• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Honestly, I don't have anything against Latias. But if Ash is truly going to leave the anime, I believe the last Pokemon he should capture is Mewtwo.

Happy to know Ash's Squirtle is returning but... Do you think they are planing to make it evolve to Blastoise? I mean, ever since the beginning, most of Pokefans have wished to see Ash with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur.

Veedramon

I think not.
Squirtle would have to become a Wartortle first, and I doubt it would evolve twice in one episode.
But why though? We already know what a Wartortle looks like.

EDIT: It's evident that I didn't follow that brief conversation closely enough. Oof!
I think they can get away with it returning as a Blastoise already

Last edited:

nickdt

I didn't forget, it's Just because when Ash was with Heracross in hands he didn't make the whole Jotho team, It was still mixed with kanto, so I didn't put Heracross because I couldn't say especifically that Phanpy took Heracross's slot...

Just like, we didn't have: Pikachu/Totodile/Chikorita/Noctowl/ Cyndaquil/ Heracross (Bug/fighting) for later Heracross's sixth slot to be replaced with Phanpy (ground)

The truth is that in Jotho, Bulbasaur kinda took the sixth slot through fourth Season and a little bit of fifth, maybe we could consider him the Poison type in the sixth slot, that ocasionally after some episodes left to be lab leader, Ash gained Phanpy's egg, so clearly Bulbasaur It was taking a pseudo sixth slot, since he's not a Jotho native.

Believe in me , All Pokémon I didn't mention is because It was unacessary to the pattern explanation.

While you brought a great point really interesting, about fighting type;
If we consider the 8 generations, we can say that he didn't fulfill grass type slot in 2 generations , fire in 1 generation and water in One generation.

But fighting Just like grass we didn't have in generation 3 and 7, and if we can consider that possible "fighting slot" we'll have:
Gen 1: Primeape
Gen 2: Heracross
Gen 3: ??????
Gen 4: Infernape """"sharing fire slot"""""
Gen 5: Scraggy
Gen 6: Howlucha
Gen 7: ?????????
Gen 8: Lucario/ Sirfetch'd

So If we consider Infernape for fighting slot, and Talonflame for flying avian slot, se won't have a fire type representative for gen 4, 6, 8

If we consider Talonflame and Infernape for fire slot, we won't have a fire representative for gen 8 only, but also we won't have a flying avian representative for gen 6,7 and 8 and won't have a fighting representative for gen 3,4 and 7.

If we consider the repetition of types only, we didn't have fighting type for 2 generations Just like grass type and flying type avians.

Concluding that If it's about repetition of types through all 8 generations, fighting types could be a pattern Just like grass or flying (avians) type.

But remember that in the pattern I mentioned It was till generation 5, when a sixth fighting type slot never happened in generations 3 and 4, different from the other 5 types that repeated without missing even when Ash didn't get a starter.

Kalos
Water slot: Greninja
Fire slot: Talonflame
Fighting slot: Hawlucha
Dragon slot: Goodra
Flying slot: Noivern

Phillip12lov

Honestly, I don't have anything against Latias. But if Ash is truly going to leave the anime, I believe the last Pokemon he should capture is Mewtwo.

Happy to know Ash's Squirtle is returning but... Do you think they are planing to make it evolve to Blastoise? I mean, ever since the beginning, most of Pokefans have wished to see Ash with Charizard, Blastoise and Venusaur.
I Just told about Ash capture Mewtwo, would be be really iconic.

Phillip12lov

Kalos
Water slot: Greninja
Fire slot: Talonflame
Fighting slot: Hawlucha
Dragon slot: Goodra
Flying slot: Noivern
It doesn't exist that pattern, mainly because there wasn't Dragon slot for four generations, and fighting I already talked about.
The truth is , everybody was used to Ash get regional bird and a trio of water/fire/grass all the time, from Kalos ahead that changed.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!

Mewtwo getting captured makes no sense to its story and Ash catching it doesn't fit.

Phillip12lov

Mewtwo getting captured makes no sense to its story and Ash catching it doesn't fit.
You say It as a rule, and that thing is subjective, you can't decide that It doesn't fit, it's what you think, not a fact, since Pokémon has no sense in many aspects.
Such as Ash getting Pokémon that doesn't "fit him" like Muk, Glalie , Boldore, Melmetal and Dracovish, I think those ones doesn't fit, but it's again subjective.

If they writters decide that Ash will end with Mewtwo , then they will do it, and Will also do it with no problem about making sense or not.

Again, I don't understand people's arguments of "It doesn't make sense" about Pokémon.
Pikachu defeated two Geodude , One in kanto and another One in Hoenn from gym leaders .
"It doesn't make sense" so It doesn't make sense"

World Turtle

It doesn't exist that pattern, mainly because there wasn't Dragon slot for four generations, and fighting I already talked about.
The truth is , everybody was used to Ash get regional bird and a trio of water/fire/grass all the time, from Kalos ahead that changed.
I think the difference between out viewpoints is you're only looking at the core lineup while I'm looking at the whole thing and noting that spots get cut when they limit things to Pikachu + Top 5.

Disclaimer: The following is just a theory and not a statement of fact. If you disagree that's okay.

Counting Larvitar it would be more accurate to call the Dragon slot the Pseudo-Legendary Slot at least till we get an official name for that "group" of Pokemon. Notably they've been an every even number generation thing:
2: Larvitar
4: Gible
6: Goodra
8: Dragonite... we've been robbed of Ash getting Dreepy I tell you! Robbed! So okay since Dragonite isn't Galar it might be more accurate to say he fills this spot every odd number series: OS (1-so both Kanto and Johto), DP (3), XY (5), and JN (7)

Unova went up to 9 and was OS 2.0 (so counting Kanto and Johto)
Kanto/Johto Starters = Unova Starters
Pidgeot = Unfezant
Kingler = Palpitoad
Primeape = Scraggy
Donphan = Krookodile
Butterfree = Leavanny
Muk = Boldore, but wait wouldn't Garbodor make more sense here you might say?

Well looking back at Hoenn and ahead to Alola it appears every odd number generation they'll give Ash some sort of "elemental embodiment".
Gen 1: Muk-pile of toxic sludge
Gen 3: Glalie-a ball of snow/ice
Gen 5: Boldore-a rock
Gen 7: Melmetal-a mass of living liquid metal

There is also another odd group of special pokemon based around "events" either in-game or through distributions (gift, trade, overworld encounter, fossil, etc.) that at least at the time of that generation were unique or one of a kind. Lapras, Snorlax, Mr. Mime, Dusk Lycanroc, Solgaleo, Nagnadel, and Dracovish. And there is no limit to these they can give him as many as they want and they can be any type.

The sole oddity among his captures after the end of the core Flying, Grass, Fire, Water team is Gengar, but in hindsight we know now this is Ash's last hurrah, they could be correcting their fumble with Haunter back during OS, they could be wanting to check off all the types for him, and well Gengar is a Kanto Pokemon. First generation always gets favoritism like this.

Phillip12lov

I think the difference between out viewpoints is you're only looking at the core lineup while I'm looking at the whole thing and noting that spots get cut when they limit things to Pikachu + Top 5.

Disclaimer: The following is just a theory and not a statement of fact. If you disagree that's okay.

Counting Larvitar it would be more accurate to call the Dragon slot the Pseudo-Legendary Slot at least till we get an official name for that "group" of Pokemon. Notably they've been an every even number generation thing:
2: Larvitar
4: Gible
6: Goodra
8: Dragonite... we've been robbed of Ash getting Dreepy I tell you! Robbed! So okay since Dragonite isn't Galar it might be more accurate to say he fills this spot every odd number series: OS (1-so both Kanto and Johto), DP (3), XY (5), and JN (7)

Unova went up to 9 and was OS 2.0 (so counting Kanto and Johto)
Kanto/Johto Starters = Unova Starters
Pidgeot = Unfezant
Kingler = Palpitoad
Primeape = Scraggy
Donphan = Krookodile
Butterfree = Leavanny
Muk = Boldore, but wait wouldn't Garbodor make more sense here you might say?

Well looking back at Hoenn and ahead to Alola it appears every odd number generation they'll give Ash some sort of "elemental embodiment".
Gen 1: Muk-pile of toxic sludge
Gen 3: Glalie-a ball of snow/ice
Gen 5: Boldore-a rock
Gen 7: Melmetal-a mass of living liquid metal

There is also another odd group of special pokemon based around "events" either in-game or through distributions (gift, trade, overworld encounter, fossil, etc.) that at least at the time of that generation were unique or one of a kind. Lapras, Snorlax, Mr. Mime, Dusk Lycanroc, Solgaleo, Nagnadel, and Dracovish. And there is no limit to these they can give him as many as they want and they can be any type.

The sole oddity among his captures after the end of the core Flying, Grass, Fire, Water team is Gengar, but in hindsight we know now this is Ash's last hurrah, they could be correcting their fumble with Haunter back during OS, they could be wanting to check off all the types for him, and well Gengar is a Kanto Pokemon. First generation always gets favoritism like this.
Ok... I think... There's no way we desagree, since... I was taking about One thing and you brought another matter.

I agree a lot with you, but there are parts that I didn't get , could you be clearer?

I found interesting about muk glalie boldore and Melmetal, but about tou say that the only strange thing after destroy flying/fire/grass/water is Gengar I desagree, If I use your arguments Sirfetch'd makes no sense since he's an avian, ok done, but he's not a flying type?
And why giving him an only fighting type since we already had Lucario with that spot? And why giving him Dragonite since Dracovish had water and Dragon together? Dragonite and Sirfetch'd could easily né replaced by Dragapult (ghost) and an avian that can fly (Corvinight), while If we replaced Gengar for Dragapult se wouldn't need another ghost , so Gengar could be replaced by a grass or fire type. Then, Journeys as whole It doesn't make sense for me.

I understood your arguments about Pokemon from Alola, but he had space ALL the time, and I must repeat: ALL THE TIME in the region to capture at least a water type and he didn't capture, same thing in Kalos, ALL THE TIME, He had space to have a grass type, but they decide not.

AARTX

Dead inside…
It's never going to happen, but I think the best episode title would be "Serena's Confession! Satoshi rejects her love!"

images

kickachu

Momentai!
Question how you think the reunion with primeaoe and Pidgeot will be since none of us were prepared for Butterfree

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Question how you think the reunion with primeaoe and Pidgeot will be since none of us were prepared for Butterfree
I don't know if it's a guarantee either come back, but Pidgeot will probably be similar to Butterfree. Primape is a weird situation with being under another trainer.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
I don't know if it's a guarantee either come back, but Pidgeot will probably be similar to Butterfree. Primape is a weird situation with being under another trainer.
Well since all of Ash Pokémon is shown for the MPM poster, safe to say they will appear again but the question is how would the writer address it. Like what you say, Primeape is a weird one due to it is in another trainer care and does the writer wants to give Ash a gen 9 mon like Annihilape or they have a "hi Primeape, nice to see you again and bye Primeape, good to see you again" situation

Status
Not open for further replies.