• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

If I had to guess, I think every pokemon who bonded with Ash in all these years of the show and he ends up not catching it was potentially for a capture the staff just decided not to do

For example, hippopotas and spoink. Ash met them more than once and he never got them.

The list of bonded pokemon is quite long, tho.

Would that include cases like Lara’s Rapidash?

Though tbf it’s not like JN Gengar and Lucario are the same ones he met before.

I wouldn’t count failed capture attempts since you never know if we’re not meant to take those seriously or if they’re actual teases to what could have been.

Not sure if I’d count the time he worked with that Meowth, Arbok, and Weezing in that one OS episode. Especially when James got Pikachu, Ivysaur, and Charizard. It was clearly a deliberate team reversal situation.

I just want something official for the ambiguous cases.

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Ok, let me correct myself: each wild pokemon who bonded with him. Cases like rapidash, that bagon in Kanto/BF and aura sphere riolu could count, but, by the end, they already have trainers/family.

World Turtle

Ok, let me correct myself: each wild pokemon who bonded with him. Cases like rapidash, that bagon in Kanto/BF and aura sphere riolu could count, but, by the end, they already have trainers/family.
Right, I just want something official because looking through 1200 episodes on my own? There is a good chance I might miss some of the minor or more obscure ones.

Guy100

I just want a group shot with all of Ash's Pokemon in it.

This might explain the lack of evolutions or captures (besides foreshadowing Latias with her following him). Trying to shove all those big pokemon into a single shot and seeing as we're already at 57 Pokemon (not counting the extra Tauros) adding any more would make it even harder to pull off well.

...I'd still like a "what could have been" list of runner ups, honorary mentions, and others who couldn't make the cut to be an Ashmon. Give us a Top 30 or maybe 50 if they want to include Legendary and Paldea Pokemon.
You know it would not surprise me if Ash re-captured Butterfree offscreen during the brief montage in ep 136, and the writers debut it in one of the last episodes to surprise fans.

With that said, I feel that there has to be some pivotal point in this mini-series that really tests Ash's resolve to be a Pokemon Master. The only thing that comes to mind is Mewtwo, since no trainer has never beaten Mewtwo in a Pokemon battle. If the series concludes with Ash defeating Mewtwo, then I believe that would cement his ideology of proving himself to be a true pokemon master, by taking down the self-proclaimed world strongest pokemon.

Other than that, the previous mini-arc adventures shown so far to dont seem to add more strength to Ash's resolve to be a Pokemon Master.

I mean, how does Ash explain his resolve to Gary and us the audience. So far, he's simply traveling around the world like a civil servant looking to meet and help pokemon.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Right, I just want something official because looking through 1200 episodes on my own? There is a good chance I might miss some of the minor or more obscure ones.
Eh, from the top of my head, I can remember only these instances of wild 'mons with who Ash bonded:

Kanto: Gastly, haunter & gengar; Wartortle
Johto: Murkrow (x3)
Houenn/BF: Spoink; Weavile
Sinnoh: Hippopotas; Shieldon; Snover
Unova: Cottonee; Caterpie/metapod/butterfree
Kalos: Scatterbug/spewpa/vivillon; Skrelp
Alola: Wimpod; Alolan exeggutor; Passimian;
Journeys/MPM: Slowking (normal and Galar); beedrill; latias; hattena

Can't remember more than that.

Just occurred me that Mezase Pokemon Master poster includes all of Ash's pokemon and...meowth. It's probably just a reach, or because I just listened the Mezase Pokemon Master 2023, but, if Ash's last capture ends up being meowth, of all things, and latias is just a bait, I'll be damned!

World Turtle

Eh, from the top of my head, I can remember only these instances of wild 'mons with who Ash bonded:

Just occurred me that Mezase Pokemon Master poster includes all of Ash's pokemon and...meowth. It's probably just a reach, or because I just listened the Mezase Pokemon Master 2023, but, if Ash's last capture ends up being meowth, of all things, and latias is just a bait, I'll be damned!
Regarding your theory, I have no idea if they’d do that, but I was hoping they’d give Ash 3 more Pokémon to round things off at 60. Counting Latias. That’d be two.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

I think we can count that one Dreepy and Rookidee as well.

World Turtle

I’ll say it again going through over 1200 episodes to create a “master list” of Pokémon Ash has bonded/befriended with but did not catch, worked with but belonged to someone else, and tried to but failed to catch, is not going to be easy.

Guy100

Regarding your theory, I have no idea if they’d do that, but I was hoping they’d give Ash 3 more Pokémon to round things off at 60. Counting Latias. That’d be two.
A perfect way to round off the 60 or 3 more captures would be a Safari Zone episode and a evolution of his rotating pokemon. I'm also thinking Ash may even get a Tinkaton in addition to Latias, seeing how Japan most recently did a poll to gauge the fandoms most favorite Paldea Pokemon prior to this mini-series.

I'm thinking that poll would play some type of role in this final chapter of Ash and Pikachu, especially since he's not caught a Paldea Pokemon yet. I'm also still holding out on Hisiuan Zoarok, since it never debuted in the anime, and is the most popular hisuan pokemon based on Polls.

World Turtle

A perfect way to round off the 60 or 3 more captures would be a Safari Zone episode and a evolution of his rotating pokemon. I'm also thinking Ash may even get a Tinkaton in addition to Latias, seeing how Japan most recently did a poll to gauge the fandoms most favorite Paldea Pokemon prior to this mini-series.

I'm thinking that poll would play some type of role in this final chapter of Ash and Pikachu, especially since he's not caught a Paldea Pokemon yet. I'm also still holding out on Hisiuan Zoarok, since it never debuted in the anime, and is the most popular hisuan pokemon based on Polls.
I highly doubt they’ll do it, but a safari zone episode where Pokémon from multiple regions are all present is a very appealing opportunity to quickly check off all the regular or non-Legendary/Mythical/ UB’s/Hisui/Paradox Pokémon (if Paldea is included) they might have wanted Ash to have.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Well Larvitar, Solgaleo (Nebby) and Latias capture would around up to 60 nicely if the writers decided to officially address their status with Ash officially catch them and the Latias who followed him and if the rest of Ash reserve aren't evolving (Primeape including)
I highly doubt they’ll do it, but a safari zone episode where Pokémon from multiple regions are all present is a very appealing opportunity to quickly check off all the regular or non-Legendary/Mythical/ UB’s/Hisui/Paradox Pokémon (if Paldea is included) they might have wanted Ash to have.
Any preference to Ash might catch if there is a SZ episode (which i don't think will happen cause he still have to meet up with Primeape, Pidgeot, Greninja, Goodra and Nagadel within the remaining episode unless the writer decided all of them appearing in a montage of photos of Ash meeting them or them randomly appear in the final group photo)

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
any new additions will be done offscreen after MPM finishes anyways :d

Guy100

Well Larvitar, Solgaleo (Nebby) and Latias capture would around up to 60 nicely if the writers decided to officially address their status with Ash officially catch them and the Latias who followed him and if the rest of Ash reserve aren't evolving (Primeape including)

Any preference to Ash might catch if there is a SZ episode (which i don't think will happen cause he still have to meet up with Primeape, Pidgeot, Greninja, Goodra and Nagadel within the remaining episode unless the writer decided all of them appearing in a montage of photos of Ash meeting them or them randomly appear in the final group photo)
I'm thinking if a safari zone episode is a possibility, the writers could do a quick segment, maybe for 7 minutes, of Ash attempting to catch many pokemon while in the safari zone, then pan off to him completing the safari zone, as he contemplates on his new captures while interacting with his 4 rotation pokemon of the episode. Perfect episode to reminisct about his very first pokemon capture, while thinking of meeting new other pokemon species he's never seen, perhaps opening the possibility to travel to Paldea or other regions he's never been to.

AllOfAshmon

any new additions will be done offscreen after MPM finishes anyways :d
I can see Lavitar, Solgaleo and Latias as the only onscreen capture for Ash to officially becoming his Pokemon or Annihilape if Primeape do evolves
I'm thinking if a safari zone episode is a possibility, the writers could do a quick segment, maybe for 7 minutes, of Ash attempting to catch many pokemon while in the safari zone, then pan off to him completing the safari zone, as he contemplates on his new captures while interacting with his 4 rotation pokemon of the episode. Perfect episode to reminisct about his very first pokemon capture, while thinking of meeting new other pokemon species he's never seen, perhaps opening the possibility to travel to Paldea or other regions he's never been to.
What Pokémon do you think Ash might catch in the SZ if there is 1 episode about it

This is what i think he might catch if there is a Safari Zone episode in the remaining 4 episodes

- Rhyhorn and other Safari Zone Pokémon that Ash originally want to capture during his first visit is a possibility since Ash wanted to catch Rhyhorn and others before his Tauros ruined it for him

- Zoroak world be cool af since it scream Ash Pokemon

- Weaville that parallel to Gliscor in terms of method of evolution

- Salamence and or Metagross ( i know it aren't appearing inside Safari Zone but still anything can happen)

- Kangaskhan

World Turtle

Counting all of Ash's Pokemon including the honorary ones (Larvitar, Solgaleo) on the final poster...

Kanto: 15
Johto: 7
Hoenn: 5
Sinnoh: 8
Unova: 9
Kalos: 5
Alola: 6
Galar: 2
Total: 57

so still need three to round off at 60

AllOfAshmon

Counting all of Ash's Pokemon including the honorary ones (Larvitar, Solgaleo) on the final poster...

Kanto: 15
Johto: 7
Hoenn: 5
Sinnoh: 8
Unova: 9
Kalos: 5
Alola: 6
Galar: 2
Total: 57

so still need three to round off at 60
Latias (if it get capture), Annihilape (if Primeape evolves) and maybe what ever Pokemon Ash encounter for the remaining episode left of his journey

World Turtle

Latias (if it get capture), Annihilape (if Primeape evolves) and maybe what ever Pokemon Ash encounter for the remaining episode left of his journey

Why are you counting Primeape's evolution as a seperate being? They're still the same Pokemon. He's 1 of Ash's 15 Kanto Pokemon (I'm not counting Raticate, Beedrill, or Seaking since they weren't on the poster).

Phillip12lov

Why are you counting Primeape's evolution as a seperate being? They're still the same Pokemon. He's 1 of Ash's 15 Kanto Pokemon (I'm not counting Raticate, Beedrill, or Seaking since they weren't on the poster).

Sometimes I forget that Mr. mime is Ash's 11° kanto native obtained Pokémon species , then comes Lapras and Snorlax in Orange Island and Dragonite and Gengar back again in kanto.

It's interesting that after Mr. Mime Aipom was his 12° Pokémon species obtained/captured inside kanto region after Mr. Mime, but after 9 seasons (however he's not a Kanto native , so It doesn't count as his 15 Pokemon original from Kanto)

World Turtle

On that note I’m going to assume no matter how many more Pokémon they give Ash be they caught on-screen or caught off-screen that we will see during cameos in future series that he will always have more Kanto Pokémon than any other region. It’s the first generation and Ash’s home region. He will always have more from there than anywhere else.

Like at this point I’m expecting 5-6 at most for Paldea onwards.

Trainer Micah

On that note I’m going to assume no matter how many more Pokémon they give Ash be they caught on-screen or caught off-screen that we will see during cameos in future series that he will always have more Kanto Pokémon than any other region. It’s the first generation and Ash’s home region. He will always have more from there than anywhere else.

Like at this point I’m expecting 5-6 at most for Paldea onwards.

True to that is if he does go to Paldea if not well i am not going to say anything alright?
If Ash does i'll be happy for one more series but eh? possibly not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.