• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Sword/Shield Chapter

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I hope Riolu and Raboot evolves soon, so they can focus on something else!
I'm tired of seeing Lucario and Cinderace everywhere.

Unless Ash starts bringing his old Pokemon back, some of them to evolve like Gible, I believe Lucario and Cinderace are going to be the fighting starts of Ash and Goh for the time being. You know, like in previous Generations Ash had Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Infernape and Krookodile.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Unless Ash starts bringing his old Pokemon back, some of them to evolve like Gible, I believe Lucario and Cinderace are going to be the fighting starts of Ash and Goh for the time being. You know, like in previous Generations Ash had Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Infernape and Krookodile.
I know they will still show up a lot and stuff, but they are promoting them a lot now, I understand the hype tho.
I just want they to be over with it, so they start hyping something else (I just hope it's not Mewtwo XD)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I hope Riolu and Raboot evolves soon, so they can focus on something else!
I'm tired of seeing Lucario and Cinderace everywhere.

Don't really mind Cinderace getting focus since it's a new Pokemon but this is why I'm hoping Ash gets a new capture really soon. Lucario has been around for 4 Generations, and I'm kinda bored of the species in general unless they do something new with it

I'd ask if they could give G. Farfetch'd more attention. But that might be too much to ask am I right? :rolleyes:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I'd ask if they could give G. Farfetch'd more attention. But that might be too much to ask am I right? :rolleyes:
If they decide to evolve it during the DD arc then it’s automatic redemption, even if it hasn’t done much onscreen. Tho thats cause I just want my smug duck :>

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I know they will still show up a lot and stuff, but they are promoting them a lot now, I understand the hype tho.
I just want they to be over with it, so they start hyping something else (I just hope it's not Mewtwo XD)

Well, I personally HOPE it will be Mewtwo. I know it might sound too exaggerated to give such a powerful Pokemon to Ash, but it MIGHT have sense after all. I mean, think about it:

+ Pokemon's anime has been on air for more than 2 decades already, and beyond cameos in openings, Mewtwo has never appeared once. Well, not technically, because he actually appeared in Season 2, when Gary challenged Veridian Gym's leader (Giovanni) with his Arcanine and his Nidoking. (We saw this same battle in the first movie). By then, he was wearing his battle armor and Gary's Pokedex was unable to identify him. In posterior episodes, we saw the scene where Mewtwo escaped from Giovanni and blew up his headquarters. After all these years, why would they bring Mewtwo to the anime now, if there's not going to be a big plan for him?

+ Against everything we can guess, this Mewtwo MUST be the same one from the first movie, the one that Ash knew in the first movie. It doesn't have any sense to be "another" Mewtwo, not even the one from the Genesect's movie. I mean, you can't create a Pokemon as powerful as this one and no one know about his existence (unless he erase your memory). Therefore, if it's the same Mewtwo, it's obvious he must remember his previous enconters with Ash, and the bonding they had, especially after Ash saved his life with the healing waters. Even if Ash is not actually able to defeat and capture Mewtwo, Mewtwo could freely decide to go with Ash.

+ Mewtwo is one of the few Pokemon that, just like Lucario, can use the move Aura Sphere. That means, just like Lucario, Mewtwo can use the Aura's Power, something that Ash can use too. Ash and Mewtwo's bond could get stronger if they share the Power of the Aura. Even more if considering that this Mewtwo could Megaevolve into his Megaform X, which is partly Fighting Type. Being part Fighting type match with Ash's personality about being excited with Pokemon Battles.

+ From the beginning, Goh's goal was to find and capture Mew, the most elusive Pokemon in existence. By the computer he has at home, it's obvious he has been studying sightings of Mew for a long time. Therefore, I was convinced that his investigations would eventually lead him (and Ash) to find Mewtwo.

+ Mewtwo was once the strongest Pokemon there is, but that's not the case anymore. Mewtwo doesn't have the ability to use ANY SINGLE MOVE just like Mew. Also, there are Pokemon which power's sources are beyond Mewtwo's abilities; like Time and Space (Dialga and Palkia), Yin and Yang (Reshiram and Zekrom), the Ultra Beasts... etc. Not to mention that against Psychic types like Mewtwo, Dark and Ghost types are now way more powerful against them.

+ Mewtwo is definitely one of the strongest Pokemon ever, but that doesn't mean Ash will use him for EVERY combat after all. I mean, Ash knows his Pokemon well, to know most of them would only want to battle worthy opponents that force them to get serious. Therefore, in the potential event of Ash using Mewtwo for the World Championship, he would probably won't use him until reaching the Hyper and Master classes. Because at that level, he will have to face Pokemon Trainers of the same level of Elite Four and Champions. Naturally, Ash won't use only Mewtwo, but he will definitely will have a wildcard to win as a last resort. (Similar to Drake using his Dragonite back in the Orange Islands).

+ Ash capturing Mewtwo would be like a do-over about Ash getting Melmetal. I mean, capturing Mewtwo, Ash would finally have a Psychic Type on his team; just like Melmetal became Ash's first Steel Type. Yes, I know the ones who keep counting Mr Mime, but there's so much polemic about him, that I'm not so sure. Besides, more than Psychic type, he's now more a Fairy Type.

+ It appears that, after the Darkest Day arc, Ash and Goh will have another adventure where they will encounter a lot of Legendary Pokemon (like the Legendary Birds, Lugia and Ho-Oh, the Hoenn Trio of Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza... etc). In that case, if Ash and Goh would have to face these Legendary Pokemon (althouh not capturing them), having Mewtwo on his team would definitely be useful for Ash.

+ Finally, I'm convinced that in this unpredictable series, Ash will have his rematch against Giovanni, leader of Team Rocket. So, it is quite appropiated that Ash and Mewtwo (the Pokemon that Giovanni created to serve him) will join forces to finish Giovanni and Team Rocket, once and for all.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ash's aura abilities stopped existing after the Lucario movie. The kid doesn't even use them himself. Otherwise, he could have already gotten a Lucario since Sinnoh.
I guarantee you that Lucario very likely would’ve been planned for his Sinnoh roster if Infernape and the Blaze arc didn’t exist :>

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Ash's aura abilities stopped existing after the Lucario movie. The kid doesn't even use them himself. Otherwise, he could have already gotten a Lucario since Sinnoh.
Ash has aura abilities, but he cannot use them. In Lucario movie, Ash needed the gloves to use aura power.
In DP Riolu mini-arc, Ash was able to sense Riolu's aura and see its memory while his friends were not.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash has aura abilities, but he cannot use them. In Lucario movie, Ash needed the gloves to use aura power.
In DP Riolu mini-arc, Ash was able to sense Riolu's aura and see its memory while his friends were not.
Because the Riolu was using its power to get to Ash. It's in a Riolu's nature to zero-ing their senses onto people when the Riolu feels sad.

Just as how Ash's Riolu got to him...but only because apparently there is such a thing as a "battle aura."

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I agree with some things but I disagree with Mewtwo from first movie being weaker than Zekrom, Reshiram, UBs etc since Mewtwo from first movie is super OP he created weather change between islands with his finger IIRC, Zekrom, Reshiram IIRC didn't do anything remotely that strong and neither did UBs. I agree that Mewtwo would be good against E4 and Champions(and that makes more sense to use him then his current Pokemon except Pikachu) but not Mewtwo from first movie since that Mewtwo could easily beat them, so I would like to be some weaker Mewtwo( like from Genesect movie) rather than from first movie. I also disagree that TR would be finished for good especially since this is not last season of Pokemon anime and TRio are iconic, so as long as TRio exist, TR will exist. And Trio exist because of Ash and Pikachu.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder how it will be if Satoshi uses both Lucario's aura and Greninja's bond.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I guarantee you that Lucario very likely would’ve been planned for his Sinnoh roster if Infernape and the Blaze arc didn’t exist :>
I still don’t accept that infernape was a valid excuse if the problem was have two screenhogs in the same team. Ash used seven pokemon in Sinnoh if you count aipom, and with how much time DP had as a show, an eighth shouldn’t be as much problem. With how much they ignored aura by the time, riolu wouldn’t be different of gible in screentime.

Of course, it would make more sense if Ash had riolu in beginning of DP or even in the tail end of AG instead aipom (and I liked aipom before Dawn ruins it), but I sincerely think they could give him a riolu/lucario anytime after the 8th movie in any saga and wouldn’t be different of now.

Ultra Beast Lover

Eh, I don't expect too much. This is literally just the, "Man tries to control what they don't understand." Story that Pokemon does every generation, only with just a little buildup over the course of seven episodes as opposed to, at minimum, an entire season (or however long the Plasma arc took)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The game literally telling you to ignore the story and focus on the generation gimmick was such a slap in the face
On the bright side, I guess at least it meant the adults were actually responsible