• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

They were on that 5x10 sheet shown during the Heisei era special.

Ash_Pokémon_Heisei_Recap.png

Granted Lapras was on it twice and Charizard, Noctowl, and I think Poipole (it could have been made before Poipole was caught) were absent.

They could have just been being thorough by including the rat, the bee, and the fish, but leaving out Charizard and Noctowl and adding Lapras twice? That's really odd. Someone did not double check their work.

Actually counting those three with everyone including Nebby and Larvitar would make it a solid 60.

Difference is he never actually caught Nebby and Larvitar in a ball and as such were never his to begin with.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Say it with me: Raticate, Beedrill and Seaking are NOT Ash's mons. Never were, never will be. All the promotional material and all should make that clear
He never even had any bond with them, had then for like a few minutes
It doesn't count
True, but ash gifting beedril to casey was one of dumb moves by him, casey didnt' do anything to deserve that beedril.

Guy100

Can anybody give an educated guess to what role is Ho-Oh suppose to play in the anime. Prior to Ash beginning his journey and wanting to be a Pokemon Master, Ash never even knew about the bird, and then in Johto we learn that it just roams the world watching over people and pokemon.

I'm just wonder will it ever play a prominent role in the anime series like the other legendaries. Over 25 years and no special episode focused on Ho-Oh's true objective and why its honored as some Messiah of peace. I even wonder if Ho-Oh will even be featured in the 11 episode special.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
If Ash kept it, it would be a fodder nothing pokemon people would complain about.
That why writers decided gave to him full of Johto team and leave oldest Kanto mons to someone.

Sound like writers abandoned idea about keeping Kanto mons and decided replace that by Johto team.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Can anybody give an educated guess to what role is Ho-Oh suppose to play in the anime. Prior to Ash beginning his journey and wanting to be a Pokemon Master, Ash never even knew about the bird, and then in Johto we learn that it just roams the world watching over people and pokemon.

I'm just wonder will it ever play a prominent role in the anime series like the other legendaries. Over 25 years and no special episode focused on Ho-Oh's true objective and why its honored as some Messiah of peace. I even wonder if Ho-Oh will even be featured in the 11 episode special.
Like every phoenix expy, Ho-Oh is all about rebirth/fresh start, it supposedly symbolizes restart from zero. That's what Ash did in many other regions, with multiple pokemon teams.

Also, anime wise, I think it was stated by someone from the staff that Ho-Oh served mainly as Ash's inspiration, despite the fact it didn't appear from Sinnoh to Alola and all of its appearances are basically "blink and you miss".

Anyway, it never had anything big in the main anime and I doubt it'll ever have. Movie 20 was the only time it was relevant and yet it was an AU version.

Trainer Micah

Say it with me: Raticate, Beedrill and Seaking are NOT Ash's mons. Never were, never will be. All the promotional material and all should make that clear
He never even had any bond with them, had then for like a few minutes
It doesn't count

You know rethink it over reason i ask myself why does he have 205 pokemon in all and you got to ask why did he temporary befriend release and evolve this many pokemon in all okay?

Reason they should count i mean to believe it's what makes him a trainer and possibly a pokemon master too i mean if it were "me kidding but hey" how else would i have earned the badges? the symbols? the crystals? the achievements? and contests? and the so on world championship and pokemon to evolve get it?

It's all part of his ideal in living to become that dream of his. Without it well no dream no pokemon and hey no friends or Pikachu you know? So in saying best reconsider on what he does count/done and what he doesn't. Reason if 205 pokemon are counted then Ash has done a lot to achieve this number without that many well hey eh you know Ash wouldn't have achieved anything you know.

World Turtle

Kind of sad Ash is leaving. I always wanted to see him get to 100 captures before he left. The reason is one I’ll understand if you all find silly or even dumb.

My train a of thought is this: Pokemon Battling/Training is a team sport.

Team sports come with jerseys. Jerseys have numbers on them ranging from 0 to 99.

You are now imagining Ash’s Pokémon in jerseys and it’s adorable and hilarious.

I got the idea when my family got our dogs jerseys.

Counting nearly everyone (Tauros herd, Ambipom (despite being traded), Larvitar, Solgaleo, but not Raticate, Seaking, and Beedrill). He's only 14 away! Discounting the 29 extra Tauros it would be 43.

Pikachu would get 99. Like Gretzky he’s the GOAT

Guy100

If they give Ash braviary, mawile and tinkaton, I'm happy. That's all.
Interesting choice, seeing how Ash has not caught very many psychic, steel and fairy type Pokemon.

So far, the only psychic types Ash has caught are Mr. Mime and Solgaleo. Mr. Mime being Ash's only fairy type.

And Solgaleo and Melmetal are Ash's only official Steel Types.

I'm still very surprised by the popularity of Tinkaton, espcially with its movesets and attacks.

ShadowForce720

Interesting choice, seeing how Ash has not caught very many psychic, steel and fairy type Pokemon.

So far, the only psychic types Ash has caught are Mr. Mime and Solgaleo. Mr. Mime being Ash's only fairy type.

And Solgaleo and Melmetal are Ash's only official Steel Types.

I'm still very surprised by the popularity of Tinkaton, espcially with its movesets and attacks.
You forgot Ash’s Lucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.