• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip12lov

ye ngl, the Legendaries such as Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, or really any of the “deity” level Legendaries such as the Creation and Tao Trio can be crossed off.

But specifically Solgaleo and Lunala along with the Legendaries on the “lower end” such as the Eon Duo, Bird Trio, and Beast Trio?

They’re absolutely fair game.
I would love him to get a solgaleo instead of Latias, It's Very more relevant, and he could mean something Just like the plot in episode 1 when Ash Saw a Ho-ho, that the sun was shining bright... It was a Solgaleo clarifing its way to Pokemon Master...
Something that makes sense to be Ash's unique legendary.
Another thing is that Solgaleo it's one of tree main legendary from region he became known as the Champion.

I really can't understand why Latias.

Also @jinnrob told about Mewtwo and Ho-ho characters delying them to be caught by Ash.
One, Go caught a Suicune that has the job to purify water across the world, It doesn't make sense remain under a trainer, but he does both things with no problem.

Two, arguments like "makes no sense" don't fit a lot in Pokemon anime series, so giving him Mewtwo and Ho-ho for me wouldn't be surprise...

vondecayle

If Ash gets Latias… will he use it in a battle?

World Turtle

I'll understand if this sounds dumb to you guys, but a part of me would like the anime staff/writers to reveal all the "what could have been captures" for Ash that didn't make the cut or couldn't be worked in. Sure, in fan-fics I can give him whoever I want, but a part of me would still like something official that I can geek out over if that makes any sense.

ShadowForce720

I'll understand if this sounds dumb to you guys, but a part of me would like the anime staff/writers to reveal all the "what could have been captures" for Ash that didn't make the cut or couldn't be worked in. Sure, in fan-fics I can give him whoever I want, but a part of me would still like something official that I can geek out over if that makes any sense.
I suspect that some or maybe all of the Pokémon that Ash tried to but failed to catch are all mons that they probably were considering giving him but didn’t make the final cut for one reason or another.

Other ones they may have considered giving him are ones that he heavily bonded with but didn’t catch.

World Turtle

I suspect that some or maybe all of the Pokémon that Ash tried to but failed to catch are all mons that they probably were considering giving him but didn’t make the final cut for one reason or another.

Other ones they may have considered giving him are ones that he heavily bonded with but didn’t catch.
Yeah I know, but it would be nice to get something official. Especially for Hoenn where all the "bond with, but not catch" went to May or Max. If there was anything else I'd like to know. I'm very curious about this.

Its like out of 135 Pokemon or 66 evolution lines (I think) they only felt five worked for Ash?

Phillip12lov

I still can't make threads , but I wanted One that would give example of Pokémon that would suit with Ash in every generation.

Mainly the ones he didn't make the Pattern like Kalos Alola and Galar

In Kalos, surely he should have a Skiddo as he missing grass type,
Also Litleo - Pyroar as his non avian fire type representative, even him with Talonflame there wouldn't problem having three fire types, since he had two dragons and three flying types.

In Alola It was missing the avian, that surely should be Trumbeak line, no problem again he having a Rowlet as flying too.
And Golisopod as the water type, he had Dracovish , so having a terrible monster again wouldn't be problem

In Galar, I think all three starters should be Ash's and all of them evolving fully, Corvisquire line too, and as sixth, not Sirfetch'd nor Dracovish, but Grimsnarl and Dragapult would be great.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I respectfully disagree.

It was refreshing not have the grass type in Kalos for a change and Talonflame filled well two spots in one slot...until Ash get two more flyers, but I like them in general.

Florges would be a nice change of flow to his team as his (official) introduction to the fairy type. And maybe clauncher/clawitzer as a back up water type, but, eh, we'll find soon enough.

I mantain that drampa and alolan raichu would be nice additions to the Alola team.

Not willing to talk about Galar yet.

Phillip12lov

I'm a fan of Skiddo at all, my favorite grass type.
But also could be Phamthump.

I really missed so a grass type in Kalos, stayed really bored after him not catch one.

Alola and Galar destroyed the rest.
I would really love Ash with whimpod- Golisopod and Pikipek - Trumbeak (I Hate Toucanoon)

Phillip12lov

I was really happy with them stopping that standard team lineup of Ash having to have 1-3 starters, region bird, at least one of water, fire, grass, etc.
I'm so addicted to that , you don't even know How, Just like:

In every game I try to make the team as Ash's standard:

Eletrick
Water (not fishes , Just Pokémon that can walk in land)
Grass (Never only plants, always something mixed with plants, generally animals)
Flying (birds, It must to be birds, i love birds...)
Fire
A sixth pokémon that can be any type besides the first five.

Just the same as Ash.

I get angry because in region like Kalos, I played with Fennekin, so I caught Skiddo as the grass type, Talonflame as the flying bird, Heliostic as the eletrick, Goodra as the sixth, but water I wanted a Pokémon from Kalos too, but i didn't like any option so I had to Go with Blastoise, I don't like Clauncher and his evolution is terrible in design aspect.
But If i had Froakie as the starter i could put Skiddo and Litleo/Pyroar...

So I loved Ash with Talonflame with fire type, but I wanted another fire type to be put in the slot of fire type, also Rowlet , I love him being flying type, but I wanted another avian to be in the slot of the flying type, Also had slot to the water type in Alola and whimpod suit Ash so much, remembers me Glicar, and let's be honest, Alola, Islands, water everywhere, Sea , and no water type to Ash ...

Galar destroyed everything, he didn't have grass, fire, and not even an avian, at least a flying type avian, it's so ridiculous the fact that Sirfetch'd is an avian and can't fly even If leave his leek....

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
In Kalos, surely he should have a Skiddo as he missing grass type,
Even after all these years, you are still dead set on Ash getting a Skiddo, aren’t you?

World Turtle

I know I’m repeating myself, but I would love if the anime staff revealed a “what could have been” list of captures for Ash. I don’t know how many it would be exactly. I’d find it hilarious if they give him enough to reach 150 (57+93), but I don’t think they’d do that. Maybe a top 30 or 50.

If they did that I hope there is something on it for everybody.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
And Misty has a new capture after I think nearly 20 years? Ironically the guy and Corphish are already looking like bros lmao.

Oh and it’s confirmed that there’s something going on with Latias, it was left vague in the previous ep but now it’s officially confirmed: She’s following Ash.
Albeit I guess being very incognito about it since no one seemed to notice her presence.

Fm6JuJfaYAEnWTh

Top right is Latias being invisible. It’s easy to miss if you’re not paying attention since it was only for a few frames.

MegaSalamence05

Just about to ask if Latias was in this episode. Good, I got my answer.

There's one off of the checklist.

We know Latias is following Ash. If Ash was to complete the capture, which I'm now 99.99% he will capture it. All of the things in the treasure chest would be completed. Legendary and a female-only Pokemon. (Legendary as in Pokeball shown on screen) Solgaleo is Ash's but because it's Pokeball is left ambiguous it's unfortunately falls in the category of Mr.Mime for over 1000 episodes lol. (Prior to Journeys it's Pokeball was never shown).
Good. Now we shall figure out whats next.

ZarudeSandstorm

Ash will likely catch Latias since that would meet the quota of Ash never catching female only and Legendary Pokemon.

If Ash keeps up bringing his 4 Pokemon on this last journey, that means all of his Pokemon that are at Kukui and Oak would appear with him except
Pokemon at training, released Pokemon, Mr. Mime and 29 Tauros
Training and released Pokemon will appear but won't return to Kukui/Oak in next episodes( or maybe they will, I would like to see Primeape at Oak's).

Status
Not open for further replies.