• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickachu

Momentai!
Question if ash is leaving why is the team rocket trio still doing the paldea trip anybody think they go after the new characters

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Unless....they used that poll with M5 winning to help determine some things. Latias is actually M5 Latias and lost her memory from that TRio headbonk. She will be revealed at episode 11 and Ash catches her, or she just goes with him.
Ash isn't catching Latias, and quite frankly I don't really want him to catch her since after the Paldea anime starts in April we probably won't see either of them again for at least a year or two (and future appearances will be as rare as the appearances of Misty and Brock from Unova onward).

Latias just doesn't have a chance of getting good character development if she's caught by somebody who is about to be put on a bus.

Master Pikachu 11

Ash isn't catching Latias, and quite frankly I don't really want him to catch her since after the Paldea anime starts in April we probably won't see either of them again for at least a year or two (and future appearances will be as rare as the appearances of Misty and Brock from Unova onward).

Latias just doesn't have a chance of getting good character development if she's caught by somebody who is about to be put on a bus.
Like they care about development, because if they did then all of Ash’s Journeys mons would have been treated better then they did

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Eh it's naive to immediately dismiss the possibility.

For one, development literally means sh1t now.

For two, it's an epilogue mini-saga. There's basically plenty to do even if its not enough.

And I should note that people wanting Latias to be caught is more for symbolic reasons and not for development gibberish which has long been discarded if early Journeys wasn't any indication and how they didn't get horsecrap until midway.

Using the "development" card as an argument against captures at this point is just lazy.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Question if ash is leaving why is the team rocket trio still doing the paldea trip anybody think they go after the new characters
Because marketing said that they needed to promote Paldea, and this was the best way.

Guy100

On the contrary, if Ash does catch Latias, it wouldn't need much character development. In the past, Ash has caught plenty of Pokemon that haven't had much character development or let alone alot of screen time, but were still iconic because they were fan favorite.

Case in point being Snorlax, Dragonite, Heracross, Kingler, Pigeot, Muk, Tauros, and especially Mr. Mime.

The Pokemon anime has shown to fans in the past, that its possible to show case a Pokemon's character development within a single or a few good episodes for viewers to get to know how Ash and a Pokemon sync up together.

Dragonite being a prime example, as Ash was only able to build a trust with it, by helping it to learn how to fly, which it then evolved from a Dragoniar to Dragonite, where we soon learned it was very affectionate (isn't afraid to hug new people or Pokemon), as was shown in the same episode it evolved, and is willing to do anything for Ash, despite its hesitation for love of battles, which was shown when Ash faced Iris. All of this happens in just a few episodes. A mini-arc was never needed like what was done with Ash's previous unevolved Pokemon, which needed training to reach their maturity of growth.

Guy100

In all honesty no matter how much some people may not want Ash to catch Latias or anything or how people may feel about it, Ash catching Latias and/or any other Pokémon is a real possibility.
Especially seeing how Ash is likely to be showcasing only 4 of his reserves per episode of this mini-arc, interestingly enough. Leaving a vacant six slot open.

If Latias wasn't going to be important in this new mini-arc, its presence would have been a one-and done moment in the first episode, but apparently that is not the case for some reason. We are purposely being baited to possibly see it again, and I dont think its just for it to simply thank Ash as it already did in the first episode. Also, unlike the Meoletta story arc, this mini-arc is all about Ash and Pikachu bonding with old friends ( travel buddies/ previous and former Pokemon) while making friends with new Pokemon (possibly catching them), which episode 1 of this adventure revealed to be the purpose of Ash's current journey.

The fact that Latias has not properly built a connection with Ash, seems to imply that Ash will eventually befriend it, leading to a possible capture. And I'm fine with that, since that is how Ash essentially have caught most of his Pokemon in the history of the anime.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Coming up with something shouldn't be that hard I think, if the writers choose to re-introduce the G/S Ball, or have some random Celebii appear and magically whisk Ash and Quilava into the ancient Hisuian time period, where either Ash captures a Hisuian Pokemon or his Quilava takes on the evolution of Hisuian Typhosion.

After all, time travel in the anime, has been done quite often, most recently happening to Ash in the Aloan arc.
My guess would be Dialga especially because they can also showcase it's Origin Forme.
Simple, because it’s just likely a way for them to promote the gen 9 Pokémon until the new anime comes out in April.
Now I'm wondering if they'll do any more after Miraidon.

kickachu

Momentai!
question if trtrio leaves whos' going to be the big bad in the new series

Master Pikachu 11

Eh it's naive to immediately dismiss the possibility.

For one, development literally means sh1t now.

For two, it's an epilogue mini-saga. There's basically plenty to do even if its not enough.

And I should note that people wanting Latias to be caught is more for symbolic reasons and not for development gibberish which has long been discarded if early Journeys wasn't any indication and how they didn't get horsecrap until midway.

Using the "development" card as an argument against captures at this point is just lazy.
Exactly let him get a capture it will get its screen time for an episode or two and that’s that. These are the final episodes of his journey so they should let him capture it. As far as I’m concerned it’s not like he is going to use it to win an important battle, so they should just let him get it so this last episode won’t feel like they wasted my favorite legendary on a repetitive plot point that happens every series.

kickachu

Momentai!
Exactly let him get a capture it will get its screen time for an episode or two and that’s that. These are the final episodes of his journey so they should let him capture it. As far as I’m concerned it’s not like he is going to use it to win an important battle, so they should just let him get it so this last episode won’t feel like they wasted my favorite legendary on a repetitive plot point that happens every series.
dont worry he'll be back

MegaSalamence05

If there's one Pokemon that I'm eagerly anticipating to appear in this saga. It's Solgaleo.

Just because we've not seen it's Pokeball doesn't mean it't not his.

Look at what happened with Sceptile, Donphan and Noivern this past episode. I'm just waiting for one of his past rivals to appear and Ash unveils Solgaleo.

Paul, Gary, or whomever else has this face. It'd be priceless. I'm just saying.

Surprised_Pikachu.jpg

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
If there's one Pokemon that I'm eagerly anticipating to appear in this saga. It's Solgaleo.

Just because we've not seen it's Pokeball doesn't mean it't not his.

Look at what happened with Sceptile, Donphan and Noivern this past episode. I'm just waiting for one of his past rivals to appear and Ash unveils Solgaleo.

Paul, Gary, or whomever else has this face. It'd be priceless. I'm just saying.

Surprised_Pikachu.jpg
As hilarious as it sounds I doubt either of them would be all that shocked he has a Solgaleo, they know (deep down) that he's a pretty strong trainer who occasionally befriends legendary Pokemon. They might even have seen him on television with Solgaleo at some point.

MegaSalamence05

As hilarious as it sounds I doubt either of them would be all that shocked he has a Solgaleo, they know (deep down) that he's a pretty strong trainer who occasionally befriends legendary Pokemon. They might even have seen him on television with Solgaleo at some point.
I only want to see it happen primarily because of a possible return of Barry from Sinnoh. As the comedy's already there between the 2.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Although since he did not catch it he would have to specifically call on it for help, which I don't think that he would do unless he was extremely desperate.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Or he could have just sent the four back to Oak, got Leavanny, Totodile, Corpish and then asked Kukui for Rowlett. The anime has shown us plenty of times how easy it is to transfer pokemon directly or indirectly to Ash from lots of sources.
I know, what i mean was that the reason why his Alola team stayed in Alola instead of going to Oaks lab is because they are needed to defend Alola from UB attacks, even if they are "off duty" all 4 of them are still in Alola as a standby (see the 2 Alola episode in JN) so if Rowlett is able to leave Alola and rejoin Ash team even for 1 episode in other region, does that mean they are no longer needed to defend Alola from UB attack and got send to Oak lab

Status
Not open for further replies.