• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Sword/Shield Chapter

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
It irks me that both SM's and SWSH legendary pokemon are used so early in their series. And SM's plot wasnt exactly as exciting as in the games in my opinion. And SM's had some buid-up, what cant be said about the SWSH arc.

I don't necessarily mind in this case, mostly because I was never a fan of Zacian, Zamazenta, or Mugendina. So them appearing now is better from my viewpoint since it gets them out of the way sooner.

Red and Blue

It irks me that both SM's and SWSH legendary pokemon are used so early in their series. And SM's plot wasnt exactly as exciting as in the games in my opinion. And SM's had some buid-up, what cant be said about the SWSH arc.
Well at least there is still Urshifu and Calyrex. And the Galarian Legendary birds plus two new Golems to cover

desdar300

I understand the criticism but I’d rather the adults don’t do anything so we can experience more. I’m not looking for realism in a series about rats who can control electricity at will while also growing to the size of a building.
I don't really see what the issue with Leon doing most of the heavy lifting especially since the player does exactly what he did during the post game with the Two Princes.
If it was like back in the day the same people would be complaining about Leon being virtually as useless as Diantha despite his fanfare.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don't really see what the issue with Leon doing most of the heavy lifting especially since the player does exactly what he did during the post game with the Two Princes.
If it was like back in the day the same people would be complaining about Leon being virtually as useless as Diantha despite his fanfare.
It's not really an issue but moreso a preference (for me at least). I don't mind Leon helping as he's the Champion though I can understand why someone would want to see what's going on instead of just hearing about it after it happened (i.e show not tell). As for Diantha, she's just another extreme. The ideal situation is a middle ground like what Lance/Steven/Cynthia/Alder do in their respective games: they help the player take down instead of sitting on the side or doing it all on their own.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I dunno, Pokemon has had a really weird relation to reality in general, and their flipfloppiness and canon examples (war! genocide! dead-end retail jobs!) don't help on that end. The rotating cast of writers doesn't help any, either, especially when they were initially going for 'real world, but with Pokemon'.

Also, does anyone find it weird the subs for Sonia make her sound like an air-headed Valley Girl?

It's still mostly the same writers from the first series. The 2019 definitely has some new faces but the major episodes are all still being written by people who work on the first two or three series.

Leonhart

Imagineer
desdar300 said:

I think there should be some balance, but generally speaking I don't mind Dande's role in this series so far. He hasn't gotten to the point where he's overexposed the way that Alan was in XY&Z for instance. I know that he wasn't a Champion for most of his time in the series, but I think he has more in common with Dande than Carnet does.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's still mostly the same writers from the first series. The 2019 definitely has some new faces but the major episodes are all still being written by people who work on the first two or three series.
Now that I think of it, are Tomioka and Yonemura the only OS writers left?

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I think they are? Matsui joined in AG but I'm not home to check who else worked on Pokemon back then at this moment.

Yeah, and I'm glad they stayed on. Tomioka has always been excellent and Yonemura is rarely bad (though I'm not a fan of his fillers). Matsui is my absolute favourite, too.

Of the new ones, Deko Akao shows a lot of promise, I think. And Fujisaku (who joined in SM?) writes excellent, bonkers fillers.

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!

Oh, that's fair. I wonder if I'm overstating the influence Takeshi Shudo had on it, especially considering he was apparently vetoed a LOT in the writer's room.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I echo being happy they’re getting the SWSH story out of the way early and it being a good thing. It really wasn’t good and felt like a rehashed water down version of the Alola story (leader of a company that’s suppose to be “good” having sinister intentions while the official “bad team” was just a red herring and the assistant tries to stop you before you foil their plans). Except it wasn’t as plot heavy and you pretty much go through Bea/Allister, Opal and Gordie/Melony without the games paying much attention to the plot. Most of the story was the gym quest with a few moments on Sonia explaining what’s to come but in small portions.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Leon excitedly saying he'll take care of stuff didn't really mean the player was ignoring it.

For the last time, "ignoring" means someone knows about something but chooses not to do anything about it.

Or are you saying every time a person in real life trying to learn about an incident but is told by police officers to go the other way is trying to ignore the situation?

People aren't forced to ignore in such situations. They're told to buzz off (in a kind way), but the event will still be in their heads.

(And on Leon doing the dirty work, it's actually a well done thing, because he's meant to represent the 10-year old kid who won it big and still has that reckless heart to save the region from threats...on the side.)

Replace "chooses" with 'forced' and that's exactly what happens in this game.

Being told to "buzz off" is exactly what being forced to ignore entails.

Leon doing the 'dirty work' is the game not allowing you to have gameplay moments where in previous games, you did. From a gameplay perspective it makes the game hollow, since obviously there was more to do - but you're not allowed to engage with the situation.

You are looking at this from a narrative point of view, while PsychoLogical are talking about gameplay.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Replace "chooses" with 'forced' and that's exactly what happens in this game.

Being told to "buzz off" is exactly what being forced to ignore entails.

Leon doing the 'dirty work' is the game not allowing you to have gameplay moments where in previous games, you did. From a gameplay perspective it makes the game hollow, since obviously there was more to do - but you're not allowed to engage with the situation.

You are looking at this from a narrative point of view, while PsychoLogical are talking about gameplay.
Problem is all Leon did was fight random G-Max Pokemon, so fighting them yourself wouldn't be much.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Problem is all Leon did was fight random G-Max Pokemon, so fighting them yourself wouldn't be much.

You're still making excuses. Point is that when story related things happened, the game actively sidetracks you to the gym challenge instead of involving you.

Honestly - I just made it to Wyndon. I honestly have never felt as if I was part of this games story at all.

Again, you want to be Aragorn - but this game forces you to be Merry, until the end where you're suddenly the hero that saves the day. It's utter bs.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You're still making excuses. Point is that when story related things happened, the game actively sidetracks you to the gym challenge instead of involving you.

Honestly - I just made it to Wyndon. I honestly have never felt as if I was part of this games story at all.

Again, you want to be Aragorn - but this game forces you to be Merry, until the end where you're suddenly the hero that saves the day. It's utter bs.
Hey, I like Merry.

D

Deleted member 384931

I feel like Lucario and Cinderace are going to happen because of Zacian /Zamazenta.

Zacian and Zamazenta attack Ash and Go respectively and during that battle Riolu and Raboot will evolve.
Yeah I guess that is a good way