• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2023) Speculation Thread

Guy100

Where did you get it? He does not exist in HZ (there is no confirmation of continuity anywhere) and is no longer MC.
That's why he can't catch this Pokémon.
Its just speculation, since there is also no established confirmation of Ash never appearing or not existing in the horizon anime story.

It can be argued that based on the recent Pokemon Horizon interviews from certain voice cast members mentioning how the series is so far well received by its target audience (children) without Ash being present in the story as a possible confirmation that Ash will not be featured in the series, since the new story is intended to mostly focus on the story of new characters, however, it can also be said that this is just all opinion from the voice cast since it did not come from a higher-up.

I'll say this, in regarding confirmation of continuity between the Ash story arcs and the Horizon adventure series, since the "Ash and Pikachu final chapter story arc" left off as a continuation of the anime "Next time a new beginning" and the fact that the Pokemon Horizon story arc episodes are counted over from the previous story arc of Pokemon Journeys, it seem very plausible that the Horizon story arc is a continuation of the original anime series since the episode counts of the original anime is still in continuation (over 1,200 episode count).

Of course, I may have a misunderstanding of this, but usually if an anime under a franchise starts fresh with a new story that is within a separate universe or continuity, then it would not include the episodes of its new story as a part of a previous original story it concluded since its no longer tied to its continuity.

For example, the original Beyblade anime series and the Beyblade Metal Fusion anime story are some examples of discontinuation of stories that bears the name of its franchise. Both anime series (Original Beyblade and Beyblade Metal Fusion) have no continuity or relation besides bearing the franchise title as a marketing tool. The same can also be said with the Digimon anime series, which often feature stories set in their own continuity.

Of course, these are just my thoughts.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
While this Pokémon would indeed suit her, I doubt she would have any further captures. She is not interested in fighting.

Ludlow has so little screen time, so catching new Pokémon is of no use to him.

Where did you get it? He does not exist in HZ (there is no confirmation of continuity anywhere) and is no longer MC.
That's why he can't catch this Pokémon.

I don't get why you keep saying this, getting pokemon has nothing to do with fighting, also multiple members of the team have more then 1 pokemon already and don't fight so anyone can get anything.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Wonder if Spinel is the weakest Explorer, his Rarecoil and Ohbem with were OHKO by the kids starters basic QA/Water Gun along with Ember. Looking at the Tepen battle, he was super on point about defensive moved, evasion and proper strategy in a way I figured would have suited a pragmatic nerd like Spinel? Spinel didn't do anything after his Psychic-Electro Ball gimmick was simply...attacked back and dispersed? Blacky was just simply strong not particularly special or interesting.

Would he nice to get a pecking order for the Explorers in terms of how threatening or strong they're meant to be.

Kazuniya

certified kino coming in 2024
Blacky was just simply strong not particularly special or interesting.
The narrative pretty blatantly pointed out that Umbreon is on a much higher level of strength than Magneton and Beheeyem, both through depiction of Umbreon's power as well as the characters saying it out loud.

Magneton and Beheeyem were never meant to be powerful Pokemon. The only reason they posed a threat to Friede and Charizard was because they literally ambushed him, catching him off-guard, and even then, it took both of them combined to cause damage to Charizard. and even then they failed. It's totally reasonable that when dealing with three trainers/Pokemon at once, they'd be at a disadvantage. On top of it, Spinel seems to be quite full of himself, and I think him underestimating the rookie trainers caused his downfall.

Spinel himself apologized to Umbreon when he sent it to attack Liko/Roy/Dot, so he clearly holds his Umbreon in higher regard than Magneton/Beheeyem and probably thinks Umbreon is too good to be dealing with rookie trainers.

I'm not sure what you mean by "particularly special or interesting", but I thought Umbreon urging Spinel to flee from the scene because it recognized Arboliva was a threat and that Spinel was losing control, made it more interesting than any of the other Explorers' Pokemon that we've met until now.

Like, I don't think Amethio's ace, Ceruledge, has shown any interesting traits like that, despite appearing in way more episodes than Umbreon.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I’ve always taken it that Amethio was the strongest one amongst all of them. Most of the Explorers lost fairly quicker than he did and the one time he took an official L was when Friede used a gimmick and was super serious.

I’d be extremely happy if Liko and Roy have a mini rivalry with Onyx and Sango or we get a scene with Liko getting payback against Spinel in a battle.

KantoReturner25

Well, I don’t want to be this guy, but, what if Entei or Kleevor is really a Ditto or... Mew? But, most-- if not all of you, might say, “No Way!”

MunchMunch

I'm going to say it, but besides Kleavor, I don't think any of the hero Pokemon they've chose are that interesting at least imo. And Arboliva somewhat because we haven't seen it before. Or maybe I'm just feeling this way because of how random Lapras has felt. Like Lapras has had no build up, at least we where leading into Moltres and Arboliva, Lapras just feels so random.

Decidueye23

For me i'm okay with Lapras not being really special. Maybe it can G-max but eh... it makes lucius feel more realistic if he had a bunch of normal and powerful pokemon in the same team.

Guy100

While this Pokémon would indeed suit her, I doubt she would have any further captures. She is not interested in fighting.

Ludlow has so little screen time, so catching new Pokémon is of no use to him.
You know I also would not be surprised if Ludlow caught a Tatsugiri. Its small enough to board the Brave Asagi and it has marketing potential as a plush doy. Also, Tatsugiri's intellect seems to be just as keen as Ludlow's based on its unpredictability. They would make a dynamic dou.

I suspect Greavard to appear sometime in the horizon anime in the near future. If its paired with Dot, it would make all the more sense to me given their polar opposite dynamics.

lolipiece

AaaaAAAAAAAH!!!!
Staff member
Dondozo is 39 ft long. Literally how is it going to fit on the ship.

Plus, it can't move on land.