• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

World Turtle

True to that is if he does go to Paldea if not well i am not going to say anything alright?
If Ash does i'll be happy for one more series but eh? possibly not.
Oh I’m sure he’ll show up in Paldea to team up with the new kids to deal with whatever the mystery Legendary in the crater is. Unless he’s rotating (which is possible) It’ll be Pikachu plus five Paldea guys. Maybe while in the crater he’ll capture one of the Paradox Pokémon to make it six. (I just like every region having a full team to represent).

Frankly via Ash now being sent off to Off-Screen Land I could easily see his Kanto collection reach two dozen (not counting the rest of the bull herd here). The power of nostalgia is strong with Pokémon. Though factoring in cross-region evolutions they could double as members of other teams if they evolve. Plus regional variants like Hisui Arcanine or Alola Sandslash.

As for the other regions? barring legendary/mythical/UB’s/etc. I could see every region from Johto-Galar with 4 more captures at most.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Oh I’m sure he’ll show up in Paldea to team up with the new kids to deal with whatever the mystery Legendary in the crater is. Unless he’s rotating (which is possible) It’ll be Pikachu plus five Paldea guys. Maybe while in the crater he’ll capture one of the Paradox Pokémon to make it six. (I just like every region having a full team to represent).

Frankly via Ash now being sent off to Off-Screen Land I could easily see his Kanto collection reach two dozen (not counting the rest of the bull herd here). The power of nostalgia is strong with Pokémon. Though factoring in cross-region evolutions they could double as members of other teams if they evolve. Plus regional variants like Hisui Arcanine or Alola Sandslash.

As for the other regions? barring legendary/mythical/UB’s/etc. I could see every region from Johto-Galar with 4 more captures at most.
That assumes that this saga is even canon to the past sagas.

Phillip12lov

On that note I’m going to assume no matter how many more Pokémon they give Ash be they caught on-screen or caught off-screen that we will see during cameos in future series that he will always have more Kanto Pokémon than any other region. It’s the first generation and Ash’s home region. He will always have more from there than anywhere else.

Like at this point I’m expecting 5-6 at most for Paldea onwards.
Wouldn't be such a great surprise If Ash got Killowatrel and Pawmot, finally he would have another electrick type.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
True to that is if he does go to Paldea if not well i am not going to say anything alright?
If Ash does i'll be happy for one more series but eh? possibly not.
I'm ok if he get the YouTube series treatment where his journey continue something like Twilight Wing or Pokémon Evolution with him travelling to Paldea and having the Alain treatment where Ash appear in the new series just like what that did with Alain

World Turtle

Pok%C3%A9mon_Aim_to_Be_a_Pok%C3%A9mon_Master_poster.png

place your bets: do you think Meowth will join Ash’s team? It’s interesting to see him up front with Ash and Pikachu instead of back with Jessie and James.

MegaSalamence05

place your bets: do you think Meowth will join Ash’s team? It’s interesting to see him up front with Ash and Pikachu instead of back with Jessie and James.
This is something that I've wondered how Team Rocket ends its arc. Without Giovanni being involved and keep his ending open ended. Honestly think about it, Meowth's ambition was to be Giovanni's lap cat usurping Persian. It had a replacement Alolan Meowth usurp that role. I wonder about resentment. Individually how many of Ash's Pokemon has Meowth individually bonded with. Pikachu, Incineroar, Butterfree, Infernape, possibly more. Regardless of the antagonistic role he plays. I think Team Rocket may see it as an opportunity for providing Meowth a better life and providing Pikachu it's rival, in house.

Veedramon

I think Meowth's too attached to those 2 to permanently seperate from them. They're like his de facto trainers.

Having said that, I think it'd be pretty cool if it did happen. Maybe Meowth could have a Tom and Jerry-like relationship with Pikachu, with them always quarreling

nickdt

So... does that mean Leavanny (Already debunked)... Krookodile, Pignite and Boldore will join Team Rocket then???

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Unfortunately since the leaks thread has been locked due to some of you idiot fkers refusing to stfu, can't really post this anywhere else:

MPM06 spoiler (From the obvious):
No reserves again.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I agree that at this point if Latias isn't caught, all this following she's doing is gonna come off as pointless, but let's also not start jumping the gun like this is a confirmed capture. Because if doesn't happen no one wants to scroll through pages of meltdowns because headcanon's didn't happen.

Very reminiscent of Yamato not joining the crew.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I agree that at this point if Latias isn't caught, all this following she's doing is gonna off as pointless, but let's also not start jumping the gun like this is a confirmed capture. Because if doesn't happen no one wants to scroll through pages of meltdowns because headcanon's didn't happen.

And there is a history with fans being excited that a certain Pokemon is gonna be caught only to be let down when it wasn't.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
For those that missed it:
FoCUBbTXwAMUWKY

Here's Latias as usual. Will likely have the usual cameo at the near end of the ep. Unknown if it'll lead to a capture but I'll bet on yes.

I agree that at this point if Latias isn't caught, all this following she's doing is gonna off as pointless, but let's also not start jumping the gun like this is a confirmed capture. Because if doesn't happen no one wants to scroll through pages of meltdowns because headcanon's didn't happen.

^ Although I do like to think it'll be caught, going by the naive thinking of how nearly every long recurring mon noticeably ended up getting caught. (Keyword: Nearly)
Also,
I like how everyone forgot Yamato existed as soon we got into the spicy sh1t in Egghead lmao.

AJ97

I really hope that this prediction is wrong because if he doesn’t then all this following that it is doing is just going to feel as pointless as some of these episodes have been. I am really glad that Incineroar actually showed off it’s moves today. It was probably the only highlight of today’s episode.
From the looks of it, the series isn't meant to have a "Point". It's just an epilogue.
Ash's primary journey ended the second he defeated Leon and became the new Pokemon World Champion. This is just him living his life post-Championship.

For all you know, Latias could literally just come back to save Ash/Pikachu from Team Rocket or a wild Pokemon as a thank-you and leave.

I don't think we're going to get the series end we probably want with Ash potentially ending up as a Legendary top tier trainer or there being any kind of time skip or something noteworthy with a concrete conclusion to PWC Champion Ash. The series is likely going to end suggesting Ash's Journey is far from over and he's probably going to go on many more adventures.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.