• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip12lov

If they kept the Flying, Grass, Fire, Water, and Wild Card pattern going who do you think Ash would have caught?

I’m fine with Talonflame and Rowlet pulling double duty. Though I’ll note Litleo and Pikipek would probably have otherwise been caught.

Grass in Kalos: Skiddo or Phantump

Water in Alola: one of the Water Bugs I guess? He does bond with a Wimpod

Galar:
Flying: Corviknight
Grass: Grookey or one of the Apple Dragons
Fire: Coalossal or Centiskorch
Water: Dracovish (so we got one checked off)

I’m actually okay with Ash not getting the Galar Starters. It changes things up.
Finally somebody that agrees a lot with me.
You remembered Skiddo, Phamthump and Litleo. I really would love him with Skiddo and a female Pyroar.

While Surely in Alola he should have caught the whimpod he bonded, that Pokémon screams an Ash's capture. While Trumbeak and Dartrix would be a cool duo of avians where both can use grass moves, leafage and bullet seed together.

Galar the Water type I think his First legendary should be Ushifu from water, while grass Zarude, Fire I can't lie I really wanted Ash with Scorbunny LINE , It was one of the greatest fire-line I've ever saw.

But another examples could be charcoal as fire and Appletun as grass, that least one gives me Torcoal and Turtwig vibes
Water even Dreadnow would suit way better than the horrible Dracovish.
And please Corvisquire line instead of an avian that can't fly and it's not even flying type.

World Turtle

Finally somebody that agrees a lot with me.
You remembered Skiddo, Phamthump and Litleo. I really would love him with Skiddo and a female Pyroar.

While Surely in Alola he should have caught the whimpod he bonded, that Pokémon screams an Ash's capture. While Trumbeak and Dartrix would be a cool duo of avians where both can use grass moves, leafage and bullet seed together.

Galar the Water type I think his First legendary should be Ushifu from water, while grass Zarude, Fire I can't lie I really wanted Ash with Scorbunny LINE , It was one of the greatest fire-line I've ever saw.

But another examples could be charcoal as fire and Appletun as grass, that least one gives me Torcoal and Turtwig vibes
Water even Dreadnow would suit way better than the horrible Dracovish.
And please Corvisquire line instead of an avian that can't fly and it's not even flying type.

Well I'll note technically Noivern is primary Flying and we had Goodra covering Dragon.

So Talonflame could be the Fire type while Noivern is the Flying type. The Flyer doesn't have to always be the regional bird.

Phillip12lov

Well I'll note technically Noivern is primary Flying and we had Goodra covering Dragon.

So Talonflame could be the Fire type while Noivern is the Flying type. The Flyer doesn't have to always be the regional bird.
I think the cool thing is him having the regional bird, also in Kalos two fire types/flying types would be better than the 3 three flying types.

World Turtle

I think the cool thing is him having the regional bird, also in Kalos two fire types/flying types would be better than the 3 three flying types.
Three ground types in Sinnoh worked just fine.

Question for everyone: Out of curiosity if they had continued the Bug, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water pattern Kanto/Johto did who’d you want Ash to get?

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Three ground types in Sinnoh worked just fine.

Question for everyone: Out of curiosity if they had continued the Bug, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water pattern Kanto/Johto did who’d you want Ash to get?
Although in this case XY had very horrible type diversity altogether. In fact Ash's XY team is his least diverse team in terms of types ever, with only Electric, Water, Dark, Fire, Flying, Fighting, and Dragon represented. That is just 7/18 types, or less than half of the total amount of types.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Ash isn't known for being tech savvy. And having a friend like Clemont doesn't mean he's instantly familiar with it either.
Dude…he’s used computers before. Even then, this would be well beyond ‘not being tech savvy’.

World Turtle

I don't know why I left the forum, but it's good be back, even those last three generations had destroying my beloved Ash's Pattern.
I don’t think they destroyed it. They just cut it down to a top 5.

I mean like back in RGBY? Snolax, Lapras, and Mr. Mime were all event Pokémon. Gift, Trade, Special Encounter, etc.

Alola is two starters and a bunch of event Pokémon. Two Starters, Dusk Form Lycanroc, Ultra Beast, and Mythical.

Last edited:

Phillip12lov

I don’t think they destroyed it. They just cut it down to a top 5.

I mean like back in RGBY? Snolax, Lapras, and Mr. Mime were all event Pokémon. Gift, Trade, Special Encounter, etc.

Alola is two starters and a bunch of event Pokémon. Two Starters, Dusk Form Lycanroc, Ultra Beast, and Mythical.
They destroyed the types Pattern:

Eletrick - water - grass - flying ( always avian) - fire - a sixth random type.

They destroyed It from sixth generation ahead, till Unova we still had Pikachu - Oswawott - Snivy - Tranquilo - Pignite - Scraggy/ krookodile, despite sometimes Ash made rotations with Tranquil.

It doesn't matter If Pokémon is a starter or not, the Pattern was about the 5 types with a sixth random type that many times were replaced, Just like Gliscor leaving for Gible to enter his slot, Or Primeape entering in the slot of Butterfree.

Status
Not open for further replies.