• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

Maybe they could have a post series round table discussion thing with writers, directors, etc.
Just saying, while I could give him anyone I want in my fan-fics and that’d be okay. A part of me still wants to see something official. Because I get it they can’t just give him a dozen or so Pokémon every region/series if they want to give them actual character development and be more than just battle drones or whatever.

Plus just general curiosity: who didn’t make the cut? We know Clefairy was going to be his original partner before they went with Pikachu for example. Or like Solgaleo (who wasn’t caught) what other Legendary do they see as honorary Ashmon?

Guy100

Well, aside the fact Ash’s team sixth slot constantly free for no good reason?

I'd think latias' chance of capture are 50/50, but, it can just be a huge tease for nothing and they just want to recycle meloetta's plot with even less time.
I'm about 80 percent sure that he'll be getting Latias, since this mini-arc is all about Ash, and the suppose purpose of this mini-adventure, according to Delia Ketchum, is Ash wanting to meet and befriend new Pokemon while meeting familiar companions along the way. Meloetta was only an exception, given it was soley featured to promote its own story arc.

The Latias shown to us in this mini-arc, will not be getting its own micro-plot adventure like Meoletta, and is seemingly being used to progress one of the plots of the mini-arc adventure of Ash wanting to achieve his goal to befriend a new Pokemon, thus I'm guessing is the reason the writers are showing us why Ash currently prefers to carry just a team of five pokemon with him, leaving a vacant slot. It seems Ash intends to catch something, but cant seem to make up his mind on what it maybe, and I'm using the Clauncher episode as the primary running gag of this, and the fact of Ash questioning of seeing Latias again.

Its just way too many subtle hints for why a Latias capture should not happen. Latias just seems interested in Ash, and wants to know more about him for some reason, sort of a similar situation with Aipom. This seems to be such a troupe with a majority of the female Pokemon Ash catches; Chikorita, Dragonite, Goodra and Aipom. Ash does something heroic or shows his caring nature, and the girl mon's are instantly infatuated with this and want to smoother him as if Ash were Tenchi Muyo himself.

I hate for Ash to carry a team consisting of Bayleaf, Ambipom, Dragonite, Goodra and Latias all together.

Last edited:

Guy100

Well, since most of the episodes of this mini-series has already been revealed. I'm guessing both Solgaleo and Nagendel will appear during the same episode. I just wonder how both Pokemon will be put to use for a episodic story.

World Turtle

you don’t have to list them all but with Ash leaving if he had gotten his own custom 150 or 151 Pokémon who would you have wanted him to catch?

Samurott

It's hard to believe we only have 4 unknown episodes left.

You guys notice how in all the reserve lineups so far, none of them have Ash's fighting types? Hopefully they're being saved for a Primape/Annihilape episode.

Another idea is that they could realistically do Tyranitar and Ash's Pidgeot in one episode. Kanto's Route 1 and Mt. Silver are pretty close together, and they could have a storyline where Pidgeot's flock migrates to Mt. Silver and they get into a turf war with Tyranitar, not knowing the whole mountain is its nest. The two of them stop fighting when they realize they both know Ash.

The 10th episode could be about Ash actually catching Latias while the 11th would be a Pallet Town reunion with Latias meeting and interacting with all of Ash's Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
You guys notice how in all the reserve lineups so far, none of them have Ash's fighting types? Hopefully they're being saved for a Primape/Annihilape episode.
Incineroar is in Ep 4, but I wouldn't be surprised if they saved Infernape for a Primeape episode.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Forretress appears
THERE IS A HUGE CHANCE FOR MARSHTOMP :D
Marshtomp should evolve into Swampert.
Misty caught Clauncher.
Cilan didn't catch anything.
Brock caught heartache.

I hope that if Dawn shows up one last time, they FINALLY give her something new.
If Pipup not evolving, then I hoping either her Quilava or Buneary evolves

World Turtle

Random thought: If Serena shows up I want it to be with a Rhyhorn egg (its the child of her family's Rhyhorn) and she gives it to Ash.

Why? Well JN basically gave Ash every type that was introduced in Kanto that he didn't get except Rock and Ground. Mr. Mime (retconned?) is Psychic, Dragonite is Dragon, and Gengar is Ghost.

Technically Mr. Mime also gives him his first Fairy and seeing as Melmetal was part of the LGPE Pokedex that counts for Steel (and well the only other option is Magnemite who is part Electric and with Pikachu as Ash's main I'm not seeing that happening...). Kanto has no Dark types (well they can be found there by Gen 2 at night, but they're considered a Johto Pokemon). So that leaves Ground and Rock.

Guy100

Any chance you all think that one of the remaining 4 episodes to the mini-arc special will feature a Safari Zone plot, re-introducing the return of Goh, where both he and Ash have a catching contest to see who can catch the most Pokemon under a time limit.

If not this, then perhaps a friendly battle betweem Ash and Goh, just to see how far Goh has improved as a trainer, and what new pokemon he's caught.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Any chance you all think that one of the remaining 4 episodes to the mini-arc special will feature a Safari Zone plot, re-introducing the return of Goh, where both he and Ash have a catching contest to see who can catch the most Pokemon under a time limit.

If not this, then perhaps a friendly battle betweem Ash and Goh, just to see how far Goh has improved as a trainer, and what new pokemon he's caught.
Goh vs Ash would be really fun!

World Turtle

If the SZ has expanded to include Pokémon from other regions it could be a good way to check off a bunch of the non-legendary Pokémon people have wanted Ash to get. I mean sure they won’t be the same POTD Ash met in past episodes, but then it’s not like Ash’s Gengar or Lucario are the Haunter, M8 Lucario, or Aura Sphere Riolu he met before.

I’d exclude Paldea Pokémon. Save those captures for his possible cameo in the next series.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
We didn't see anything from the short scene where Ash reunited with his Butterfree, but I would like to believe that, after that, both Butterfree and his mate decided staying with Ash and now live at Oak's lab alongside the rest of Ash's Pokemon.

And since Squirtle and Lapras are also returning, I would like to believe they are returning with Ash too. In Squirtle's episode, the "old gang" (Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) is reunited, so it would be fitting for Squirtle to return. As for Lapras, this is the second time it returns, and it doesn't seem to be any sign of his school, so I would like to believe he decides to stay with Ash too. Lapras is probably Ash's strongest Water Type ever, second only to Greninja.

World Turtle

We didn't see anything from the short scene where Ash reunited with his Butterfree, but I would like to believe that, after that, both Butterfree and his mate decided staying with Ash and now live at Oak's lab alongside the rest of Ash's Pokemon.

And since Squirtle and Lapras are also returning, I would like to believe they are returning with Ash too. In Squirtle's episode, the "old gang" (Pikachu, Charizard, Bulbasaur and Squirtle) is reunited, so it would be fitting for Squirtle to return. As for Lapras, this is the second time it returns, and it doesn't seem to be any sign of his school, so I would like to believe he decides to stay with Ash too. Lapras is probably Ash's strongest Water Type ever, second only to Greninja.
I just want a group shot with all of Ash's Pokemon in it.

This might explain the lack of evolutions or captures (besides foreshadowing Latias with her following him). Trying to shove all those big pokemon into a single shot and seeing as we're already at 57 Pokemon (not counting the extra Tauros) adding any more would make it even harder to pull off well.

...I'd still like a "what could have been" list of runner ups, honorary mentions, and others who couldn't make the cut to be an Ashmon. Give us a Top 30 or maybe 50 if they want to include Legendary and Paldea Pokemon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
..I'd still like a "what could have been" list of runner ups, honorary mentions, and others who couldn't make the cut to be an Ashmon. Give us a Top 30 or maybe 50 if they want to include Legendary and Paldea Pokemon.
If I had to guess, I think every pokemon who bonded with Ash in all these years of the show and he ends up not catching it was potentially for a capture the staff just decided not to do

For example, hippopotas and spoink. Ash met them more than once and he never got them.

The list of bonded pokemon is quite long, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.