. I'm afraid Chespin will stay as it is. Magneton > Magnezone could be a possibility though.

Bonnie
Same as Max. She's still taking care of Clemont's Dedenne.

Sun & Moon classmates
Except Snowy that could have evolved by now, I don't see anything new happen with them. Although I think a Tadbulb could fit Sophocles very well but nothing more than that.

Goh & Chloe
They just said goodbye. Team changes are unnecessary.

TRio
I think it would be great if we see Jessie and James reuniting with their old (released) Pokémon like Arbok and Weezing in Hoenn. They could have a reunion at the Team Rocket HQ with the other Pokémon as well (Seviper, Mime Jr., Carnivine, Yanmega, Woobat, Yamask etc.)

I know it's just daydreaming. The main focus of the special mini series is Ash of course.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
but now we shall get a new type of post:

What will they have Ash capture offscreen. He'll no longer be the main protagonist but is still likely going to be around. And thus will presumably have new additions that he obtains offscreen.

:>
Most probably dudunsparce (the most middle finger the developers already threw onto the fandom)!

Well, not keen about what he could catch off screen after he retires himself, but, if he could hypothetically catch new pokemon in the 11 episodes series, I'd like to see him using these:

Johto: furret (Ash never had a 1st route normal type, I'm not counting traded raticate)

Houenn: mawile (personal favorite)

Kalos: aegislash

Galar: galarian Darmanitan and/or hatterene

Hisui: sneasel and/or braviary

Paldea: tinkaton, charcadet/armarouge, tarountula

Just to name some favorites.

I liked reuniclus before use one and notice how terribly slow it is.

vondecayle

NEW OFFICIAL POPULARITY POLL JUST DROPPED!

(This is a Poll of all the Mons in the SV PokeDex so don't be alarmed by all of the older Gen Pokemon here)

Meowscarada is so popular she beat out Pokemon like CHARIZARD AND PIKACHU AND EEVEE!!! And she's in the TOP 3!

I wish Floragato could've made it but at least both Meowscarada and Sprigatito are in the Top 30

Do you know what this means?

SPRIGATITO WILL EVOLVE IN THE ANIME!!!!

MY BABY BROKE THE GRASS STARTER CURSE!!!!!!
Can’t believe the poop emoji is in second place

DuskAstral

With so much dissatisfaction with Satoshi's replacement, I suspect he will be brought back as a returning hero (or regained MC status).
What do you think?

Red and Blue

With so much dissatisfaction with Satoshi's replacement, I suspect he will be brought back as a returning hero (or regained MC status).
What do you think?
PM2023 hasn't even started yet and we know nothing about the new leads. They can easily gain popularity depending on how they are handled. I'm willing to give them a chance instead of writing them off

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.