• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

ShadowForce720

They destroyed the types Pattern:

Eletrick - water - grass - flying ( always avian) - fire - a sixth random type.

They destroyed It from sixth generation ahead, till Unova we still had Pikachu - Oswawott - Snivy - Tranquilo - Pignite - Scraggy/ krookodile, despite sometimes Ash made rotations with Tranquil.

It doesn't matter If Pokémon is a starter or not, the Pattern was about the 5 types with a sixth random type that many times were replaced, Just like Gliscor leaving for Gible to enter his slot, Or Primeape entering in the slot of Butterfree.
I don’t see that really being such a bad thing as it allowed more options as type what could join Ash’s team rather then restricting it to very specific type of mons.

In all honesty I think it would of been perfect fine if they done away with that pattern in Hoenn and Sinnoh as well.

World Turtle

They destroyed the types Pattern:

Eletrick - water - grass - flying ( always avian) - fire - a sixth random type.

They destroyed It from sixth generation ahead, till Unova we still had Pikachu - Oswawott - Snivy - Tranquilo - Pignite - Scraggy/ krookodile, despite sometimes Ash made rotations with Tranquil.

It doesn't matter If Pokémon is a starter or not, the Pattern was about the 5 types with a sixth random type that many times were replaced, Just like Gliscor leaving for Gible to enter his slot, Or Primeape entering in the slot of Butterfree.

The Flying type doesn’t always have to be avian. The Regional or an Early Bird like the Starters are a staple of the Pokémon Games and yet they’ve chosen to give him alternative Fire and Water types in the past. If they can do that with the Starters they can do it with the Bird too hence Noivern (Talonflame takes the Fire spot)

Technically in OS (which tbf had a lot of early installment weirdness) covers both Kanto and Johto. The first pattern was Pikachu, Bug, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water followed by whatever else the writers chose.

I don’t see that really being such a bad thing as it allowed more options as type what could join Ash’s team rather then restricting it to very specific type of mons.

In all honesty I think it would have been perfect fine if they done away with that pattern in Hoenn and Sinnoh as well.
On one hand I agree variety is the spice of life or however that saying goes, but on the other hand and I say this as a writer I do like the idea that there is a theme to what Ash gets.

ShadowForce720

The Flying type doesn’t always have to be avian. The Regional or an Early Bird like the Starters are a staple of the Pokémon Games and yet they’ve chosen to give him alternative Fire and Water types in the past. If they can do that with the Starters they can do it with the Bird too hence Noivern (Talonflame takes the Fire spot)

Technically in OS (which tbf had a lot of early installment weirdness) covers both Kanto and Johto. The first pattern was Pikachu, Bug, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water followed by whatever else the writers chose.

On one hand I agree variety is the spice of life or however that saying goes, but on the other hand and I say this as a writer I do like the idea that there is a theme to what Ash gets.
They could have both by having the theme of Ash’s team change each region.

Phillip12lov

One: Oh my God, the Pattern can't be set by Just the first team of him in kanto.

Two: The flying type representative doesn't always has to be an avian (especifically route 1 bird)? Yes, I know It, but every generation they did It until sixth generation (Yes , I consider Talonflame in the flying type avian slot, not the fire slot).

Three: I never brought the matter about starters, but representatives ones from their types, I know Corphysh and Buizel were in the slot of water type in generations 3 and 4, and Torcoal in the slot of fire in generation 3, I don't desagree about that, what I'm trying to say is that in every generation from 1 to 5 he had a representative One for every type that repeats always in his team (because of This I consider a pattern)

Let's get It clear:

Pattern:

Electrick slot/ water slot/ grass slot/ flying avian slot/fire slot/ sixth random type always different from the other 5 types slots and they are sometimes replaced.

Kanto? : Pikachu / Squirtle/ Bulbasaur/ Pidgeot/ Charizard/ Butterfree (bug) - Primeape (fighting),

Jotho?: Pikachu / Totodile / Bayleef /
Noctowl / Cyndaquil/ Phanpy (ground)

Hoenn?: Pikachu / Corphysh/ Grovyle / Swellow / Torcoal / Glalie (ice)

Sinnoh?: Pikachu / Buizel / Torterra /
Staraptor / Infernape / Gliscor (ground) - Gible (Dragon/ground)

Unova?: Pikachu / Oswawott / Snivy /
Unfezunt / Pignite / Scraggy (fighting/ Dark) - Krookodile (Ground/ Dark)

Note that Ground type is recurrent as his sixth pokémon, but that didn't happened in kanto and Hoenn, so the sixth slot can't be set by Just One type.

Also note that in Unova , despite the rotations, the parttern still happened

Now...
When things changed?

Kalos?: Pikachu / Greninja / ????????????? /
Talonflame / ?????????????/ Howlucha (fighting) - Goodra (Dragon) - Noivern (Dragon)

Alola?: Pikachu/ ????????????/ Rowlet / ?????????????/ Incineroar/ Lyncarock (rock) - Nadagnadel (Dragon/Poison) - Melmetal (Metal)

Journeys , we Just had Pikachu (eletrick slot) and Dracovish (water slot) to be representative ones from that Pattern, but the rest was destroyed, while we didn't even travel through just One New region (another pattern broken).

Do You understand now, the Pattern that I was reffering that I loved and It was broken?

Trainer Micah

]
One: Oh my God, the Pattern can't be set by Just the first team of him in kanto.

Two: The flying type representative doesn't always has to be an avian (especifically route 1 bird)? Yes, I know It, but every generation they did It until sixth generation (Yes , I consider Talonflame in the flying type avian slot, not the fire slot).

Three: I never brought the matter about starters, but representatives ones from their types, I know Corphysh and Buizel were in the slot of water type in generations 3 and 4, and Torcoal in the slot of fire in generation 3, I don't desagree about that, what I'm trying to say is that in every generation from 1 to 5 he had a representative One for every type that repeats always in his team (because of This I consider a pattern)

Let's get It clear:

Pattern:

Electrick slot/ water slot/ grass slot/ flying avian slot/fire slot/ sixth random type always different from the other 5 types slots and they are sometimes replaced.

Kanto? : Pikachu / Squirtle/ Bulbasaur/ Pidgeot/ Charizard/ Butterfree (bug) - Primeape (fighting),

Note that Ground type is recurrent as his sixth pokémon, but that didn't happened in kanto and Hoenn, so the sixth slot can't be set by Just One type.

Now...
When things changed?

Talonflame / ?????????????/ Howlucha (fighting) - Goodra (Dragon) - Noivern (Dragon)

Alola?: Pikachu/ ????????????/ Rowlet / ?????????????/ Incineroar/ Lyncarock (rock) - Nadagnadel (Dragon/Poison) - Melmetal (Metal)

Journeys , we Just had Pikachu (eletrick slot) and Dracovish (water slot) to be representative ones from that Pattern, but the rest was destroyed, while we didn't even travel through just One New region (another pattern broken).

Do You understand now, the Pattern that I was reffering that I loved and It was broken?

Eh? Noted i guess i'll say.

Phillip12lov

Three ground types in Sinnoh worked just fine.

Question for everyone: Out of curiosity if they had continued the Bug, Flying, Grass, Fire, and Water pattern Kanto/Johto did who’d you want Ash to get?

They basically already left since they were largely absent in journeys.
But they are appearing in Paldea trying to steal Pokemon from that region. I don't know If they will really leave.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But they are appearing in Paldea trying to steal Pokemon from that region. I don't know If they will really leave.
I think that the Trio will stay around to provide something familiar for older fans. This is the very first time that they are changing protagonists, and unless this is going to be a hard reboot I think that there will be some old characters returning in order to remind viewers that this new saga is set in the same world as the past sagas. And the TR Trio will be the most prominent returning characters. The fact that they are actively bonding with Paldean Pokemon suggests that they are indeed staying around.

ShadowForce720

That’s only to promote Scarlet&Violet and the gen 9 Pokémon until the new anime comes out.

So there is literally no reason to expect Team Rocket Trio to stick around as they don’t have any links to the new characters. Plus it would incredibly force for them to stay apart of Team Rocket and just to just randomly stop going after Pikachu for no apparent reason just to chase Riko/Liko and Roy around.

I think that the Trio will stay around to provide something familiar for older fans. This is the very first time that they are changing protagonists, and unless this is going to be a hard reboot I think that there will be some old characters returning in order to remind viewers that this new saga is set in the same world as the past sagas. And the TR Trio will be the most prominent returning characters. The fact that they are actively bonding with Paldean Pokemon suggests that they are indeed staying around.
They are not actively bonding with the Paldean Pokémon, they are trying to catch them which is resulting in the Pokémon attacking and blasting them off.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
I don't think the paldea shorts mean anything. They just needed to throw gen 9 marketing in and couldn't do it in the main anime.

ShadowForce720

I guess It means something, team Rocket looks like it's staying
Not really because again it’s like merely just to hold things and promote the gen 9 Pokémon until the new anime starts.

It’s not an indication that Team Rocket Trio will be sticking around.

Also if they can get rid of Ash and Pikachu despite them being iconic and Pikachu being the mascot of the entire franchise, then they most certainly can get rid of Team Rocket Trio as well.

nickdt

Let's get It clear:

Pattern:

Now...
When things changed?

You can literally put Fighting in as a fixed slot as well though... since the only region he didn't get one was Hoenn (You forgot Heracross in Johto).

Phillip12lov

You can literally put Fighting in as a fixed slot as well though... since the only region he didn't get one was Hoenn (You forgot Heracross in Johto).
I didn't forget, it's Just because when Ash was with Heracross in hands he didn't make the whole Jotho team, It was still mixed with kanto, so I didn't put Heracross because I couldn't say especifically that Phanpy took Heracross's slot...

Just like, we didn't have: Pikachu/Totodile/Chikorita/Noctowl/ Cyndaquil/ Heracross (Bug/fighting) for later Heracross's sixth slot to be replaced with Phanpy (ground)

The truth is that in Jotho, Bulbasaur kinda took the sixth slot through fourth Season and a little bit of fifth, maybe we could consider him the Poison type in the sixth slot, that ocasionally after some episodes left to be lab leader, Ash gained Phanpy's egg, so clearly Bulbasaur It was taking a pseudo sixth slot, since he's not a Jotho native.

Believe in me , All Pokémon I didn't mention is because It was unacessary to the pattern explanation.

While you brought a great point really interesting, about fighting type;
If we consider the 8 generations, we can say that he didn't fulfill grass type slot in 2 generations , fire in 1 generation and water in One generation.

But fighting Just like grass we didn't have in generation 3 and 7, and if we can consider that possible "fighting slot" we'll have:
Gen 1: Primeape
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: ??????
Gen 4: Infernape """"sharing fire slot"""""
Gen 5: Scraggy
Gen 6: Howlucha
Gen 7: ?????????
Gen 8: Lucario/ Sirfetch'd

So If we consider Infernape for fighting slot, and Talonflame for flying avian slot, se won't have a fire type representative for gen 4, 6, 8

If we consider Talonflame and Infernape for fire slot, we won't have a fire representative for gen 8 only, but also we won't have a flying avian representative for gen 6,7 and 8 and won't have a fighting representative for gen 3,4 and 7.

If we consider the repetition of types only, we didn't have fighting type for 2 generations Just like grass type and flying type avians.

Concluding that If it's about repetition of types through all 8 generations, fighting types could be a pattern Just like grass or flying (avians) type.

But remember that in the pattern I mentioned It was till generation 5, when a sixth fighting type slot never happened in generations 3 and 4, different from the other 5 types that repeated without missing even when Ash didn't get a starter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.