• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
They haven't used any let's go gimmick other than Lana's Eevee right?

Okay, people need to learn what a gimmick is.

Pikachu and Eevee are the mascots of the Let's Go games. Yes, they gave Lana an Eevee with a haircut as a marketing tool for Let's Go but it's not a gimmick. It's like saying everyone that got a game's starter Pokémon in the past got a gimmick.

I would say that the gimmick related to Pikachu and Eevee were the unique moves they were able to learn in those games for special coverage. However, Sandy never ended up getting one as bizarre as that is considering Bouncy Bubble was perfect for him.

The concept of mass catching without battling that originated from the Go games was incorporated in the appropriately named Goh.

Master Pikachu 11

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I want to thank Rica and all the other Voice Actors that have brought many of these characters and pokemon to life as well as Sarah/Veronica when it comes to the Dub. Many of the animators that put together many awesome battles throughout the years. These past few series from the beginning to now have had ups and downs but had some really great moments that I will cherish. It’s sad to see Ash leave and I wished that he would have gotten one last capture, but it’s for the best.

Based on episode 10, I guess Ash's feeling of rejection from Latios seems to have confirmed what being a Pokemon Master means to Ash. Of all the episodes introduced so far within this mini-series, almost every Pokemon Ash has helped has in return accepted him as their friend in which they trust. However, Episode 10 seems to have broken this mold, with Latios rejecting Ash towards the end, even after Ash helped to save it.

Perhaps, the aftermath of the Latios Rescue Story Plot and Ash's resolve after Latios rejected his friendship, gives a subtle message to the true meaning of what a Pokemon Master is to Ash, and that is "A Pokemon Trainer which is accepted by all Pokemon" (The Ultimate Bond Connection), which explains why Ash's goal of wanting to be trainer from the beginning was to build a friendship with all Pokemon, which I guess is absolutely impossible since there are endless amounts of Pokemon around the world, which makes the goal never-ending.

My only conflict with this is that it only supports, the "Gotta Catch'em All" slogan, which is a goal close to Goh's. Despite this, this possible revelation only supports what I speculated before of Ho-oh, figuratively being the symbol of what a Pokemon Master is, since the legendary is essentially depicted in the anime as a creature which all Pokemon accepts as their sacred deity or loyal companion. Its arguably a Pokemon that is accepted by All, which is what Ash essentially wants to have; All Pokemon to accept him as their friend.

If this is correct, then I guess the director of the Pokemon anime was correct in stating in an interview about Ash's goal of becoming a Pokemon Master is truly a silly and childish dream, which I agree.

However, I like the idea of Ho-OH simply meeting with Ash and confirming Ash's resolve of being a Pokemon Master with its acceptance and approval, based on acknowledging the qualities of Ash's character in which he developed throughout his journey by becoming a great trainer factored based on the great connection he has with his Pokemon, which is a trait worthy of being a Pokemon Master, especially since Ash's connection with his Pokemon surpasses most Pokemon trainers which I guess is proven with Ash's victory of being a world champion. The only catch, is that Ash must continue his journey to build that same type of connection with other pokemon, just like how the rainbow bird continues to travel the world in search of good trainers.
Pokemon Master has always struck me as someone who has some sort of connection to all Pokemon. Something similar to Iris, a dragon master, but not on physical level, more like an (empathic)understanding. I think during PM(2019) Ash said that battling brings him closer to Pokemon or something like that, can't be sure as I haven't watched that episode in a while but it was something similar to the that.

In the last few episodes Ash helped many Pokemon, like he has over the years. Maybe it is supposed to work this way. If he has a connection with Pokemon, they will easily open up to him and he can help them out if they need it.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
It's a good day.
"For most people, Friday’s just the day before the weekend. But after this Friday, the neighborhood’ll never be the same." - Ice Cube

Guy100

Well, seeing how the "aim to be a master special is reaching its climax", guess it time to go head a make some predictions;

How will the series end (4 possible scenarios I can think of so far):

1) We get no resolution to Ash achieving his goal, no new capture, and his adventure concludes opened-ended.

2) Ash becomes a pokemon master, gains a new temporary or lifelong pokemon as an addition to his team, and continuous his endless journey to meet other pokemon and face other challenges.

3) Ash becomes a pokemon master, gets no new pokemon at the end of his mini-arc, and simply continuous his adventure.

4) We were duped to expect something special would resonate from this mini-arc and we're given some on- a- whim, possibly ambiguous, answer from Ash's perspective of what a pokemon master means to him, and his adventure ends on an inexplicable note.

My I hope is that prediction # 2 happens. I'm glad Ash is both a regional and world champion, but as a long time fan thats ready to move on from watching his adventures, I'd like to see a satisfied resolution to Ash achieving his goal since being a master was the very reason he became a trainer, and gaining something special, a new pokemon, at the end.

Dont care to see Ash catch a Latias, but I'll accept Ho-oh or Lugia as a final companion, even if its temporary.

I will say in the end, like I've stated before, regardless of what's to come or the inevitable outcome of the Ash and Pikachu mini-finale adventure, the Pokemon anime staff team certainly did accomplished its goal of hyping up its target audiences (10 year olds) anticipation to watch the new 2023 series, even if it meant using the Ash and Pikachu mundane final chapter story arc as a catalyst to effectively derail the interest of the younger audience wanting to see them again...which wont happen for a while.

Unfortunate that my least favorite prediction (#4) was the aftermath.

So Ash’s final capture (recapture) was Pigeot. Not something significant, but at least Ash did gain something from this journey, and that was an old friend. However, I will say that the reunion and the recapture of Pigeot was less impactful, after knowing that Ash never went looking for it, and Pigeot instead found Ash instead of vice-versa, with Ash simply taking Pigeot back as an afterthought after it recused Pikachu.

It never crossed his (Ash) mind to go revisit his friend (Pigeot), which makes the reunion exposition less heartwarming in my opinion.

With that being said, I'm glad this trainwreck is over and I can move on from one of my childhood favorite series. Just a shame, that the generation that had the longest connection of watching Ash's adventure never got the closure of seeing him become a Pokemon Master, which was the main objective to the entire plot of the story, which was never fulfilled.

26 years of anticipation.

Last edited:

Guy100

Based on episode 10, I guess Ash's feeling of rejection from Latios seems to have confirmed what being a Pokemon Master means to Ash. Of all the episodes introduced so far within this mini-series, almost every Pokemon Ash has helped has in return accepted him as their friend in which they trust. However, Episode 10 seems to have broken this mold, with Latios rejecting Ash towards the end, even after Ash helped to save it.

Perhaps, the aftermath of the Latios Rescue Story Plot and Ash's resolve after Latios rejected his friendship, gives a subtle message to the true meaning of what a Pokemon Master is to Ash, and that is "A Pokemon Trainer which is accepted by all Pokemon" (The Ultimate Bond Connection), which explains why Ash's goal of wanting to be trainer from the beginning was to build a friendship with all Pokemon, which I guess is absolutely impossible since there are endless amounts of Pokemon around the world, which makes the goal never-ending.

My only conflict with this is that it only supports, the "Gotta Catch'em All" slogan, which is a goal close to Goh's. Despite this, this possible revelation only supports what I speculated before of Ho-oh, figuratively being the symbol of what a Pokemon Master is, since the legendary is essentially depicted in the anime as a creature which all Pokemon accepts as their sacred deity or loyal companion. Its arguably a Pokemon that is accepted by All, which is what Ash essentially wants to have; All Pokemon to accept him as their friend.

If this is correct, then I guess the director of the Pokemon anime was correct in stating in an interview about Ash's goal of becoming a Pokemon Master is truly a silly and childish dream, which I agree.

However, I like the idea of Ho-OH simply meeting with Ash and confirming Ash's resolve of being a Pokemon Master with its acceptance and approval, based on acknowledging the qualities of Ash's character in which he developed throughout his journey by becoming a great trainer factored based on the great connection he has with his Pokemon, which is a trait worthy of being a Pokemon Master, especially since Ash's connection with his Pokemon surpasses most Pokemon trainers which I guess is proven with Ash's victory of being a world champion. The only catch, is that Ash must continue his journey to build that same type of connection with other pokemon, just like how the rainbow bird continues to travel the world in search of good trainers.

Really wish we got an ending with Ho-oh. Good luck to everyone with the new 2023 series. Peace.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Amusing that they still had Ash mention Latias and Latios and wanting to meet them again. Should give us a future special in which the duo and Ash reunite :>

TomRC121991

So Ash resume the journey to become a Pokémon Master is to catch some Pokémon that he didn't catch them for a long time such as Abra, Aron, Bagon, Trapinch, Skourpi, Dunsparce, Teddiursa, Eevee and others, and battle some trainers in special anime episode in offscreen

Guy100

Seems like the boy (Roy) is looking for clout to be considered a great trainer. Not many Pokemon trainers we've seen in the pokemon anime universe own legendaries, and for those that do have them, they are recognized as strong trainers for their feat of either defeating, befriending or catching them. Legendary pokemon are about as revered as champion pokemon trainers based on the level of strength, if not stronger. Plus their rare and few in numbers.

Plus, I speculate Roy's goal of seemingly wanting to be a great tamer of legendary pokemon was decided by the anime staff in order to differentiate him more from Ash, who simply went on gym and league tournament challenges, which got too redundant over the years.

However, Liko in contrast to Roy, seems to be on a quest of discovery, similar to what Chole did on her journey with Eeeve, which may or may not pan well in the new series depending on how they portray her story.

So, obviously, its now confirmed through the 2023 trailer, that Liko is on a quest of discovery.

And going off the new 2023 anime trailer, it seems as if Roy will in fact be the breakout character of this series, seeing how the writers are somewhat overly confident he'll be well received by the target audience compared to his co-star (Liko) who is getting alot of heavy promotion even though she may inevitably end up as an underwhelming character.

For those who will be tuning into the 2023 anime series, I hope this goes well for you.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Amusing that they still had Ash mention Latias and Latios and wanting to meet them again. Should give us a future special in which the duo and Ash reunite :>
It's probably how they were portrayed in MPM, but, I don't want to see the eon siblings so soon or late.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's probably how they were portrayed in MPM, but, I don't want to see the eon siblings so soon or late.
ye certainly. Still amusing they had him mention the duo even now, even states he wants to meet them again at some point :>

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Really wish we got an ending with Ho-oh. Good luck to everyone with the new 2023 series. Peace.
Ho-oh never got a proper episode/canon role :/

Best we got was an AU movie and it wasn't even good, Cross was the only good thing in it

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Shouldn’t we be getting a review thread and see this thread get locked pretty soon?

MegaSalamence05

Ho-oh never got a proper episode/canon role :/

Best we got was an AU movie and it wasn't even good, Cross was the only good thing in it
Ho-oh has a role. Despite it not appearing in the episodes. It's the personification of an endless journey which at the end of the day it's the endless pursuit of happiness in his respect (It should've had more of a presence and I agree completely in that respect). I still say Ash should've gotten the Rainbow Wing in JN136. While Goh got the Silver Wing in that same episode. That's just how I view Ho-oh at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.