• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Yes, but consider this: even 25 years IRL weren't enough for a single year to pass in the anime. For them, 100 years must be the equivalent of 3000 years or more.
Fair point.

KyleK

Fatebreaker
It wouldn't be surprising if Lapras might just be in the middle of the ocean

Articfoxgamez

I just don't know if Alola at all cause of a certain champion, so.... Original location?
Don't think that would really be an issue. It's not like everyone is constantly talking about the champion in... any reigon.

But yeah it's probably just... the ocean in general not a specific reigon. Because making it a reigon would mean nothing because we just see water rather than the actual landmass.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

It has been announced that the Pocket Monsters anime ending theme "RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap" will be released on CD Wednesday December 27th.
"RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap", which features Liko, Roy and the Rising Volt Tacklers rapping, has been airing on TV as the show's ending theme since April this year, and became extremely popular right away. A new version, "(Part 2)", started airing as the ending theme in October.
The upcoming CD will include every version of Part 1 and Part 2 as they aired on TV, as well as their full versions. The Blu-ray will include creditless versions of every version of Part 1 and Part 2. The CD jacket sports an all-new illustration of the Rising Volt Tacklers done specifically for this release.

RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap
Lyrics: Fuma no KTR, Ryogo Matsumaru & Kaiyu Fujimoto (from RIDDLER Inc.)
Composition: WAZGOGG, Fuma no KTR and Joe Ogawa
Arrangement: Joe Ogawa
Release date: Wednesday December 27th 2023
Format: CD+Blu-ray
Price: 2,750 yen (tax included)
Product Number: BVCL1357-8

Track list:
Disc 1 (CD)
RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap (Friede Ver.) (by Liko (Minori Suzuki) & Roy (Yuka Terasaki) & Friede (Taku Yashiro))
RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap (Orio Ver.) (by Liko (Minori Suzuki) & Roy (Yuka Terasaki) & Orio (Ayane Sakura))
RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap (Murdock Ver.) (by Liko (Minori Suzuki) & Roy (Yuka Terasaki) & Murdock (Kenta Miyake))
RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap (Molly Ver.) (by Liko (Minori Suzuki) & Roy (Yuka Terasaki) & Molly (Kei Shindo))
RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap (Randou Ver.) (by Liko (Minori Suzuki) & Roy (Yuka Terasaki) & Randou (Ikkyu Juku))
RVR: Rising Volt Tacklers Rap (Dot Ver.) (by Liko (Minori Suzuki) & Roy (Yuka Terasaki) & Dot (Yoshino Aoyama))
+8 more (14 in total)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray)
Pocket Monsters anime ending theme creditless video (Friede Ver.)
Pocket Monsters anime ending theme creditless video (Orio Ver.)
Pocket Monsters anime ending theme creditless video (Murdock Ver.)
Pocket Monsters anime ending theme creditless video (Molly Ver.)
Pocket Monsters anime ending theme creditless video (Randou Ver.)
Pocket Monsters anime ending theme creditless video (Dot Ver.)
+6 more versions (12 in total)

ShadowForce720

So right now this is how the teams are currently broken down:

Rising Volt Tackler’s:

Sprigatito
Hattena

travels with:
Terapagos
Arbolivia
Galarian Moltres

Fuecoco
Wattrel

Quaxly

Charizard<- - ->Terrastilized Charizard(Dark)
Captain Pikachu

Metagross
Elekid

Chansey

Alcremie
Rockruff

Quagsire

Arcanine
Squawkabiliy(Yellow Plumage form)

Alolan Muk
Carkol
Slugma
Nosepass
Pawmi
Snorunt
Noctowl
Shuckle
Polteageist
Sinistea

Explorer’s:

Ceruledge
Corviknight

Rhydon
Skarmory

Golduck
Skarmory

Umbreon
Beheeyem
Magneton

Glalie

Garganacl

Medicham

Dusknoir

Other characters:

Oshawott
Sandshrew(Kantonian)

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Yuna Ogata is back, proving without doubt that Anne is definitely going to be a major character whose VA is part of the main cast for the show.
I been meaning to reply to this I figured it would be better in this thread but anyway our you expecting Anne will eventually join Liko and the rest of the RVT in their adventures across the world?

Trey pokes

I been meaning to reply to this I figured it would be better in this thread but anyway our you expecting Anne will eventually join Liko and the rest of the RVT in their adventures across the world?
Maybe we'll find out next year.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Eh, not really, but I think we'll get some Kanto episodes where she'll hang out with the group. They keep bringing her back for short scenes and reminding the audience she exists.

Decidueye23

So right now this is how the teams are currently broken down:

Rising Volt Tackler’s:

Sprigatito
Hattena

travels with:
Terapagos
Arbolivia
Galarian Moltres

Fuecoco
Wattrel

Quaxly

Charizard<- - ->Terrastilized Charizard(Dark)
Captain Pikachu

Metagross
Elekid

Chansey

Alcremie
Rockruff

Quagsire

Arcanine
Squawkabiliy(Yellow Plumage form)

Alolan Muk
Carkol
Slugma
Nosepass
Pawmi
Snorunt
Noctowl
Shuckle
Polteageist
Sinistea

Explorer’s:

Ceruledge
Corviknight

Rhydon
Skarmory

Golduck
Skarmory

Umbreon
Beheeyem
Magneton

Glalie

Garganacl

Medicham

Dusknoir

Other characters:

Oshawott
Sandshrew(Kantonian)
On the side of the RVTs , they dont have a sinnoh umovan or kalosian mon on anyone's team or the shipmon. (That we know of atleast) i would think that the next joining mon would be from one of these regions

Guy100

With Poltaegiest now a member aboard the ship, I suspect that Greavard will be a new member of the Volt Tacklers in the near future. I still think that Greavard could either be caught by Dot or Murdock. If Dot catches a Greavard it could perhaps help her to come out her shell alot more since the ghost puppy is playful.

With that being said, it seems the highlight of the story telling of episode 30 brought forth the notion that the Risen Volt Tacklers are less suspicious of new pokemon boarding their crew as a passenger, which seems to lower thier guard of pokemon that could be potential spies.

vondecayle

I suspect that Greavard will be a new member of the Volt Tacklers in the near future.
Did someone mentioned Greavard???!!! I’ve been patiently waiting for his arrival. I hope my little doggo makes it to the horizon anime
the Risen Volt Tacklers are less suspicious of new pokemon boarding their crew as a passenger, which seems to lower thier guard of pokemon that could be potential spies.
I love this idea. Would be super cool to have a spy pokemon! They should use a pokemon that seems unexpected for the job. Bring back porygon for this job and have him report back to the explorers via PC.

Guy100

Did someone mentioned Greavard???!!! I’ve been patiently waiting for his arrival. I hope my little doggo makes it to the horizon anime

I love this idea. Would be super cool to have a spy pokemon! They should use a pokemon that seems unexpected for the job. Bring back porygon for this job and have him report back to the explorers via PC.
I just figured Greavard would make the most sense to appear in the Horizon story arc since it was a Pokemon that was specifically designed by a notable GameFreak designer and was marketed earlier during the Scarlet and Violet game Promotion.

This may be a stretch but, the Pokemon Poltreigest was also a another pokemon that was made by a notable Gamefreak designer, so I'm suspecting that pokemon that are specifically designed by notable Gamefreak employees have some priority to appear in the anime. Greavard just seems like a high candidate to appear, which I assume may be under the ownership of Dot since she seems the most distant of the crew members, which is the polar opposite of Greavard which does not like to be alone.

Greavard and Dot just seem like a perfect match pairing oppose to her and Quaxly.

Also, based on the narrative exposition of the Volt Tacklers function dynamics, I would suspect that the foundation of the Volt Tacklers operations are akin to a "For-Profit-Organization", since they take on assignments from clients that finance their business, which you can say is opposite to the "Cerise Laboratory Institute", which is a funded non-for profit.

After the Lucious story arc, I wonder if the Horizon story will incorporate future story mini-arcs or episodic adventures that feature the Volt Tacklers taking on numerous work-order assignments from different clients that are wanting mysterious artifacts or treasures, which gives more exposition to the dynamics of the Volt Tacklers rivalry with other "For-Profit Organizations" that does the same type of operations they do, but are not as shady like the Explorers.

Guy100

Also Tinkaton, due to tons of promo material, TCG Pack Art, Pokemon Center Merch, and much more
I think your assumptions may be right. At this point Im thinking that some of the most likely pokemon that may possibly feature or serve a role in the Horizon story arc are the following;

1) Greavard - May go to Dot
2) Tinkaton or pre-evolution form -Fan service popularity - Many suspect Liko will catch her
3) Dondozo - May go to Ludlow
4) Charcadet/Armoruge - Wildcard capture maybe
5) Tandemaus/ Maushold - Perhaps future new members of the Brave Asagi
5) Kubfu - perhaps a future capture for Roy to serve as his break through walls member
7) Hisuan Zorua - a possible capture that may involve time travel shennigans when searching for Kleavor
8) Raikou - Perhaps a future member of Roy's team serving as his roaming team member.
9) Zarude - Its a movie pokemon right..so dont they usually make it into the anime...could serve as a future member of Roy's team as his Healer (Jungle Healing)
10) Celebii - it may play a role in Liko meeting Lucious or create some sort of time paradox similar to Ash and Kukui creation of the Alola League
11) Koraidon (Both Paradox forms) - Because its a Gen 9. Wouldn't be surpised if Friede or Ametho caught its respective paradox form.
12) Gholdego - I cant imagine it not debuting with all its promotional hype. Friede or Ash capture maybe.

Just my thoughts so far. I'm sure others have speculated this as well.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

1) Greavard - May go to Dot
While this Pokémon would indeed suit her, I doubt she would have any further captures. She is not interested in fighting.
3) Dondozo - May go to Ludlow
Ludlow has so little screen time, so catching new Pokémon is of no use to him.
12) Gholdego - I cant imagine it not debuting with all its promotional hype. Friede or Ash capture maybe.
Where did you get it? He does not exist in HZ (there is no confirmation of continuity anywhere) and is no longer MC.
That's why he can't catch this Pokémon.