• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

well, no capture for Ash but that’s fine since what we got wasn’t all that bad.

But then it gets weird at the end regarding Latias, it seemingly looks like she’s starting to follow him…?

Edit: Frame in question

FmWUSraaEAA8all
Disappointed but not surprised by the no capture, I hope that she does follow him but I’m not going to hold my breath

MegaSalamence05

Oh right, if people count Solgaleo of all things as an Ashmon, Meloetta has to count as an Ashmon

AND YET IT'S NOT ON THE POSTER
Well there's a big difference. Being entrusted by it by 2 Box Art Legendary Pokémon vs Wood, songs and Rock N Roll. I look at Meloetta in the same way as Azelf. A partnership forged out of circumstance during a calamity that needed to be quelled.

Solgaleo was raised 2 Evo stages and Meloetta became a love interest for Oshawott, Pikachu and Piplup. ( I forget if Pikachu was involved here.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Yeah, i am going to hold out on latias following him umtil i see it. I feel like the current epiaode set the expectations right for the series. Its going to be super casual, with probably some enlmphasis on the companions each episode.
that's fine. Still, seems to be pretty hinted as such. It's basically deja vu since it's seemingly going to be like Gengar, Gible, and Krokorok :d

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Oh right, if people count Solgaleo of all things as an Ashmon, Meloetta has to count as an Ashmon

Meloetta bonded with Ash like other PoTD sure and Ash helped it out sure
But Ash literally RAISED Solgaleo
Being the dad that stepped up after the parent nebbies abandoned their child after weird dream sex

PsychoLogical

There's a difference between what was essentially a companion aka Meloetta and something he personally raised aka Solgaleo.

Red and Blue

If Ash continues to just use four reserves with Latias appearing in the background I'm still hopeful he catches her at the end. In a way it does make sense to save the final on screen capture for the final episode.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I don't really get the logic behind his final capture being some literal who Latias though. At least if it was something with some emotional weight, like Solgaleo or Larvitar, it'd make sense...here, it's just some random capture who won't even get to do anything at the end.
Unless....they used that poll with M5 winning to help determine some things. Latias is actually M5 Latias and lost her memory from that TRio headbonk. She will be revealed at episode 11 and Ash catches her, or she just goes with him.

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody think Psyduck can do confusion in it's own without having a headache after all these year's

Guy100

Tell that to meloetta, buddy. Every rule have exceptions.

If latias is seen next episode, I'll believe.
You have a point with Meoletta, since many fans felt it would eventually become Ashs new pokemon, however the fact that Latias was introduced early on in the series and is now following Ash seems to imply that it will play a role in this mini-series. I think its obvious the writers are aware of how much fans like Latias, compared to Meoletta, so I dont see how it wouldn't end up being a part of Ash's team.

On the contrary to Meoletta, Krookodile did also follow Ash, with it appearing in random episodes, before Ash finally asked it to join his team. I think Krookodile, was one of or if not the only Pokemon Ash caught, that took him the longest to capture due to it constantly following him, before Ash realized it was meant to be his pokemon.

I just felt the writers teased us for a reason, by show casing Ash to only have 5 pokemon on hand in the first episode, after nursing Latias back to health, just for it to have second thoughts of departing from Ash, just to see it have an interest in him towards the end. If you ask me, thats a bit way too much of a coincidence for it to not amount to anything.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
He is traveling again, there is no base or reason for him to go back home every episode. It was very easy to understand.

Anyways, per the preview that just aired the EP2 team is Leavanny, Totodile, Corpish and Rowlett.
Exited for EP3 lineup.
Wait so you are telling me that his Alola team is back at Oaks lab? Cause Leavanny, Totodile, Corpish is at Oaks and no way he is sending Noivern, Buizel, Donphan and Sceptile to Kukui for Rowlett

kickachu

Momentai!
Anybody think in the last episode there will be a hint ash will return. For example in the end of dbgt Goku said until we meet again guys and we met him again or better yet in the last episode of Digimon adventure narrator said the adventure didn't end. I was thinking that even though ash won't be a main protagonist he might end up like the original gang of Digimon 01 example tai where he shows up once and a while to help the new kids

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Wait so you are telling me that his Alola team is back at Oaks lab? Cause Leavanny, Totodile, Corpish is at Oaks and no way he is sending Noivern, Buizel, Donphan and Sceptile to Kukui for Rowlett
Or he could have just sent the four back to Oak, got Leavanny, Totodile, Corpish and then asked Kukui for Rowlett. The anime has shown us plenty of times how easy it is to transfer pokemon directly or indirectly to Ash from lots of sources.

As is, I wish he had some this sort of rotation much sooner. Better late than never I guess.

vondecayle

Anybody think Psyduck can do confusion in it's own without having a headache after all these year's
No and his headache is a gag that it’s played for comedy so I doubt they will ever change it, just like he will never learn to swim.

World Turtle

So going by PokeDex entries what Pokemon just sound like something that'd fit perfectly with Ash that he ended up not getting?

Like Passimian? AKA the Teamwork Pokemon? "They form groups of roughly 20 individuals. Their mutual bond is remarkable—they will never let down a comrade."

Or Dreepy? "If this weak Pokémon is by itself, a mere child could defeat it. But if Dreepy has friends to help it train, it can evolve and become much stronger."

MegaSalamence05

If there's a character that should be brought back that has a really good story both in game and with Ash actually.

Have Anabel take over ownership and become the lead Ultra Guardian of Alola. We got Lana, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophocles over there with Lillie and Gladion now back. Have Anabel shown that she's travelled to Alola and helped out Kukui in Ash's absence. Like as Battle Frontier brain she has notoriety. Just a thought.

PsychoLogical

Well Hisuian Typhlosion (or any other Hisui Pokémon) haven't appear in the Anime yet so maybe it evolve into that in a Hisui episode.
they would have to come up with something that allows it since Hisuian evos from non-hisuian form mons are basically lost to time and dont seem to be obtainable anymore.

Guy100

they would have to come up with something that allows it since Hisuian evos from non-hisuian form mons are basically lost to time and dont seem to be obtainable anymore.
Coming up with something shouldn't be that hard I think, if the writers choose to re-introduce the G/S Ball, or have some random Celebii appear and magically whisk Ash and Quilava into the ancient Hisuian time period, where either Ash captures a Hisuian Pokemon or his Quilava takes on the evolution of Hisuian Typhosion.

After all, time travel in the anime, has been done quite often, most recently happening to Ash in the Aloan arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.