• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

ShadowForce720

Tbf with Axew, he caught a dreaded case of marketable plushie syndrome, something no protagonist can control. Iris had to take him to offscreen land to cure it. No excuse for not getting a Hydreigon or Druddigon though.
In all honesty the marketable plushie syndrome was the worst thing that ever happened to Iris’ Axew considering outside of it’s “Dragon Sneeze” becoming Dragon Breath it really wasn’t allowed to have any development in BW.

I mean heck not only was its dream to fully evolve into a Haxorus but if I recall when the village leader gave Iris’ her Axew it was with the task of raising it into a Haxorus.

In all honesty I think preventing a mon from evolving just for the sake of marketing not only hurts the mon’s development but also hurts its marketability.

Trey pokes

In all honesty the marketable plushie syndrome was the worst thing that ever happened to Iris’ Axew considering outside of it’s “Dragon Sneeze” becoming Dragon Breath it really wasn’t allowed to have any development in BW.

I mean heck not only was its dream to fully evolve into a Haxorus but if I recall when the village leader gave Iris’ her Axew it was with the task of raising it into a Haxorus.

In all honesty I think preventing a mon from evolving just for the sake of marketing not only hurts the mon’s development but also hurts its marketability.
If recent gens are to go by, you could say the same things about the games as well.

Guy100

If my speculation about the GameFreak Poke Designers and their featured Pokemon designs entering the anime within the main cast has some fruition, then I would not be surprised if Murdock or Dot ends up catching Grevard. Its seems like the Ghost Dog is meant to be caught by some one of the main cast.

Gholdengo's gotta appear in the future, and I'm thinking it will either be caught by Friede or be under the ownership of Ash if he returns.

Again, I still speculate that Kubfu will be caught by Roy in the near future, along with Palafin. Palafin Hero Form pokedex entry of it being strong enough to lift a cruiseship, just seems like a major hint to serving as a plot of moving the Brave Asagi.

Tinkaton

Tinkaton No 1 Gen 9 Pokemon
Tinkaton's gotta appear in the future as well, either if we see it as a capture, poppy, or even a random character or wild, gotta appear in 2024

Guy100

Tinkaton's gotta appear in the future as well, either if we see it as a capture, poppy, or even a random character or wild, gotta appear in 2024
I can imagine Tinkaton being Liko's "problem child" pokemon, based on how opposite it is to her demeanor.

Speaking of future appearances, I would not be too surprised if Raikou appeared again in the main anime, and was caught by Roy.

Afterall, it seems the writers of the anime apparently dont seem to have a problem with characters owning one of the trio johto legendaries, since its been confirmed that Lucius once caught Entei, and Goh has ownership of Suicune. So I wouldn't be surprised if Roy got Raikou as his "Roaming Pokemon".

Last edited:

Guy100

Getting a little worried about the current pacing. All Explorers admins revealed, all Hero Pokémon revealed, Liko’s grandmother’s role has been concluded, and we’re going to be at 3 out of the 6 Hero Pokémon obtained and we are only in the early 30s. Wonder what they have planned to stretch things out, if they even do.
Whats next after the Hero Story arc, I'm guessing, conclusion of Liko's forefront adventure arc, and the beginning of Roy's forefront story adventure, perhaps as a Paldea cadet trainer to help build up his trainer for the Rayquaza showdown. By the way, when I mean by forefront, I mean the character that is leading the story.

DuskAstral

Whats next after the Hero Story arc, I'm guessing, conclusion of Liko's forefront adventure arc, and the beginning of Roy's forefront story adventure, perhaps as a Paldea cadet trainer to help build up his trainer for the Rayquaza showdown. By the way, when I mean by forefront, I mean the character that is leading the story.
I don't see Roy joining Paldea's academy before the end of the series.
If HZ was supposed to be "the story of Liko and Roy", I can't imagine that they would suddenly be separated halfway through the series.

Guy100

I don't see Roy joining Paldea's academy before the end of the series.
If HZ was supposed to be "the story of Liko and Roy", I can't imagine that they would suddenly be separated halfway through the series.
Well, let me clarify. Since my only interest in this new series (horizon) is for the curiosity of wanting know if the pokemon franchise, through the anime, will be successful with its introduction of a new story, my comment regarding Roy taking the forefront in a new arc adventure halfway through the series is based on my thoughts from observing how the series has handled the current arcs, with Liko supposedly leading the adventure since the current episodes are generally focused on her research to discovering the mystery about the pendant and the six heroes.

From reviewing this episode short summary about one of the six hero pokemon and its memory of its companions, its to guess that the six hero story arc is perhaps intended to be heavily focused more on developing Liko's progress towards her goal than it is for Roy, since the plot of this arc centers mostly on Liko's research to finding and collecting the six hero pokemon.

With that said, since both Liko and Roy have their respective priorities to accomplishing their respective quest, my thoughts were if the horizon series intentionally plans to execute the narrative of both Liko and Roy's respective goals by introducing adventure arcs that help progress the two protagonist's efforts toward accomplishing their goals while helping to carry out the plot of the whole adventure; mystery of the ancient relics left by Lucius.

Afterall, the anime is a marketing tool for the pokemon franchise, and seemingly the purpose of having two protagonist of different genders in the horizon story is to serve out a role to cater to its respective younger audience.

I really dont see an issue of the horizon series introducing respective story arcs that cater to the goals of its two protagonist. You have the heavily focused research story arc, which Liko's takes the center stage of leading the adventure, and then the possibility of the battle story arc, which Roy taking the center stage of leading the adventure.

A possible plot of Roy joining the Paldea Academy to become a stronger trainer to defeat Raquaza doesn't seem to takeway the focus of the adventure, since is its expected that the region of Paldea will play a role in the Horizon story, with Terapagos origin, and the fact that Liko hails from the region which is a highly acclaimed research hub area.

DuskAstral

You have the heavily focused research story arc, which Liko's takes the center stage of leading the adventure, and then the possibility of the battle story arc, which Roy taking the center stage of leading the adventure.
I understand that, but I don't think it's appropriate for Paldea to join the academy (especially since he's already enrolled in another school).
Other than that, I think the "Battle Story arc" for Roy has already been established, specifically the occasional fights with Gym leaders.

Trey pokes

I understand that, but I don't think it's appropriate for Paldea to join the academy (especially since he's already enrolled in another school).
Other than that, I think the "Battle Story arc" for Roy has already been established, specifically the occasional fights with Gym leaders.
Speaking of gym leaders, any ideas who could be next.

Guy100

Well, there is the possibility of Roy attending the Paldea academy as a semester exchange student in order to not only sharpen his skill as a battler but also learn more about pokemon battle terastal phenomena since it supposedly originates in Paldea. Nemona brought up the subject about terestalization in earlier episodes, and Roy has openingly expressed an interest in wanting to know more about it.

With that being said, this episode being focused on Lapras's memories of its companion probably wont tell much. Was never that interested in Lapras as a Pokemon, since its debut in the anime only served a minimal plot purpose of being a ferry driver. Wishful thinking, but I would have liked the idea of one of the six hero pokemon being the giant dragonite that was introduced in light house episode featuring Bill.

DuskAstral

Well, there is the possibility of Roy attending the Paldea academy as a semester exchange student in order to not only sharpen his skill as a battler but also learn more about pokemon battle terastal phenomena
If Roy were to join the Academy, what would happen to Liko?
She's also an MC, so she can't suddenly disappear (not even for one arc).

Guy100

If Roy were to join the Academy, what would happen to Liko?
She's also an MC, so she can't suddenly disappear (not even for one arc).
Well, since it appears that Liko seems to be essentially following into both her mothers and grandmothers interest into researching mysterious phenomena, such as this episode with Lapras, there's the possibility of the anime expanding on Liko's goal by discovering the mystery of her terapogos and the six hero pokemon by exploring the Paldea Research institutes and meeting other research professors in other regions. It seems appropriate that Paldea research centers will play a significant role in this new series adventure since it is in the new gen region.

Just my thoughts.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Speaking of gym leaders, any ideas who could be next.
Just as long as it isn't someone we've seen a lot of.

For example: No Korrina in Kalos, Hala in Alola, or Cynthia in Sinnoh, thank you. Though with OUR dumb luck that's what'll happen. I can ALREADY see Cynthia teaming up with our heroes when they look for Kleavor because that would be something she'd be VERY interested in...
(Though I hope I'm wrong).

Give me characters who had small episode counts--or even better, haven't even been animated before--instead of one who were honorary companions. Oh, I'm not AGAINST honorary companions per se...but characters who have less (in some cases a LOT less) screen time would be more of a treat.

vondecayle

Just noticed from the new intro that Agate has a Medicham as her ace since we haven’t seen her involved in a battle yet. I like how the pokemon of the explorer’s aren’t your typical evil grunt types such as Golbat & Magnemite. Her character design is interesting and I’m intrigued about her origins. Hopefully we see her take part in the action the next time the explorers show up.

BUBkMcq.jpeg

Kazuniya

certified kino coming in 2024
Just noticed from the new intro that Agate has a Medicham as her ace since we haven’t seen her involved in a battle yet. I like how the pokemon of the explorer’s aren’t your typical evil grunt types such as Golbat & Magnemite. Her character design is interesting and I’m intrigued about her origins. Hopefully we see her take part in the action the next time the explorers show up.

BUBkMcq.jpeg
Given her overall presentation as a serious/stoic person, and her partner Pokemon being a Medicham, psychic/fighting, I wonder if we're meant to view Agate as potentially the most threatening of the admins, a clever mix of brains and brawn, both intelligent but also quite strong. Not driven by strong emotions or arrogance like Amethio, Sango or Spinel that would make her slip up, but always calm and collected.

(I'm desperate for Explorers to have at least one competent admin that won't be obliterated by Pikachu)

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Given her overall presentation as a serious/stoic person, and her partner Pokemon being a Medicham, psychic/fighting, I wonder if we're meant to view Agate as potentially the most threatening of the admins, a clever mix of brains and brawn, both intelligent but also quite strong. Not driven by strong emotions or arrogance like Amethio, Sango or Spinel that would make her slip up, but always calm and collected.
Right? With the Sailor Moon villain comparisons, that means we need SOMEONE to be the component/tough one...
(unless that Hambur's job)

(I'm desperate for Explorers to have at least one competent admin that won't be obliterated by Pikachu)
To be fair, Spinel had to retreat when Arboliva showed up. When your ace is telling to run for it, that's a sign you HAVE to give up.

Decidueye23

Also, when the explorers bungled up seems like they were asked to retreat by gibeon. Hamburgh gets a call and leaves allowing diana to escape, wonfer what that was about.

I feel like agate is the next explorer we'll see the group face off.

vondecayle

It would certainly be a pleasant surprise if Pikachu tried to thunderpunch medicham just to be successfully repelled by it. However, they seem to be determined to make Amethio Friede’s main rival from the explorers so I feel uncertain about any of other members having a proper battle against him. I do hope you are correct in your assessment, it would be more interesting if Agate represented a bigger threat than the others.