• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Sword/Shield Chapter

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Since Team Rocket don't show up in the first episode of this chapter, do we even have an indication that they will? I know we saw Gigantamax Meowth, but is that definitely TR's Meowth or could it be from a later episode?
It's definitely from this Arc. Dynamaxing only happens in Galar and tbh I don't think we'll be seeing the Galar Region again anytime soon after this Arc is finished. TR probably shows up in the second or 3rd Episode of the chapter.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So, the Marshtomp was just filler :s
I guess it only is in the poster and opening because it was gonna happen soon.
I think they will change the opening after the DD arc ends.
OP will likely change when the DD arc gets wrapped up. Everything in the current OP is accounted for except for the DD arc.

Master Pikachu 11

Since Team Rocket don't show up in the first episode of this chapter, do we even have an indication that they will? I know we saw Gigantamax Meowth, but is that definitely TR's Meowth or could it be from a later episode?
They can show up in part 2 of the Arc since that is when all the Pokémon are going to Dynamax so the Slumbering Weald only deals with one Pokémon that is Gigantamax while part 2 will deal with multiple Dynamax Pokémon.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Thanks for the replies! I forgot that Galar probably won't be featured again so soon after this arc. I just hope Team Rocket plays some role like they did in the Team Flare one. Present, useful, but also not disruptive or taking the center stage.

I'm really excited for this arc, I generally really like Yonemura's episodes, so I'm curious to see an arc mostly written by him (depending on who wrote the 4th one).

PsychoLogical

Thanks for the replies! I forgot that Galar probably won't be featured again so soon after this arc. I just hope Team Rocket plays some role like they did in the Team Flare one. Present, useful, but also not disruptive or taking the center stage.

I'm really excited for this arc, I generally really like Yonemura's episodes, so I'm curious to see an arc mostly written by him (depending on who wrote the 4th one).
Eh it'll likely won't take long before we return to Galar for... something. Prob within 10 eps which isn't that bad.

PsychoLogical

It is kinda sad that the only built up we got was JN27.
Tbf the games didn't do any better. Seems worse in the games if you ask me. How tf are you supposed to buildup on something when the original source had just about no buildup either until the VERY end of the game's plot. It's literally just you doing the gym challenge with no true obstacles or hints of the DD day until you nearly beat the entire game.

Icy-Snowflake

It is kinda sad that the only built up we got was JN27.
No, they subtly built the plot from the first Galar episode. Eternatus freely roaming around, Pokemon suddenly Gigantamaxing, Sonia introducing the characters and audience to Darkest Day, Rose congratulating Leon hinting about their acquaintance, all these tiny elements add up to the final plot. Though I agree that they should've introduced each character properly by now.