• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Sword/Shield Chapter

Arlon Akai

I feel like Lucario and Cinderace are going to happen because of Zacian /Zamazenta.

Zacian and Zamazenta attack Ash and Go respectively and during that battle Riolu and Raboot will evolve.
For Raboot maybe since Raboot no longer seems to be at Goh's side in the trailer after the scene in the Slumbering Weald

Last edited:

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's still mostly the same writers from the first series. The 2019 definitely has some new faces but the major episodes are all still being written by people who work on the first two or three series.

The original writers were Shudo, Tomioka, Sonoda, Takegami, Ohashi, Fujita and Yonemura. Tomioka and Yonemura are the only ones left, Shudo left after OS and the other four left after XY.
Of the other current writers, Matsui started in AG (but was absent for BW and most of XY), Omode started in BW, and Fujisaku and Miyate both started in SM. The other 4 writers (Yoshida, Akao, Tsuchiya and Machida) are all new to the 2019 series.

More than half the current writers have never worked on anything pre-SM.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

It would be cool if Ash used his entire team through the arc.

Dragonite, Riolu first episode
Gengar, Farfetch'd 2nd episode
Dragonite, Pikachu 3rd episode
Lucario, Pikachu 4th episode

Just for example.

Probably won't happen, I only expect, Pikachu, Dragonite, Riolu/Lucario.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hey, I like Merry.

There's nothing wrong with liking Merry.

The only problem is that if you play the LotR as a game, then Merry's only real major achievement is getting Treebeard to go to the Entmoot - which eventually leads to the fall of Isengard. But it's all by talking, while you know there are large battles like the fields of Rohan, Helm's Deep, Osgiliath and Minas Tirith where you're mostly kept out of.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I agree with some things but I disagree with Mewtwo from first movie being weaker than Zekrom, Reshiram, UBs etc since Mewtwo from first movie is super OP he created weather change between islands with his finger IIRC, Zekrom, Reshiram IIRC didn't do anything remotely that strong and neither did UBs. I agree that Mewtwo would be good against E4 and Champions(and that makes more sense to use him then his current Pokemon except Pikachu) but not Mewtwo from first movie since that Mewtwo could easily beat them, so I would like to be some weaker Mewtwo( like from Genesect movie) rather than from first movie. I also disagree that TR would be finished for good especially since this is not last season of Pokemon anime and TRio are iconic, so as long as TRio exist, TR will exist. And Trio exist because of Ash and Pikachu.

1º) Pal, Mewtwo creating that storm was merely a potent version of him using the move "Rain Dance". He was using that move, even before it was revealed in Johto, just like he later used the move "Shadow Ball" against Mew. Zekrom did something similar when he appeared in front of Ash in the first episode of XY, as he created an electrical storm. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus can do much more than controlling the weather, the can warp reality through Time and Space. Therefore, their power surpass Mewtwo's with an ENORMOUS difference.

2º) Pal, seriously, think about it! During his time fighting for Giovanni, he was fighting Pokemon from regular Pokemon trainers looking for a Gym's badge, and the trainers that arrived to his island were around that same level. Against Pokemon of such trainer's level, they are no match for Mewtwo, clearly. But we are talking about Pokemon trained by members of the Elite 4 and Champions. That's a completely different level! Back in Hoenn, Lance's Red Gyarados was able to match his Hyper Beam with Kyogre's Hyper Beam. Lance's Gyarados is clearly stronger than the Gyarados trained by the guy who reached Mewtwo's island, so Mewtwo wouldn't have it so easy to defeat a Gyarados of such level.

3º) TRio is completely different from the Main Team Rocket. Even if the criminal organization was defeated, they will keep operating as the "Team Rocket" because they don't know to do anything else. It's just like some old member from Teams Magma, Aqua and Galaxy that appeared in the anime. After their organizations were dissolved, they kept being criminals, just like the disguise guy from Team Magma who used a Ditto. Besides, even if Team Rocket was defeated this Generation, they could return in the next one somehow, using the plot from the games of Gen I and II. In Gen I, Team Rocket was defeated and disbanded, while in Gen II, they tried to reband it. So, Team Rocket would be taken DOWN not OUT

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
1º) Pal, Mewtwo creating that storm was merely a potent version of him using the move "Rain Dance". He was using that move, even before it was revealed in Johto, just like he later used the move "Shadow Ball" against Mew. Zekrom did something similar when he appeared in front of Ash in the first episode of XY, as he created an electrical storm. Dialga, Palkia, Giratina and Arceus can do much more than controlling the weather, the can warp reality through Time and Space. Therefore, their power surpass Mewtwo's with an ENORMOUS difference.

2º) Pal, seriously, think about it! During his time fighting for Giovanni, he was fighting Pokemon from regular Pokemon trainers looking for a Gym's badge, and the trainers that arrived to his island were around that same level. Against Pokemon of such trainer's level, they are no match for Mewtwo, clearly. But we are talking about Pokemon trained by members of the Elite 4 and Champions. That's a completely different level! Back in Hoenn, Lance's Red Gyarados was able to match his Hyper Beam with Kyogre's Hyper Beam. Lance's Gyarados is clearly stronger than the Gyarados trained by the guy who reached Mewtwo's island, so Mewtwo wouldn't have it so easy to defeat a Gyarados of such level.

3º) TRio is completely different from the Main Team Rocket. Even if the criminal organization was defeated, they will keep operating as the "Team Rocket" because they don't know to do anything else. It's just like some old member from Teams Magma, Aqua and Galaxy that appeared in the anime. After their organizations were dissolved, they kept being criminals, just like the disguise guy from Team Magma who used a Ditto. Besides, even if Team Rocket was defeated this Generation, they could return in the next one somehow, using the plot from the games of Gen I and II. In Gen I, Team Rocket was defeated and disbanded, while in Gen II, they tried to reband it. So, Team Rocket would be taken DOWN not OUT
1. What?No, Mewtwo used Psychic to create powerful storm between Ash and co's place and his place using probably like 1% of his Pokemon( one finger). Zapdos also can create thunderstorms and Zapdos would get destroyed by any Mewtwo not just first movie Mewtwo, so weak argument. I agree with DP Trio, I never said anything against them, so what's the point?
2. You should think about it. First Mewtwo would still destroy E4 and Champion level Pokemon because of power he displayed as I mention above and no, it's not "Rain dance". Do you even know what Rain Dance is and how it looks like? I didn't know Rain Dance can create storms and big waves that are like many many miles wide/big.That was obviously Psychic. Kyogre is weaker than Rayquaza which is weaker than Mewtwo from first movie.

3.No they wouldn't. They need Giovanni to operate as seen million times that they're loyal to him.As long as Giovanni is hear , TR will always be there. Even if it's Giovanni and Trio, Giovanni would logically build up TR back to their prime like they are now. All the members are in jail after their leader is taken down/out(died) and they would pretty much disband or new leader would come and they would get together( maybe). But, I don't see Giovanni get taken down/out until the end of anime. TRio wouldn't function without Giovanni. And Trio will be here because of Ash and Pikachu so it goes: Ash and Pikachu -> Trio -> GIovanni.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
1. What?No, Mewtwo used Psychic to create powerful storm between Ash and co's place and his place using probably like 1% of his Pokemon( one finger). Zapdos also can create Thunderstorm and Zapdos would get destroyed by any Mewtwo not just first movie Mewtwo. I agree with DP Trio, I never said anything against them, so what's the point?
2. You should think about it. First Mewtwo would still destroy E4 and Champion level Pokemon because of power he displayed as I mention above and no, it's not "Rain dance". Do you even know what Rain Dance is and how it looks like? I didn't know Rain Dance can create storms and big waves that are like many many miles wide/big.That was obviously Psychic. Kyogre is weaker than Rayquaza which is weaker than Mewtwo from first movie.

3.No they wouldn't. They need Giovanni to operate as seen million times that they're loyal to him.As long as Giovanni is hear , TR will always be there. Even if it's Giovanni and Trio, Giovanni would logically build up TR back to their prime like they are now. All the members are in jail after their leader is taken down/out(died) and they would pretty much disband or new leader would come and they would get together( maybe). But, I don't see Giovanni get taken down/out until the end of anime. TRio wouldn't function without Giovanni. And Trio will be here because of Ash and Pikachu so it goes: Ash and Pikachu -> Trio -> GIovanni.

1º) Pal, Psychic can't be used for all. Do you remember when Gyarados fired Hyper Beam against Mewtwo and turned against him? That was the move COUNTER, like Wobbuffet's, but with its power increased by Mewtwo's psychic power. About Rain Dance's effects: Increses the damage of Water Type's moves, Thunder always strikes, and Hurricane always strikes. Besides, the stronger the Pokemon who uses is, the stronger the move gets. When Ash's Goomy used, it was just a little rain over one person (Serena), but it became a strong rain after it evolved to Goodra. Therefore, Rain Dance used by a Pokemon as strong as Mewtwo will cause a BIG storm. And not all Legendary Pokemon have the same level of Power. Yeah, Mewtwo could defeat Zapdos, but he wouldn't have such luck against Zekrom. I mentioned the DP because you sounded like Mewtwo had no rival at all against all the other Pokemon, but Arceus and some others have a greater power than his.

2º) I already mentioned the effects of Rain Dance before and how it works for different Pokemon. The stronger the Pokemon, the bigger the climatic effect is. And I repeat, Mewtwo wouldn't be able to beat the Pokemon of many of the Elite Four and Champions. Sure, he could beat Bruno and his Fighting Pokemon by obvious reasons, but if Bruno had a Steelix, it wouldn't so easy for Mewtwo (unless he had a Fighting move himself). The Elite Four trainers who use Dragon, Ghost and Dark types would have a BIG chance of defeating Mewtwo. And Champions like Steven, Cynthia and Diantha would find a challenge on Mewtwo, but they would have SOME chances to defeat him. And what makes you think Rayquaza is weaker than Mewtwo?

3º) Have you forgotten Johto? Turned out Jessie and James were expelled from Team Rocket because their incompetence and they didn't even know. TRio are dummies, so they will keep acting like dummies even if Giovanni is defeated. They are like Wile E Coyote, who wouldn't stop chasing the Road Runner just to do something with his life. Yeah, Giovanni's ultimate defeat will come at the end of the anime, but that doesn't mean he can't suffer a BIG defeat now; disappear to gather new strength and then return with a vengeance.

CMButch

1º) Pal, Psychic can't be used for all. Do you remember when Gyarados fired Hyper Beam against Mewtwo and turned against him? That was the move COUNTER, like Wobbuffet's, but with its power increased by Mewtwo's psychic power. About Rain Dance's effects: Increses the damage of Water Type's moves, Thunder always strikes, and Hurricane always strikes. Besides, the stronger the Pokemon who uses is, the stronger the move gets. When Ash's Goomy used, it was just a little rain over one person (Serena), but it became a strong rain after it evolved to Goodra. Therefore, Rain Dance used by a Pokemon as strong as Mewtwo will cause a BIG storm. And not all Legendary Pokemon have the same level of Power. Yeah, Mewtwo could defeat Zapdos, but he wouldn't have such luck against Zekrom. I mentioned the DP because you sounded like Mewtwo had no rival at all against all the other Pokemon, but Arceus and some others have a greater power than his.

2º) I already mentioned the effects of Rain Dance before and how it works for different Pokemon. The stronger the Pokemon, the bigger the climatic effect is. And I repeat, Mewtwo wouldn't be able to beat the Pokemon of many of the Elite Four and Champions. Sure, he could beat Bruno and his Fighting Pokemon by obvious reasons, but if Bruno had a Steelix, it wouldn't so easy for Mewtwo (unless he had a Fighting move himself). The Elite Four trainers who use Dragon, Ghost and Dark types would have a BIG chance of defeating Mewtwo. And Champions like Steven, Cynthia and Diantha would find a challenge on Mewtwo, but they would have SOME chances to defeat him. And what makes you think Rayquaza is weaker than Mewtwo?

3º) Have you forgotten Johto? Turned out Jessie and James were expelled from Team Rocket because their incompetence and they didn't even know. TRio are dummies, so they will keep acting like dummies even if Giovanni is defeated. They are like Wile E Coyote, who wouldn't stop chasing the Road Runner just to do something with his life. Yeah, Giovanni's ultimate defeat will come at the end of the anime, but that doesn't mean he can't suffer a BIG defeat now; disappear to gather new strength and then return with a vengeance.
1. Psychic can't be used for all? What? I don't understand what this means. Dude, Mewtwo's moves are Psychic,Barrier, Counter and Shadow Ball. Psychic is obviously stronger because of water feat, Barrier was also OP, and Counter too. Lol no, it wasn't Rain Dance, it was Psychic and RD about stronger Pokemon , stronger move gets doesn't make sense, but even if we go by that logic of yours Mewtwo would still be hillariously strong because his " RD" created that mess that wide and big which is above any E4 and Champion level feat.
Zekrom would defeat Base Mewtwo from Genesect movie would get trashed by Mewtwo from first movie.

2. And as I stated it's not RD, it was Psychic. I already posted above which moves Mewtwo used and secondly even if it was RD that created that big storm and if we use your logic stronger Pokemon stronger moves, that still means Mewtwo is so strong that he would destroy that big of a landscape. He would still be above island buster or something. Yes he can, Mewtwo is above Island busting which no E4/Champion Pokemon can achieve even if Champion/E4 Pokemon tag team they would destroy a mountain at best with their attacks., Mewtwo is still above them if we use "RD" but in reality he used Psychic with like small amount of effort. Rayquaza didn't give anything as close as Mewtwo in anime even an Island busting, Mewtwo did. Mega Rayquaza would probably be closer to Mewtwo. But Mewtwo from first movie could probably use Mega and beat Mega Rayquaza easily.

3. I don't remember much Johto, but you're missing a point here. In the end ,they're still in TR and TR being disbanded and TRio still working as TR without any key member or any member at all is pretty dumb LMAO. They would figure it out sooner or later, like no Giovanni, no Matori giving them tasks etc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:

It was obviously Psychic, though. Psychic in the anime can do several things, and considering how strong Mewtwo was in the first movie, it makes sense that his Psychic could control the weather. All he was really doing with the attack was making the storm clouds gather anyway, which isn't particularly hard to believe. The fact that his hand was glowing with the usual blue aura that's associated with Psychic in the anime already proves this anyway, so I'm puzzled by why people think it was Rain Dance when all the signs tell us that it was Mewtwo's Psychic attack.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
1. Psychic can't be used for all? What? I don't understand what this means. Dude, Mewtwo's moves are Psychic,Barrier, Counter and Shadow Ball. Psychic is obviously stronger because of water feat, Barrier was also OP, and Counter too. Lol no, it wasn't Rain Dance, it was Psychic and RD about stronger Pokemon , stronger move gets doesn't make sense, but even if we go by that logic of yours Mewtwo would still be hillariously strong because his " RD" created that mess that wide and big which is above any E4 and Champion level feat.
Zekrom would defeat Base Mewtwo from Genesect movie would get trashed by Mewtwo from first movie.

2. And as I stated it's not RD, it was Psychic. I already posted above which moves Mewtwo used and secondly even if it was RD that created that big storm and if we use your logic stronger Pokemon stronger moves, that still means Mewtwo is so strong that he would destroy that big of a landscape. He would still be above island buster or something. Yes he can, Mewtwo is above Island busting which no E4/Champion Pokemon can achieve even if Champion/E4 Pokemon tag team they would destroy a mountain at best with their attacks., Mewtwo is still above them if we use "RD" but in reality he used Psychic with like small amount of effort. Rayquaza didn't give anything as close as Mewtwo in anime even an Island busting, Mewtwo did. Mega Rayquaza would probably be closer to Mewtwo. But Mewtwo from first movie could probably use Mega and beat Mega Rayquaza easily.

3. I don't remember much Johto, but you're missing a point here. In the end ,they're still in TR and TR being disbanded and TRio still working as TR without any key member or any member at all is pretty dumb LMAO. They would figure it out sooner or later, like no Giovanni, no Matori giving them tasks etc.

1º) Psychic is basically levitate someone with the power of your mind, of use Psychic Energy to hurt an opponent. Using Psychic to modify weather is has no sense, unless using the Psychic Energy to strengthen another Pokemon Move, like Rain Dance. The moves you mention were the main ones used by Mewtwo, but the first movie was from before the times they made official the whole thing about "Four Moves only". Until then, they could have more than just four. Remember, in the Orange Islands, Ash's Pikachu used Thunder Shock, Thunder Bolt, Thunder, Agility and Quick Attack against Drake. Therefore, Mewtwo could have more moves than those four, like Rain Dance; which was not still officially introduced, just like Shadow Ball. Stronger Pokemon get stronger Moves has all the sense pal. Don't you remember Ritchie vs Ash's match? Zippo was just a Charmander, and his Flamethrower didn't do much to Ash's Charizard, but Charizard's Flamethrower was so powerful that Zippo had to run away from it. And like I said, he strengthened his Rain Dance with his tremendous Psychic Energy; creating a great storm. If a Champion or an E4 has a strong Pokemon with Sunny Day, it could surely annulate Mewtwo's storm. And the Mewtwo's Genesect wasn't weaker than the original Mewtwo, she simply didn't like to go full power at fighting. Both Mewtwos must be equally strong, and they wouldn't have it easy against Zekrom or Reshiram.

2º) Like I said, that was Rain Dance boosted with Psychic Energy. (Think of it like when Grotle incresed his power by eating Energy Ball). I don't understand what do you mean with "Island Buster". If you talk about when he destroyed the laboratory where he was created, that wasn't all Mewtwo. He surely started it, but it could be dangeous and flammable stuff in that laboratory that increased the explosion. Just like if you throw a firecracker in a TNT's warehouse, the explosion will be tremendous. And if you talk when he banished his hideout in "Mewtwo Returns", that was no destruction, Mewtwo used Teleport to take the fountain safe under the mountain. Rayquaza is a close match to Deoxys' power in the anime, and Deoxys could probably match Mewtwo's power; therefore, Rayquaza and Mewtwo and a close level of power.

3º) Like I said, the TRio are dummies, so even if the rest of Team Rocket is defeated, they would keep doing the same thing as a way to bring glory to Team Rocket again. And honestly, after so many years, they could finally find something better to do with their lives. Her real purpose in the series is giving Ash and company a continuos opponent to make their Pokemon to keep fighting continuously. They can find better ways to give Ash that than that Trio of Clowns.

Either if it the same Mewtwo from the First Movie, the one from Genesect's film, or even a new one, Mewtwo's power is no longer as great as before. There are stronger Pokemon and trainers that from those times, and he wouldn't be able to defeat them all. Do you remember the Trainer is Sinnoh with a Darkrai and a Latios? Pretty sure Darkrai could be a difficult battle for Mewtwo.

CMButch

It was obviously Psychic, though. Psychic in the anime can do several things, and considering how strong Mewtwo was in the first movie, it makes sense that his Psychic could control the weather. All he was really doing with the attack was making the storm clouds gather anyway, which isn't particularly hard to believe. The fact that his hand was glowing with the usual blue aura that's associated with Psychic in the anime already proves this anyway, so I'm puzzled by why people think it was Rain Dance when all the signs tell us that it was Mewtwo's Psychic attack.
Yeah,I am pretty done with that guy.Obviously he is delusional since he thinks it is rain dance.