• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

Omar6662

Korrina's Lucario essentially dragged things out with a long *** 5-episode arc with weird aesops where the whole group was reduced to Korrina's cheerleaders rather than letting Ash get his own Lucario with a Lucarionite (hence why Ash-Greninja had to exist). And in the end, it turned out that mastering Mega Evolution made it easier to defeat in eeeeeeeeeeeeevery appearance it got that was a normal battle. Gave me worse vibes than the losses Ash got through Ash-Greninja (in fact, they're almost alike, it's creepy). In a way, this arc was a worse version of Maylene's arc, where Dawn had a good lasting impression on Maylene next to Ash, but Korrina's arc made the horrible mistake of adding TRio in...pretty much all the big moments (rather than Ash or anyone else making breakthroughs directly) that led to Korrina finally getting through her Lucario.

Kukui's Lucario was...odd, but that was mostly because Kukui was the only person in the entire region who couldn't bother to do Ohana properly with his team while everyone else did. Maybe the writers weren't ready to have a Lucario for over 100 episodes of exposure? Who knows, but his was just an odd addition because Gladion couldn't have it around (as his in-game team has it) next to his imported Dusk Lycanroc (because edge) and last minute addition Zoroark. (I'm also put off by how Silvally was second fiddle to Dusk Lycanroc, but that's a different story).
I don't think the kukui team had any intention of being part of the cast outside incineroar, it was more of a last wall, yes, I think it's okay.
As for Gladion, I think his pokemon had good screen time, Silvali in the past and his relationship with Lili Lyncarod, being a representative of his rivalry with Ash and Zoroark had the most battles, contributing to the mystery, Monh and with Magearna, apart from that, Silvali was not the strongest pokemon.

Guy100

I've already mentioned this in a previous thread, but I guess this thread is possibly the most appropriate since its speculated.

I'm starting to realize that Pokemon that are sometimes drawn by specific Pokemon Designers from Gamefreak, sometimes get caught by one of the main characters in the anime.

It previously happened with Ash getting Dracovish in the Journey's series, and in Alola with him getting Poipole, and so on. Not saying the case will happen in the Horizon Series but you never know.

I was wondering if Aura will be introduced into Pokemon Horizons universe because Riolu would be in this anime or not.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I wonder if Roy has another gym leader challenge in the works, he fought Colza as a way for Colza to see if he was worthy of chasing after Rayquaza and then once more Kabu would a play a role in offering info on Rayquaza and stated he wouldn't stand a chance against Rayquaza if he couldn't beat him. Hogator improved and then he retired from the fight. A makeshift gym challenge for the sake of improvement without the badges and leagues with leaders doing their jobs as teachers. Also very different from official gym battles for the sake of being a Champion.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I wonder if Roy has another gym leader challenge in the works, he fought Colza as a way for Colza to see if he was worthy of chasing after Rayquaza and then once more Kabu would a play a role in offering info on Rayquaza and stated he wouldn't stand a chance against Rayquaza if he couldn't beat him. Hogator improved and then he retired from the fight. A makeshift gym challenge for the sake of improvement without the badges and leagues with leaders doing their jobs as teachers. Also very different from official gym battles for the sake of being a Champion.
I'm expecting they'll be continue having in-game characters make guest appearances when they visit other regions but it remains to be seen if they'll be gym leader characters.

TwoSteps

Korrina's Lucario essentially dragged things out with a long *** 5-episode arc with weird aesops where the whole group was reduced to Korrina's cheerleaders rather than letting Ash get his own Lucario with a Lucarionite (hence why Ash-Greninja had to exist). And in the end, it turned out that mastering Mega Evolution made it easier to defeat in eeeeeeeeeeeeevery appearance it got that was a normal battle. Gave me worse vibes than the losses Ash got through Ash-Greninja (in fact, they're almost alike, it's creepy). In a way, this arc was a worse version of Maylene's arc, where Dawn had a good lasting impression on Maylene next to Ash, but Korrina's arc made the horrible mistake of adding TRio in...pretty much all the big moments (rather than Ash or anyone else making breakthroughs directly) that led to Korrina finally getting through her Lucario.

Kukui's Lucario was...odd, but that was mostly because Kukui was the only person in the entire region who couldn't bother to do Ohana properly with his team while everyone else did. Maybe the writers weren't ready to have a Lucario for over 100 episodes of exposure? Who knows, but his was just an odd addition because Gladion couldn't have it around (as his in-game team has it) next to his imported Dusk Lycanroc (because edge) and last minute addition Zoroark. (I'm also put off by how Silvally was second fiddle to Dusk Lycanroc, but that's a different story).
They didn't give him a mega Lucario then, because from the get-go Greninja was going to be his ace for Kalos, iirc.. Korrina having a Lucario wouldn't have mattered; if they wanted mega Lucario to be his ace in Kalos, they would have done it.

Kazuniya

certified kino coming in 2024
Not to mention how insulting it was that they had the audacity to give Korrina her own mini-arc while Serena had nothing going on for her lol.

Omar6662

Not to mention how insulting it was that they had the audacity to give Korrina her own mini-arc while Serena had nothing going on for her lol.
They gave him a mini arc Mayline but nothing for Brock in DP so I don't see why the Serena thing is new

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
They gave him a mini arc Mayline but nothing for Brock in DP so I don't see why the Serena thing is new
It took Serena a movie period to start doing something.

Korrina, meanwhile, crashes and immediately receives a banquet.

Ahh~, it feels so nice that Horizons didn't take 40 episodes for either of the two leads (especially the female) to do meaningful stuff.

Omar6662

Ahh~, it feels so nice that Horizons didn't take 40 episodes for either of the two leads (especially the female) to do meaningful stuff.
liko protagonist = serena secondary protagonist obvious liko would start earlier

Omar6662

that was. arc part serena that couldn't find a goal

nuzamaki90

Getting a little worried about the current pacing. All Explorers admins revealed, all Hero Pokémon revealed, Liko’s grandmother’s role has been concluded, and we’re going to be at 3 out of the 6 Hero Pokémon obtained and we are only in the early 30s. Wonder what they have planned to stretch things out, if they even do.

Omar6662

Liko's a main FEMALE lead, which the previous series was deathly allergic to. Serena was screwed in the era when they started to phase out female companions.

Also, Serena technically started early, but it still took her a few episodes to get to Ash.
You yourself said the main protagonist, that is, the show is governed by a liko basis. In any case, only Alan and Lillie are closer to that than Serena in terms of the same place, how much plot and importance

Omar6662

I mean iris herself got screwed. A dragon type master that didnt get to catch more than 1 dragon of her region that too unevolved in base form. Tbf the only female leads that didnt actually get screwed over were may and dawn.
May was left out every time Ash wanted to train or do something else without talking about his armor plot.

Illusio

No words, only rage
I mean iris herself got screwed. A dragon type master that didnt get to catch more than 1 dragon of her region that too unevolved in base form. Tbf the only female leads that didnt actually get screwed over were may and dawn.
Tbf with Axew, he caught a dreaded case of marketable plushie syndrome, something no protagonist can control. Iris had to take him to offscreen land to cure it. No excuse for not getting a Hydreigon or Druddigon though.